OT: It has begun!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Slacker, Mar 19, 2003.

  1. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    No turning back now.

    --
    Slacker

    Tags:

  2. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > No turning back now.
    >
    > --
    > Slacker

    I didn't hear Bush mention the world's children. And their children. Which must be a first.

    Andy Chequer, freedom and peace mentioned lots though.

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > No turning back now.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    >
    > I didn't hear Bush mention the world's children. And their children. Which must be a first.
    >
    > Andy Chequer, freedom and peace mentioned lots though.

    That's because we give a rat's arse bout some children or their mommy!
    --
    Slacker

  4. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote
    > No turning back now.
    >
    > --

    Not quite yet. Check back tomorrow night.

    Pete

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > No turning back now.
    > >
    > > --
    >
    > Not quite yet. Check back tomorrow night.
    >
    > Pete

    Yeah...just heard the same thing on BBC. A planned assassination attempt...I thought those
    were illegal??
    --
    Slacker

  6. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    news:8fbea.18632$S%[email protected]...
    > "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in
    message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > No turning back now.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Slacker
    > >
    > > I didn't hear Bush mention the world's children. And their children.
    Which
    > > must be a first.
    > >
    > > Andy Chequer, freedom and peace mentioned lots though.
    >

    > That's because we give a rat's arse bout some children or their mommy!

    A couple of quotes I have heard (directly) from a few Americas as of late:

    women and children."

    Pretty pathetic in reality when you hear it live.

    darsh

    > Slacker

  7. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Yeah...just heard the same thing on BBC. A planned assassination
    attempt...I thought those were illegal??
    > --

    A fine semantic line. "Assassination" is supposedly illegal. Removing an enemy command and control
    structure is merely prudent in warfare. So...if you send in an army and blow him/them up, it's ok.
    If you send in one guy with a rifle and shoot him, it's not ok.

    And then there's 'regime change'. As brought into play by ex-President Clinton.

    Pete

  8. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote
    > >
    > > Yeah...just heard the same thing on BBC. A planned assassination
    > attempt...I thought those were illegal??
    > > --
    >
    > A fine semantic line. "Assassination" is supposedly illegal. Removing an enemy command and control
    > structure is merely prudent in warfare. So...if you send in an army and blow him/them up, it's ok.
    > If you send in one guy with a rifle and shoot him, it's not ok.
    >
    > And then there's 'regime change'. As brought into play by ex-President Clinton.
    >
    > Pete

    Well that's messed up! We should nullify that law so we can save some frig'n money!
    --
    Slacker

  9. Martees

    Martees Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:8fbea.18632$S%[email protected]...
    > > "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote
    in
    > message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > > I didn't hear Bush mention the world's children. And their children.
    > Which
    > > > must be a first.
    > > >
    > > > Andy Chequer, freedom and peace mentioned lots though.
    > >

    > > That's because we give a rat's arse bout some children or their mommy!
    >
    > A couple of quotes I have heard (directly) from a few Americas as of late:
    >

    > women and children."

    the

    > Pretty pathetic in reality when you hear it live.
    >
    > darsh
    >

    > > Slacker

    Is this pathetic drivel supposed to be representative of America? You need to keep better company.

    Marty

  10. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    "Martees" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:8fbea.18632$S%[email protected]...
    > > > "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com>
    wrote
    > in
    > > message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > > Which

    > > > That's because we give a rat's arse bout some children or their mommy!
    > >
    > > A couple of quotes I have heard (directly) from a few Americas as of
    late:

    about
    > > women and children."
    > >

    > the

    > > Pretty pathetic in reality when you hear it live.
    > >
    > > darsh
    > >

    > > > Slacker
    > >

    > Is this pathetic drivel supposed to be representative of America? You need to keep better company.

    I am not sure, but it is an example. It could be more of an example of America than you might think.
    Those type of people don't protest, they don't participate in polls. They grumble. They watch
    sports. I mean like all sports. I mean like high-school girls basketball in really small towns. When
    the sporting season is low, they are sort of pissed off.

    This sporting idea is of course, by no mean, a direct trait that one can use alone to stereotype
    these racists. There are many other traits and actions, but the message remains the same. Pure
    ignorance. I think it makes them a bit nervous, and scared.

    And by the way, I am happy with my cross-sectioned company thank you very little.

    darsh

    > Marty

  11. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I am not sure, but it is an example. It could be more of an example of America than you might
    > think. Those type of people don't protest, they don't participate in polls. They grumble. They
    > watch sports. I mean like all sports. I mean like high-school girls basketball in really small
    > towns. When the sporting season is low, they are sort of pissed off.
    >
    > This sporting idea is of course, by no mean, a direct trait that one can use alone to stereotype
    > these racists. There are many other traits and actions, but the message remains the same. Pure
    > ignorance. I think it makes them a bit nervous, and scared.

    It's the same caliber of people who do crap like this:
    http://forums13.consumerreview.com/[email protected]@.ef9e1e3

    There are stupid assholes everywhere though, not just in the US.

    JD