OT: Jackass in Iraq???

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by [email protected], Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/template/lib/ram.jhtml?multimediaID=56133

This is taken from one of the national danish TV stations, and the journalist in the foreground is
    talking about what mood the soildiers are when going into war and what effect the news of the
    rescuing of the 19 year old soldier has made on morale.

Later on the studio hostess actually asks the journalist what's going on in the background, and he
    reports back that they are emptying a helicopter that has broken down so that it can be airliftet
    back to base for repairs by another helicopter (I didn't know they could carry that much).

But see for yourself - my guess is the troops are playing a joke on the reporter or perhaphs that
    Jackass has come to Iraq:)

Regards

Bruno

Tags:

2. Michael Dart

Michael Dart Guest

<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/template/lib/ram.jhtml?multimediaID=56133
    >
    > This is taken from one of the national danish TV stations, and the journalist in the foreground is
    > talking about what mood the soildiers are when going into war and what effect the news of the
    > rescuing of the 19 year old soldier has made on morale.
    >
    > Later on the studio hostess actually asks the journalist what's going on in the background, and he
    > reports back that they are emptying a helicopter that has broken down so that it can be airliftet
    > back to base for repairs by another helicopter (I didn't know they could carry that much).
    >

I couldn't open your file but yes one helecopter is capable of lifting another. The just use a
    bigger one.

Mike

> But see for yourself - my guess is the troops are playing a joke on the reporter or perhaphs that
    > Jackass has come to Iraq:)
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Bruno

3. Zilla

Zilla Guest

You need RealPlayer to open the file...

--
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/template/lib/ram.jhtml?multimediaID=56133
    > >
    > > This is taken from one of the national danish TV stations, and the journalist in the foreground
    > > is talking about what mood the soildiers are when going into war and what effect the news of the
    > > rescuing of the 19 year old soldier has made on morale.
    > >
    > > Later on the studio hostess actually asks the journalist what's going on in the background, and
    > > he reports back that they are emptying a helicopter that has broken down so that it can be
    > > airliftet back to base for repairs by another helicopter (I didn't know they could carry that
    > > much).
    > >
    >
    > I couldn't open your file but yes one helecopter is capable of lifting another. The just use a
    > bigger one.
    >
    > Mike
    >
    >
    > > But see for yourself - my guess is the troops are playing a joke on the reporter or perhaphs
    > > that Jackass has come to Iraq:)
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Bruno
    >

4. Darsh

Darsh Guest

I am not sure what to think about that. Had me cracking up though.

A Chinook can carry a Chinook.

darsh

> http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/template/lib/ram.jhtml?multimediaID=56133
    >
    > This is taken from one of the national danish TV stations, and the journalist in the foreground is
    > talking about what mood the soildiers are when going into war and what effect the news of the
    > rescuing of the 19 year old soldier has made on morale.
    >
    > Later on the studio hostess actually asks the journalist what's going on in the background, and he
    > reports back that they are emptying a helicopter that has broken down so that it can be airliftet
    > back to base for repairs by another helicopter (I didn't know they could carry that much).
    >
    > But see for yourself - my guess is the troops are playing a joke on the reporter or perhaphs that
    > Jackass has come to Iraq:)
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Bruno

5. John Harlow

John Harlow Guest

> I couldn't open your file but yes one helecopter is capable of lifting another. The just use a
    > bigger one.

Try it again - it's definitely worth it!

6. Michael Dart

Michael Dart Guest

7. Jason Diaz

Jason Diaz Guest

"Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am not sure what to think about that. Had me cracking up though.
    >
    > A Chinook can carry a Chinook.
    >
    > darsh

Actually I believe a Chinook can carry an M1-A1 Tank!

8. Jason Diaz wrote:
    > Actually I believe a Chinook can carry an M1-A1 Tank!
    >

No way - but it will take a light tank. But hey the british have some they drop with parashutes from
    Hercules planes so anything is possible.

I was more thinking about the size of the payload being a problem but I guess with carefull flying
    it's not a problem.

Regards

Bruno

9. Tdwfl

Tdwfl Guest

>"Darsh" [email protected] Date: 4/3/2003 8:13 PM Eastern wrote: >A Chinook can carry a Chinook.

I don't believe that is correct. I think the CH53E is the only model that can lift it's own weight
    in cargo. A Chinook may be able to lift another like Chinook but only if it is stripped.

tim

10. Simon

Simon Guest

11. Tacomaboy

Tacomaboy Guest

Yep, you may be right. I swear I saw one carrying a frigging huge tank before. Here are some sweet
    pics... http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/h-47-pics.htm

> Jason Diaz wrote:
    > > Actually I believe a Chinook can carry an M1-A1 Tank!
    > >
    >
    > No way - but it will take a light tank. But hey the british have some they drop with parashutes
    > from Hercules planes so anything is possible.
    >
    > I was more thinking about the size of the payload being a problem but I guess with carefull flying
    > it's not a problem.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Bruno

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.