OT: Joke "Will you live to be 80?"

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by deepeddygirl, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. deepeddygirl

    deepeddygirl Guest

    I recently picked a new primary care physician. After two visits and
    exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well for my age."

    A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, "Do
    you think I'll live to be 80?"

    He asked, "Well, do you smoke tobacco or drink beer/wine?" "Oh no," I
    replied. "I'm not doing either."

    Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?" I said,
    "No, my other Doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!"

    "Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing,
    hiking, or bicycling?" No, I don't," I said.

    He asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?" "No,"
    I said. "I don't do any of those things."

    He looked at me and said, "Then why do you give a shit if you live to be
    80?"

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    deepeddygirl <[email protected]> wrote:

    > He looked at me and said, "Then why do you give a shit if you live to be
    > 80?"

    <lol> Too damned true!

    Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse....

    Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. ;-)
    --
    Om.