OT Kraftwerk CD out today

> wafflycat wrote:
>
>> System of a Down are good. Currently I'm into Nine Inch Nails :)

> I note that the .sig generator chose to append an SOAD lyric to the
> preceding post...
>
> Alas their recent gigs in London Town Devine sold out in about an hour,
> but
> we /have/ got Audioslave[1] later this month and QOTSA and The Mars Volta
> two days apart in July.
>
> 1 - though my chum Dai Infidel says it will be cancelled because Chris
> Cornell will come down with a sore throat. Apparently this is
> traditional...

I'm looking forward to Green Day, Jimmey Eats World and Taking Back Sunday
at MK Bowl on 19th of this month. I do hope it's a nice sunny and warm day,
but odds on it'll be p*ssing down!

As the offspring has completed his AS-levels by... errr... (looks at watch)
now he has the next two days off college. He is accompanying his aged,
mid-life crisised mother into Norwich either tomorrow or Friday to make sure
that any attire I purchase to wear at said MK Bowl event is suitable for
when I mosh. No crimplene two-piece allowed apparently ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Cheers, helen s

Dave Larrington wrote:
> Most of these year's eagerly-anticpated releases (Queens Of The Stone Age,
> System Of A Down, Audioslave, The White Stripes, The Mars Volta, Thee Silver
> Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band to name but a few) now grace
> the shelves. Only Black Rebel Motorcycle Club & the second installment of
> System Of A Down to go. Unless our chums The Bétes Noires or The Ludesget
> deals.

Oh bugger, I only recognised 30% of those names and I'm only aware of
having heard anything by one of them. Does this mean I'm due to get my
pipe and slippers surgically attached any day now? :-\

Graeme

Simon Mason wrote:
> "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Just enjoying CD2 on the discman. Not vastly different to The Mix (I
> > missed last year's tour) but very nearly a heart stopping moment in HMV
> > today, As I handed over the card to pay I heard the opening refrain of
> > Computer Love, with guitars and drums, coming over the shop's speakers
> > (fortunately a godawful cover version)

> Thanks for reminding me. I knew there was a CD out today that I wanted to
> buy, but had forgotten what it was. All I knew was that it *wasn't*
> Coldplay.

I've just been sent a copy of Senor Coconut's El Baile Aleman; which is
a load of bossa nova/samba cover versions; at first I thought "what is
this ****?" but it's actually petty good in a very irreverent sort of
way; the version of Autobahn starts with the car, which wont start!
well worth a listen.

I wrote:
> wafflycat wrote:
>
>> System of a Down are good. Currently I'm into Nine Inch Nails :)

> I note that the .sig generator chose to append an SOAD lyric to the
> preceding post...
>
> Alas their recent gigs in London Town Devine sold out in about an
> hour, but we /have/ got Audioslave[1] later this month and QOTSA and
> The Mars Volta two days apart in July.
>
> 1 - though my chum Dai Infidel says it will be cancelled because Chris
> Cornell will come down with a sore throat. Apparently this is
> traditional...

I am pleased to report that Chris Cornell did /not/ come down with a sore
throat (though I should not be surprised if this were a frequent
occurrence).

I am less pleased to report that if a band wishes to alienate their fans,
then waiting forty-five minutes between getting the stage set up up and
starting the set, while the temperature in the auditorium is only marginally
less than that of the surface of the sun is an excellent way of so doing.

Although the hippopotamus hath no sting in its tail, the wise man would
rather be seated upon the back of a bee.