OT - Lack of wisdom after tomorrow

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Stephen Baker, Feb 13, 2003.

  1. Hi all, Well, for those of you who thought there was a lack of wisdom in my posts, be prepared for
    even less. Tomorrow the left-hand wisdom teeth come out. All was well until I bit on a hot mushy
    carrot on a cold day, and the lower exploded. Sic transit and all that...... I suppose I'll come
    across like Rimmer now ;-))

    Steve

    Tags:

  2. Darsh

    Darsh Guest

    > Hi all, Well, for those of you who thought there was a lack of wisdom in my posts,
    be
    > prepared for even less. Tomorrow the left-hand wisdom teeth come out. All was well until I bit on
    > hot mushy carrot on a cold day, and the lower exploded. Sic transit and
    all
    > that...... I suppose I'll come across like Rimmer now ;-))
    >
    > Steve

    I had both sides, impacted, removed many years ago, at the same time. I never regained my wisdom
    after that. There was nothing fun about the experience. I hate ice cream.

    I then got a couple "dry-sockets". They were packed with clove infused cotton style "packs". That
    was a blast.

    No, nothing fun about it.

    darsh

  3. Stephen Baker wrote:
    > Hi all, Well, for those of you who thought there was a lack of wisdom in my posts, be prepared for
    > even less. Tomorrow the left-hand wisdom teeth come out. All was well until I bit on a hot mushy
    > carrot on a cold day, and the lower exploded. Sic transit and all that......

    remind me to tell you about my episode at the last NEMBA meeting.... tomorrow, I'm tired now.

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...

    > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi all, Well, for those of you who thought there was a lack of wisdom in my posts,
    > be
    > > prepared for even less. Tomorrow the left-hand wisdom teeth come out. All was well until I
    > > bit on
    > > hot mushy carrot on a cold day, and the lower exploded. Sic transit and
    > all
    > > that...... I suppose I'll come across like Rimmer now ;-))
    > >
    > > Steve
    >
    > I had both sides, impacted, removed many years ago, at the same time. I never regained my wisdom
    > after that. There was nothing fun about the experience. I hate ice cream.
    >
    > I then got a couple "dry-sockets". They were packed with clove infused cotton style "packs". That
    > was a blast.
    >
    > No, nothing fun about it.
    >
    > darsh

    You guys are wusses. I had all mine yank just for fun. Slammed about three 650mg Vicodin at a pop
    and was chomping pizza a couple days later. Damn dentist dude nearly broke my jaw trying to crack
    the lower right side.
    --
    Slacker the tooth cracker

  5. "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | Hi all, Well, for those of you who thought there was a lack of wisdom in my
    posts, be
    | prepared for even less. Tomorrow the left-hand wisdom teeth come out. All was well until I bit
    on a
    | hot mushy carrot on a cold day, and the lower exploded. Sic transit and
    all
    | that...... I suppose I'll come across like Rimmer now ;-))

    Getting wisdom teeth pulled cause social, and mental, retardation?

    I'm off to brush, floss and soak in fluouride.

    Scary business.

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Stephen Baker <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all, Well, for those of you who thought there was a lack of wisdom in my posts,
    be
    > prepared for even less. Tomorrow the left-hand wisdom teeth come out. All was well until I bit on
    > hot mushy carrot on a cold day, and the lower exploded. Sic transit and
    all
    > that...... I suppose I'll come across like Rimmer now ;-))

    Heh - I have all my wisdom teeth! Got my first ones at 12 years old, and my dentist says I have an
    extra pair for some strange reason. The wise man and the fool are oft one and the same, Steve, but
    you knew that, right?

    ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  7. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Pete Fagerlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:4N%[email protected]...
    > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | Hi all, Well, for those of you who thought there was a lack of wisdom in my
    > posts, be
    > | prepared for even less. Tomorrow the left-hand wisdom teeth come out. All was well until I bit
    > on a
    > | hot mushy carrot on a cold day, and the lower exploded. Sic transit and
    > all
    > | that...... I suppose I'll come across like Rimmer now ;-))
    >
    > Getting wisdom teeth pulled cause social, and mental, retardation?

    Obviously still having them has had that effect on you, Fagerlin.

    > I'm off to brush, floss and soak in fluouride.
    >
    > Scary business.

    It's too late for you - the best you can do is resign yourself to your sorry state.

    Shaun aRe - If I was a Christian, I'd pray you were better, but I'm not, so tough tit...

  8. In article <%[email protected]>, darsh007 @attbi.com says...

    > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi all, Well, for those of you who thought there was a lack of wisdom in my posts,
    > be
    > > prepared for even less. Tomorrow the left-hand wisdom teeth come out. All was well until I
    > > bit on
    > > hot mushy carrot on a cold day, and the lower exploded. Sic transit and
    > all
    > > that...... I suppose I'll come across like Rimmer now ;-))
    > >
    > > Steve
    >
    > I had both sides, impacted, removed many years ago, at the same time. I never regained my wisdom
    > after that. There was nothing fun about the experience. I hate ice cream.
    >
    > I then got a couple "dry-sockets". They were packed with clove infused cotton style "packs". That
    > was a blast.
    >
    > No, nothing fun about it.
    >
    > darsh

    The gas was ok.
    --
    _________________________

  9. R.White

    R.White Guest

    [email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi all, Well, for those of you who thought there was a lack of wisdom in my posts, be prepared for
    > even less. Tomorrow the left-hand wisdom teeth come out. All was well until I bit on a hot mushy
    > carrot on a cold day, and the lower exploded. Sic transit and all that...... I suppose I'll come
    > across like Rimmer now ;-))

    Pussy.

  10. "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    | Pete Fagerlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:4N%[email protected]...
    | > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | > news:[email protected]...
    | > | Hi all, Well, for those of you who thought there was a lack of wisdom in my
    | > posts, be
    | > | prepared for even less. Tomorrow the left-hand wisdom teeth come out. All was well until I
    bit
    | > on a
    | > | hot mushy carrot on a cold day, and the lower exploded. Sic transit
    and
    | > all
    | > | that...... I suppose I'll come across like Rimmer now ;-))
    | >
    | > Getting wisdom teeth pulled cause social, and mental, retardation?
    |
    | Obviously still having them has had that effect on you, Fagerlin.

    Why do you assume that I have my wisdom teeth babblemouth?

    | > I'm off to brush, floss and soak in fluouride.
    | >
    | > Scary business.
    |
    | It's too late for you - the best you can do is resign yourself to your
    sorry
    | state.
    |
    | Shaun aRe - If I was a Christian, I'd pray you were better, but I'm not,
    so
    | tough tit...

    If you were Christian, even more choir boys would be in danger. Thank God for small favors.

  11. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Slacker wrote:
    > "Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:%[email protected]...
    >
    >>"Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>>Hi all, Well, for those of you who thought there was a lack of wisdom in my posts,
    >>
    >>be
    >>
    >>>prepared for even less. Tomorrow the left-hand wisdom teeth come out. All was well until I bit on

    >>>hot mushy carrot on a cold day, and the lower exploded. Sic transit and
    >>
    >>all
    >>
    >>>that...... I suppose I'll come across like Rimmer now ;-))
    >>>
    >>>Steve
    >>
    >>I had both sides, impacted, removed many years ago, at the same time. I never regained my wisdom
    >>after that. There was nothing fun about the experience. I hate ice cream.
    >>
    >>I then got a couple "dry-sockets". They were packed with clove infused cotton style "packs". That
    >>was a blast.
    >>
    >>No, nothing fun about it.
    >>
    >>darsh
    >

    > You guys are wusses. I had all mine yank just for fun. Slammed about three 650mg Vicodin at a pop
    > and was chomping pizza a couple days later. Damn dentist dude nearly broke my jaw trying to crack
    > the lower right side.
    > --
    > Slacker the tooth cracker

    I had all four pulled when I was 34 or 35. I'd been told plenty of times before then that
    they'd need to come out but since they weren't causing problems I said screw that. Then the
    one lower that had come in only halfway, and crooked at that, started putting pressure on
    the tooth next to it, and my teeth were starting to shift, so I figured it was time. Since
    my dentist had had problems with an earlier extraction, ("Jeezus, your bones are hard!") I
    opted for an oral surgeon and general anesthesia. If somebody's going to need to plant their
    knee in my chest for traction, I'd just as soon not know about it. I think hard bones must
    run in the family. My sister had to have an emergency extraction done by a Mexican dentist
    who remarked afterward, "You bones very hard and heavy. You have skull like marble." I
    myself have made similar observations about her, but usually in a different context.

    Kathleen

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Pete Fagerlin <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > | Pete Fagerlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > | news:4N%[email protected]...
    > | > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > | > news:[email protected]...
    > | > posts, be
    > bit
    > | > on a
    > and
    > | > all
    > | >
    > | > Getting wisdom teeth pulled cause social, and mental, retardation?
    > |
    > | Obviously still having them has had that effect on you, Fagerlin.
    >
    > Why do you assume that I have my wisdom teeth babblemouth?

    Either way ',;~}

    > | > I'm off to brush, floss and soak in fluouride.
    > | >
    > | > Scary business.
    > |
    > | It's too late for you - the best you can do is resign yourself to your
    > sorry
    > | state.
    > |
    > | Shaun aRe - If I was a Christian, I'd pray you were better, but I'm not,
    > so
    > | tough tit...
    >
    > If you were Christian, even more choir boys would be in danger. Thank God for small favors.

    I'm so hurt that you'd so cleverly and cuttingly insinuate I'd bugger choir boys. You originality of
    thought and wit, your deftness of implementation, leave me devastated. You must have practised long
    at it to become so adept.

    Shaun aRe - 'sniffle'.