OT: Lady Drivers, UK Government Proposals?

Gary

Guest
Hello,

I often read the Metro on the train, and in Mondays edition (I think), I read an article saying the
government is considering banning HGV drivers & Female Drivers from certain roads during certain
times. I do not believe this for a second, but I am curious why a newspaper would print such a story
without good reason.

Anyone else heard rumours of this nature?

Thanks,

Gary.

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:55:59 GMT, "Gary" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I often read the Metro on the train, and in Mondays edition (I think), I read an article saying the
>government is considering banning HGV drivers & Female Drivers from certain roads during certain
>times. I do not believe this for a second, but I am curious why a newspaper would print such a
>story without good reason.

HGV drivers? Ah, trucks. It's absolutely not out of the question to ban trucks from stretches of
road during certain times -- in Germany, trucks can't drive on the roads on Sundays, midnight to
midnight -- but the EU human rights court and so on would be up in arms about the female part.
Rightly so, IMHO.

Jasper