OT: Lady Drivers, UK Government Proposals?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Gary, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Hello,

    I often read the Metro on the train, and in Mondays edition (I think), I read an article saying the
    government is considering banning HGV drivers & Female Drivers from certain roads during certain
    times. I do not believe this for a second, but I am curious why a newspaper would print such a story
    without good reason.

    Anyone else heard rumours of this nature?

    Thanks,

    Gary.

    Tags:

  2. On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:55:59 GMT, "Gary" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I often read the Metro on the train, and in Mondays edition (I think), I read an article saying the
    >government is considering banning HGV drivers & Female Drivers from certain roads during certain
    >times. I do not believe this for a second, but I am curious why a newspaper would print such a
    >story without good reason.

    HGV drivers? Ah, trucks. It's absolutely not out of the question to ban trucks from stretches of
    road during certain times -- in Germany, trucks can't drive on the roads on Sundays, midnight to
    midnight -- but the EU human rights court and so on would be up in arms about the female part.
    Rightly so, IMHO.

    Jasper