OT: (like anything is on this board!) Clark Griswold Would Be Proud!

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by joanne, Dec 16, 2005.

  1. joanne

    joanne Guest

    Tags:

  2. pickle soup

    pickle soup Guest

    joanne wrote:
    > You have to have your sound on to appreciate this light show:
    >
    > http://www.break.com/articles/houselights.html

    95% of the posts in this group are off topic. Why do you want to post
    off topic to a newsgroup about fitness and weights? Isn't the name of
    the group clear enough?

    There are three big problems with the people that post to this group:

    1) Trolls.

    2) People that post off topic. (even regulars do it)

    3) People that smart off to someone that asks an 'on topic' question.

    That covers almost everybody, doesn't it?

    Only a person that knows nothing about how MOST respond to posts would
    ever ask an on topic question in this group. Most of the people that
    want to save it are just as bad as the ones that want to destroy it.

  3. Jason Earl

    Jason Earl Guest

    pickle soup <[email protected]> writes:

    > joanne wrote:
    >> You have to have your sound on to appreciate this light show:
    >> http://www.break.com/articles/houselights.html
    >>

    > 95% of the posts in this group are off topic. Why do you want to
    > post off topic to a newsgroup about fitness and weights? Isn't the
    > name of the group clear enough?
    >
    > There are three big problems with the people that post to this
    > group:
    >
    > 1) Trolls.
    >
    > 2) People that post off topic. (even regulars do it)
    >
    > 3) People that smart off to someone that asks an 'on topic'
    > question.
    >
    > That covers almost everybody, doesn't it?
    >
    > Only a person that knows nothing about how MOST respond to posts
    > would ever ask an on topic question in this group. Most of the
    > people that want to save it are just as bad as the ones that want to
    > destroy it.

    I would add one final group:

    4) People who complain because their news software isn't up to the
    task of sorting through the crap. (see the Troll FAQ thread).

    Personally, I've managed to learn quite a bit here. It's a little
    rough around the edges, but tolerable.

    Jason

  4. His Majesty

    His Majesty Guest

    On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:54:15 -0700, Jason Earl <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >4) People who complain because their news software isn't up to the
    > task of sorting through the crap. (see the Troll FAQ thread).

    5) People like you who bitch.

    / ~ .\
    |\__/
    | |
    | . |
    | `.` |
    __| `` | `.` |/~~\
    / | | | `` |/~~\
    \ ` . . | |
    \ . . ` /
    \ . . /
    \ . /
    | . |
    | |
    | |

  5. pickle soup <[email protected]> wrote:

    > joanne wrote:
    > > You have to have your sound on to appreciate this light show:
    > >
    > > http://www.break.com/articles/houselights.html
    > >

    > 95% of the posts in this group are off topic. Why do you want to post
    > off topic to a newsgroup about fitness and weights? Isn't the name of
    > the group clear enough?
    >
    > There are three big problems with the people that post to this group:
    >
    > 1) Trolls.
    >
    > 2) People that post off topic. (even regulars do it)
    >
    > 3) People that smart off to someone that asks an 'on topic' question.
    >
    > That covers almost everybody, doesn't it?
    >

    > Only a person that knows nothing about how MOST respond to posts would
    > ever ask an on topic question in this group. Most of the people that
    > want to save it are just as bad as the ones that want to destroy it.

    You left out 4) People who piss and moan about the way other people
    choose to post.

  6. "pickle soup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > joanne wrote:
    > > You have to have your sound on to appreciate this light show:
    > >
    > > http://www.break.com/articles/houselights.html
    > >

    > 95% of the posts in this group are off topic. Why do you want to post
    > off topic to a newsgroup about fitness and weights? Isn't the name of
    > the group clear enough?
    >
    > There are three big problems with the people that post to this group:
    >
    > 1) Trolls.
    >
    > 2) People that post off topic. (even regulars do it)
    >
    > 3) People that smart off to someone that asks an 'on topic' question.
    >
    > That covers almost everybody, doesn't it?
    >

    > Only a person that knows nothing about how MOST respond to posts would
    > ever ask an on topic question in this group. Most of the people that
    > want to save it are just as bad as the ones that want to destroy it.

    That may be so but you must realize that everyone agrees Joanne/Joni is a
    complete idiot and her posts are best ignored (even when she tries to post
    on topic, her info is always wrong, and sometimes possibly harmful)

  7. JRH

    JRH Guest

    On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 01:47:25 GMT, [email protected] (The Queen of
    Cans and Jars) wrote:

    >pickle soup <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> joanne wrote:
    >> > You have to have your sound on to appreciate this light show:
    >> >
    >> > http://www.break.com/articles/houselights.html
    >> >

    >> 95% of the posts in this group are off topic. Why do you want to post
    >> off topic to a newsgroup about fitness and weights? Isn't the name of
    >> the group clear enough?
    >>
    >> There are three big problems with the people that post to this group:
    >>
    >> 1) Trolls.
    >>
    >> 2) People that post off topic. (even regulars do it)
    >>
    >> 3) People that smart off to someone that asks an 'on topic' question.
    >>
    >> That covers almost everybody, doesn't it?
    >>

    >> Only a person that knows nothing about how MOST respond to posts would
    >> ever ask an on topic question in this group. Most of the people that
    >> want to save it are just as bad as the ones that want to destroy it.

    >You left out 4) People who piss and moan about the way other people
    >choose to post.

    Well said Queenie!

    <standing ovation>

  8. Curt James

    Curt James Guest

    The Queen of Where and Do-you-think-you-fit? <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >pickle soup <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> 95% of the posts in this group are off topic. Why do you want to post
    >> off topic to a newsgroup about fitness and weights? Isn't the name of
    >> the group clear enough?
    >>
    >> There are three big problems with the people that post to this group:
    >>
    >> 1) Trolls.
    >>
    >> 2) People that post off topic. (even regulars do it)
    >>
    >> 3) People that smart off to someone that asks an 'on topic' question.
    >>
    >> That covers almost everybody, doesn't it?

    >You left out 4) People who piss and moan about the way other people
    >choose to post.

    And you know a lot about people who piss and moan about the way other
    people choose to post. Thank you for your authoritative addition to
    this thread.

    --
    Curt
    http://curtjames.com/

  9. 0901453765

    0901453765 Guest

    ?you need therapy? lots ....and hair replacement