OT: Lion/Hiker near miss

Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:40:20 -0500, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> Obviously, you don't really care.

>>I don't care because I won't give you a pass on unsubstantiated
>>statements...? I don't care because I insist on proof of your
>>charges...? I don't really care about your lies.

> "Lies"? You haven't found even ONE yet! (Hint: there aren't any. I
> don't need to lie, since the truth is on my side.)
>
> .. I'll give you that. And I and others
>>make sure everyone is well aware of your lies. By doing so, we allow a
>>greater cooperation between all groups without bickering over the
>>misinformation you present. That greater cooperation allows for better
>>discussions on preservasion which you obviously don't care about.

>>> The biologist who examined it agrees that it was killed by a
>>> mountain biker. There is no other possible answer.

>>Names...? Association... ? Documentation...? Background...?
>>Without it, it is still you simply saying "because I say so" which is
>>hardly acceptable.
>>While you are at it, show the conclusive process that allows this
>>"biologist" to say it was "killed" by a cyclist and not already dead
>>when a cyclist may have encountered it.

> If yiu were HONEST, which you aren't, you would find your OWN snake or
> other animal killed by a mountain biker. They must be pretty common.

>>STILL NO ANSWER on a direct point YOU MADE. YOU stated "There are
>>examples in zoological museums". So, go ahead, which examples...?
>>Which museums...? If there are examples, then it should be easy for
>>you to supply the names.

> If you were smart (or cared), you would already know that information.\

I find mikeys little responses so amusing. He can't even support his own
arguments. Quite pathetic actually

Ale Brewer wrote:

> I find mikeys little responses so amusing. He can't even support his
> own arguments. Quite pathetic actually

Almost as pathetic as re-posting 7 KB's worth of Vandedrivel {tm} just to
add your too little sense.

HTH.

BS (really)

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Ale Brewer wrote:
>
>> I find mikeys little responses so amusing. He can't even support his
>> own arguments. Quite pathetic actually

> Almost as pathetic as re-posting 7 KB's worth of Vandedrivel {tm} just to
> add your too little sense.
>
> HTH.
>
> BS (really)

Or double posting even!

"wizardB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> Ale Brewer wrote:
>>
>>> I find mikeys little responses so amusing. He can't even support his
>>> own arguments. Quite pathetic actually

>> Almost as pathetic as re-posting 7 KB's worth of Vandedrivel {tm} just to
>> add your too little sense.
>>
>> HTH.
>>
>> BS (really)

> Or double posting even!

That's more stupid than pathetic -- I should know! (Ol' Ale Brew snuck
himself into the "Reply Group" option, so my munged addy caused my server to
belch. Twice.)

Bill "hope that wasn't too techy" S.

--
No Signature. Read on.
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:18:43 GMT, "JP" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> No. Close the park permanently to humans.
>>> ===
>>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>>
>>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
>>> fond of!
>>>
>>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

> Of course. Just A LOT LESS than any mountain biker. A hiker can and
> will step over an animal on the trail. A mountain biker most likely
> will never even know it was there, and will certainly crush it. There
> are examples in zoological museums.
> ===
>
> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
> fond of!
>
> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Can you please give me an address where I may view the specimens you claim
are in zoological museums. I do not believe you have the credentials to
make such claims.

Have the specimens been peer reviewed, and judged by scientific method to
have been "ran over" as you americans say.

TJ

On 31 Jan 2007 00:18:51 -0800, "Beej" <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Jan 30, 9:50 pm, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
>> If yiu were HONEST, which you aren't, you would find your OWN snake or
>> other animal killed by a mountain biker. They must be pretty common.

>Common? What percentage of my rides do you reckon I kill snakes on,
>Mike?

More than 0.

>-Beej

===

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:29:31 -0700, "TJ" <[email protected]> wrote:

>From: "TJ" <[email protected]>
>Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
>Subject: Re: So you admit HIKERS kill the wildlife!!!!
>Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:29:31 -0700
>

>--
>No Signature. Read on.
>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:18:43 GMT, "JP" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...

>> Of course. Just A LOT LESS than any mountain biker. A hiker can and
>> will step over an animal on the trail. A mountain biker most likely
>> will never even know it was there, and will certainly crush it. There
>> are examples in zoological museums.
>> ===
>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
>> fond of!
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

>Can you please give me an address where I may view the specimens you claim
>are in zoological museums. I do not believe you have the credentials to
>make such claims.

You don't need "credentials" to see the obvious. The tags on the
snakes say "killed by a mountain biker". DUH!

>Have the specimens been peer reviewed, and judged by scientific method to
>have been "ran over" as you americans say.

Yes.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

So...

> pretty common

....is...

> More than 0.

....?

This might be taking the "liberal" label a little too far.

You'll be pleased to know that I didn't kill any snakes on my ride
today, even though two (TWO! what luck) of them bit my tire.

-Beej

On Feb 4, 8:33 pm, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
> You don't need "credentials" to see the obvious. The tags on the
> snakes say "killed by a mountain biker". DUH!

Like that means anything. I put those tags on every dead snake I
find.

-Beej

> On Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:29:31 -0700, "TJ" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>> Of course. Just A LOT LESS than any mountain biker. A hiker can and
>>> will step over an animal on the trail. A mountain biker most likely
>>> will never even know it was there, and will certainly crush it. There
>>> are examples in zoological museums.
>>> ===

>>Can you please give me an address where I may view the specimens you claim
>>are in zoological museums. I do not believe you have the credentials to
>>make such claims.

> You don't need "credentials" to see the obvious. The tags on the
> snakes say "killed by a mountain biker". DUH!
>
>>Have the specimens been peer reviewed, and judged by scientific method to
>>have been "ran over" as you americans say.

> Yes.

Who did the review or examination? Where? When? Where are the actual
documents on results?
Are you going to answer his DIRECT question? He asked you for a physical
ADDRESS to view these alleged specimens.

As have I:
**********
"Thats a laugh! You say they exist therefore it is on you to provide the
PROOF. Your statement "They must be pretty common" is an assumption based on
your OPINION. I've been riding for years and haven't come across an animal
that shows signs it was killed by a cyclist. It is rare to find a dead
animal along the trail killed by any means. You can either provide the
scientific and conclusive evidence from this biologist (a name, and facility
association as well) or you are claiming something you can not prove.
"Because you say so" is not evidence. If you were HONEST, you would have NO
DIFFICULTY providing this proof.

>>STILL NO ANSWER on a direct point YOU MADE. YOU stated "There are examples
>>in zoological museums". So, go ahead, which examples...? Which
>>museums...? If there are examples, then it should be easy for you to
>>supply the names.

> If you were smart (or cared), you would already know that information.

Sorry - my "Kreskin Skills" are limited when it comes to devining
information from morons. YOU say it is there. If you honestly thought your
statements were true, you would gladly offer real information to support
them instead of trying to sidetrack and misdirect inquiries.So.... Either
provide proof of your statements or, by not doing so, provide the proof you
are lying
That should be easy to grasp by someone with a PhD... Even if it is on fast
food preperation. "
***********************
So which is it? Definate proof with names, addresses, specimen names and
location / case / reference / number. Something TANGIBLE that can be
verified.
This should be EASY if it is actual.

Either provide real and verifiable evidence to support your statements
concerning these "animals" or, by not doing so, acknowledge you are a liar.

On 4 Feb 2007 21:00:36 -0800, "Beej" <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Feb 4, 8:33 pm, Mike Vandeman <[email protected]> wrote:
>> You don't need "credentials" to see the obvious. The tags on the
>> snakes say "killed by a mountain biker". DUH!

>Like that means anything. I put those tags on every dead snake I
>find.

They were put there by the biologist. DUH!

>-Beej

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:25:38 -0500, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...

>>>Can you please give me an address where I may view the specimens you claim
>>>are in zoological museums. I do not believe you have the credentials to
>>>make such claims.

>> You don't need "credentials" to see the obvious. The tags on the
>> snakes say "killed by a mountain biker". DUH!
>>
>>>Have the specimens been peer reviewed, and judged by scientific method to
>>>have been "ran over" as you americans say.

>> Yes.

>Who did the review or examination? Where? When? Where are the actual
>documents on results?
>Are you going to answer his DIRECT question? He asked you for a physical
>ADDRESS to view these alleged specimens.

Find them yourselves. I don't want them stolen.

>As have I:
>**********
>"Thats a laugh! You say they exist therefore it is on you to provide the
>PROOF. Your statement "They must be pretty common" is an assumption based on
>your OPINION. I've been riding for years and haven't come across an animal
>that shows signs it was killed by a cyclist. It is rare to find a dead
>animal along the trail killed by any means. You can either provide the
>scientific and conclusive evidence from this biologist (a name, and facility
>association as well) or you are claiming something you can not prove.
>"Because you say so" is not evidence. If you were HONEST, you would have NO
>DIFFICULTY providing this proof.

>>>STILL NO ANSWER on a direct point YOU MADE. YOU stated "There are examples
>>>in zoological museums". So, go ahead, which examples...? Which
>>>museums...? If there are examples, then it should be easy for you to
>>>supply the names.

>> If you were smart (or cared), you would already know that information.

>Sorry - my "Kreskin Skills" are limited when it comes to devining
>information from morons. YOU say it is there. If you honestly thought your
>statements were true, you would gladly offer real information to support
>them instead of trying to sidetrack and misdirect inquiries.So.... Either
>provide proof of your statements or, by not doing so, provide the proof you
>are lying
>That should be easy to grasp by someone with a PhD... Even if it is on fast
>food preperation. "
>***********************
>So which is it? Definate proof with names, addresses, specimen names and
>location / case / reference / number. Something TANGIBLE that can be
>verified.
>This should be EASY if it is actual.
>
>Either provide real and verifiable evidence to support your statements
>concerning these "animals" or, by not doing so, acknowledge you are a liar.
>

>> ===
>> I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to
>> humans ("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8
>> years fighting auto dependence and road construction.)
>>
>> Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
>> fond of!
>>
>> http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

>>> You don't need "credentials" to see the obvious. The tags on the
>>> snakes say "killed by a mountain biker". DUH!

>>> Yes.

>>Who did the review or examination? Where? When? Where are the actual
>>documents on results?
>>Are you going to answer his DIRECT question? He asked you for a physical
>>ADDRESS to view these alleged specimens.

> Find them yourselves. I don't want them stolen.

Thanks for the PROOF you can not back up your own statements. If you were
confident of your statements and you were honest in your mind you would have
no issue with providing verifiable information.
Since you can not, your statements of the existence of this "evidence" is a
lie until you can show otherwise.
But we all knew that.
Now, thanks to Google archiving, everybody will.

On Feb 5, 8:18 pm, "S Curtiss" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks for the PROOF you can not back up your own statements. If you were
> confident of your statements and you were honest in your mind you would have
> no issue with providing verifiable information.
> Since you can not, your statements of the existence of this "evidence" is a
> lie until you can show otherwise.
> But we all knew that.
> Now, thanks to Google archiving, everybody will.

Glad that's settled. Tom

"Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "wizardB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Bill Sornson wrote:

>>> Almost as pathetic as re-posting 7 KB's worth of Vandedrivel {tm}
>>> just to add your too little sense.
>>>
>>> HTH.
>>>
>>> BS (really)

>> Or double posting even!

> That's more stupid than pathetic

Agreed

-- I should know! (Ol' Ale Brew
> snuck himself into the "Reply Group" option, so my munged addy caused
> my server to belch. Twice.)
>
> Bill "hope that wasn't too techy" S.

> On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:25:38 -0500, "S Curtiss"
> <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>"Mike Vandeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

>>> You don't need "credentials" to see the obvious. The tags on
>>> the
>>> snakes say "killed by a mountain biker". DUH!

>>> Yes.

>>Who did the review or examination? Where? When? Where are the
>>actual
>>documents on results?
>>Are you going to answer his DIRECT question? He asked you for a
>>physical
>>ADDRESS to view these alleged specimens.

> Find them yourselves. I don't want them stolen.

Translation: Mickey has yet again been caught in his lies.

Keep up the good work exposing your stupidity mickey...

PS Bob jumped...