OT: Madonna Get's Panned!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bill Wheeler, Apr 22, 2003.

  1. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    "'American Life' ... is not only the the most wretchedly empty thing she's ever done, it's also one
    of those big-budget projects that make sense only as megastar indulgence, a cloying mess of beats
    and noise and meaningless wounded-childhood outpourings," the review said. "Among them: 'There was a
    time I had a mother. It was nice."'

    Now why in the world is someone disrespecting the Material Gurrl?

    Unbelievable, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is,
    the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    :-]

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > "'American Life' ... is not only the the most wretchedly empty thing she's ever done, it's also
    > one of those big-budget projects that make sense only as megastar indulgence, a cloying mess of
    > beats and noise and meaningless wounded-childhood outpourings," the review said. "Among them:
    > 'There was a time I had a mother. It was nice."'
    >

    > Now why in the world is someone disrespecting the Material Gurrl?
    >

    > Unbelievable, Bill

    What on earth are you talking about??
    --
    Slacker - don't make me do it

  3. Mx-Pilot

    Mx-Pilot Guest

    I thought it was funny how she put all her songs on the internet, but they

    haha so the hackers on saturday, hacked her site and put up all her new songs from the album right
    on her site.. haha

    hah when they found out what happened it was closed for 15 hours. madonna.com i think it was.

    > "'American Life' ... is not only the the most wretchedly empty thing she's ever done, it's also
    > one of those big-budget projects that make sense only as megastar indulgence, a cloying mess of
    > beats and noise and meaningless wounded-childhood outpourings," the review said. "Among them:
    > 'There was a time I had a mother. It was nice."'
    >

    > Now why in the world is someone disrespecting the Material Gurrl?
    >

    > Unbelievable, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is,
    > the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    > :-]

  4. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:31:08 -0400, Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"'American Life' ... is not only the the most wretchedly empty thing she's ever done, it's also one
    >of those big-budget projects that make sense only as megastar indulgence, a cloying mess of beats
    >and noise and meaningless wounded-childhood outpourings," the review said. "Among them: 'There was
    >a time I had a mother. It was nice."'
    >

    >Now why in the world is someone disrespecting the Material Gurrl?

    because of this maybe? http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=795&u=/eo/11656&ncid=

  5. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:38:46 -0700, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> "'American Life' ... is not only the the most wretchedly empty thing she's ever done, it's also
    >> one of those big-budget projects that make sense only as megastar indulgence, a cloying mess of
    >> beats and noise and meaningless wounded-childhood outpourings," the review said. "Among them:
    >> 'There was a time I had a mother. It was nice."'
    >>

    >> Now why in the world is someone disrespecting the Material Gurrl?
    >>

    >> Unbelievable, Bill
    >

    >What on earth are you talking about??

    Please, please bring out the Ostrich, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than