OT: Madonna Get's Panned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill Wheeler

"'American Life' ... is not only the the most wretchedly empty thing she's ever done, it's also one
of those big-budget projects that make sense only as megastar indulgence, a cloying mess of beats
and noise and meaningless wounded-childhood outpourings," the review said. "Among them: 'There was a
time I had a mother. It was nice."'

Now why in the world is someone disrespecting the Material Gurrl?

Unbelievable, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is,
the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

> "'American Life' ... is not only the the most wretchedly empty thing she's ever done, it's also
> one of those big-budget projects that make sense only as megastar indulgence, a cloying mess of
> beats and noise and meaningless wounded-childhood outpourings," the review said. "Among them:
> 'There was a time I had a mother. It was nice."'
>
>
>
> Now why in the world is someone disrespecting the Material Gurrl?
>
>
> Unbelievable, Bill

What on earth are you talking about??
--
Slacker - don't make me do it

I thought it was funny how she put all her songs on the internet, but they

haha so the hackers on saturday, hacked her site and put up all her new songs from the album right
on her site.. haha

hah when they found out what happened it was closed for 15 hours. madonna.com i think it was.

"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "'American Life' ... is not only the the most wretchedly empty thing she's ever done, it's also
> one of those big-budget projects that make sense only as megastar indulgence, a cloying mess of
> beats and noise and meaningless wounded-childhood outpourings," the review said. "Among them:
> 'There was a time I had a mother. It was nice."'
>
>
>
> Now why in the world is someone disrespecting the Material Gurrl?
>
>
> Unbelievable, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is,
> the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> :-]

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:31:08 -0400, Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:

>"'American Life' ... is not only the the most wretchedly empty thing she's ever done, it's also one
>of those big-budget projects that make sense only as megastar indulgence, a cloying mess of beats
>and noise and meaningless wounded-childhood outpourings," the review said. "Among them: 'There was
>a time I had a mother. It was nice."'
>
>
>
>Now why in the world is someone disrespecting the Material Gurrl?

because of this maybe? http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=795&u=/eo/11656&ncid=

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 20:38:46 -0700, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> "'American Life' ... is not only the the most wretchedly empty thing she's ever done, it's also
>> one of those big-budget projects that make sense only as megastar indulgence, a cloying mess of
>> beats and noise and meaningless wounded-childhood outpourings," the review said. "Among them:
>> 'There was a time I had a mother. It was nice."'
>>
>>
>>
>> Now why in the world is someone disrespecting the Material Gurrl?
>>
>>
>> Unbelievable, Bill
>
>
>What on earth are you talking about??

Please, please bring out the Ostrich, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than
as a reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of
the world.
:-]

Status
Not open for further replies.