OT: Maim a cyclist, get your hand slapped

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 12:26:44 -0800 (PST), [email protected] wrote:

>On Jan 6, 10:59 am, still just me <[email protected]> wrote:
>> http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/01/06/backpage/1_5_0812_30_46.txt

>Hand slapped? They didn't say anything about punishment because he
>hasn't been tried yet, but one count of felony vandalism carries 16-36
>months in prison.

Yawn. On a practical basis, one count of felony vandalism is still
just vandalism. It's like to throwing a brick through an expensive
window. The judge will rule in accordance with a typical vandalism
sentence. He'll get a slap.

They should have hit him with a slew of charges related to knowingly
endangering the cyclists. You could start with attempted murder, since
one of the cyclist could easily have died from head injuries as a
result of a fall from his intentional actions - actions specifically
designed to injure a cyclist.

A vandalism charge doesn't even acknowledge that he put the cyclists
in harm's way.

In article
<[email protected]>,
still just me <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 12:26:44 -0800 (PST), [email protected] wrote:
>
> >On Jan 6, 10:59 am, still just me <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/01/06/backpage/1_5_0812_30_46.txt

> >Hand slapped? They didn't say anything about punishment because he
> >hasn't been tried yet, but one count of felony vandalism carries 16-36
> >months in prison.

> Yawn. On a practical basis, one count of felony vandalism is still
> just vandalism. It's like to throwing a brick through an expensive
> window. The judge will rule in accordance with a typical vandalism
> sentence. He'll get a slap.
>
> They should have hit him with a slew of charges related to knowingly
> endangering the cyclists. You could start with attempted murder, since
> one of the cyclist could easily have died from head injuries

Fortunately he was wearing a helmet.

--
Michael Press