OT: Mark - still happy about Halliburton?

Status

Mark Hickey

Guest
Jeremy Henderson <[email protected]> wrote:

>http://edition.cnn.com/2003/BUSINESS/05/07/sprj.nitop.haliburton/

Yes, as a matter of fact I am happy that a well-known and respected government contractor got the
job (and likely they're the only one that could have handled all the myriad of details).

Of course, that didn't keep CNN from acting like this was the first no-bid government contract ever
issued - but since that will be interpreted as those who don't know better as "special treatment",
who are THEY to stand in the way of a false impression (even one they caused).

Tell ya what though - as soon as you see a credible report where Haliburton misappropriates a single
dollar of the contract, why don't you come back and try again? We might have something interesting
do discuss then. Right now, you're just falling for a partisan shill IMHO.

Stephen Baker

Guest
Mark says:

>Right now, you're just falling for a partisan shill IMHO.

I would have said he'd just tied on a Wooly Bugger and was dangling it over your head.....

Steve

Mark Hickey

Guest
[email protected] (Stephen Baker) wrote:

>Mark says:
>
>>Right now, you're just falling for a partisan shill IMHO.
>
>I would have said he'd just tied on a Wooly Bugger and was dangling it over your head.....

Naaaah, but I'd say CNN did.

Jeremy Henderso

Guest
On 8/5/03 1:34 am, in article [email protected], "Mark Hickey"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Jeremy Henderson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> http://edition.cnn.com/2003/BUSINESS/05/07/sprj.nitop.haliburton/
>
> Yes, as a matter of fact I am happy that a well-known and respected government contractor got the
> job (and likely they're the only one that could have handled all the myriad of details).

Err ... right ... one that has a record of overcharging on public contracts, and just happens to
have a direct connection to the VP.

Tell you what, wanna buy some Enron stock?

J.

Mark Hickey

Guest
Jeremy Henderson <[email protected]> wrote:

>On 8/5/03 1:34 am, in article [email protected], "Mark Hickey"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Henderson <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> http://edition.cnn.com/2003/BUSINESS/05/07/sprj.nitop.haliburton/
>>
>> Yes, as a matter of fact I am happy that a well-known and respected government contractor got the
>> job (and likely they're the only one that could have handled all the myriad of details).
>
>Err ... right ... one that has a record of overcharging on public contracts,

Tell me who they SHOULD have given the contract to then.

>and just happens to have a direct connection to the VP.

What "direct connection" would that be? Chaney long since divested himself of all stock (and gave
gobs of it to charities).

>Tell you what, wanna buy some Enron stock?

No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.