OT: mid-life crisis

Helen C Simmons

Guest
Well, my mid-life crisis is well and truly upon me ;-)

Nathan is taking me to a Green Day gig - just ordered the tickets :-D

Cheers, helen "don't want to be an American idiot" s

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:45:48 -0000, "Helen C Simmons"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Well, my mid-life crisis is well and truly upon me ;-)
>
>Nathan is taking me to a Green Day gig - just ordered the tickets :-D
>
>Cheers, helen "don't want to be an American idiot" s

I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps your
local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?

--

Call me "Bob"

"Let every man make known what kind of government would command his respect,
and that will be one step toward obtaining it"

Henry David Thoreau

Call me Bob wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:45:48 -0000, "Helen C Simmons"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Well, my mid-life crisis is well and truly upon me ;-)
>>
>> Nathan is taking me to a Green Day gig - just ordered the tickets :-D
>>
>> Cheers, helen "don't want to be an American idiot" s

> I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps your
> local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?

I was stuck in a traffic jam outside their Dublin gig the other day. It was
all cuddly teenagers in black being picked up by their middle class parents.

Would have liked to have gone, though. Especially as the person I was with
was talking with blank incomprehension about whatever this new American band
was.

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:49:47 -0000, "Ambrose Nankivell"
<$firstname+'n'@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps your
>> local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?

>I was stuck in a traffic jam outside their Dublin gig the other day. It was
>all cuddly teenagers in black being picked up by their middle class parents.

Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...

</WhenIwerealad>

--

Call me "Bob"

"Let every man make known what kind of government would command his
respect, and that will be one step toward obtaining it"

Henry David Thoreau

Call me Bob composed the following;:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:49:47 -0000, "Ambrose Nankivell"
> <$firstname+'n'@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps your
>>> local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?

>> I was stuck in a traffic jam outside their Dublin gig the other day.
>> It was all cuddly teenagers in black being picked up by their middle
>> class parents.

> Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...
>
> </WhenIwerealad>

BTDTGTTS

;)

--
Paul ...
http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php

"Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps your
> local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?

Well I've already got four, so I'll have to work out where I'm going for
another three ;-)

Cheers, helen s

"Ambrose Nankivell" <$firstname+'n'@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was stuck in a traffic jam outside their Dublin gig the other day. It
> was all cuddly teenagers in black being picked up by their middle class
> parents.
>
> Would have liked to have gone, though. Especially as the person I was with
> was talking with blank incomprehension about whatever this new American
> band was.

I'll have to dress like a cuddly middle-aged f*rt in black on the day "Goth
Mum" ;-)

Cheers, helen s

"Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...
>
> </WhenIwerealad>

Indeed - theya re very different to wheniwasalass

Cheers, helen s
..

Call me Bob wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:49:47 -0000, "Ambrose Nankivell"
> <$firstname+'n'@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>>I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps your
>>>local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?

>>I was stuck in a traffic jam outside their Dublin gig the other day. It was
>>all cuddly teenagers in black being picked up by their middle class parents.

> Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...
>
> </WhenIwerealad>

You beat me to it Bob.

Helen C Simmons wrote:
> Well, my mid-life crisis is well and truly upon me ;-)
>
> Nathan is taking me to a Green Day gig - just ordered the tickets :-D
>
> Cheers, helen "don't want to be an American idiot" s

American Idiot is nowhere near as good as Dookie IMHO.

"MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> American Idiot is nowhere near as good as Dookie IMHO.

Nathan dumped Dookie down to my hard drive and I am under instruction, "You
need to listen to that." Far be from me to ignore this, my level of kewl
depends on it. I do like Warning - great album - bought it for myself - got
some strange looks from the spotty yoof on the till in HMV in Norwich. I
did, however, stop short of buying myself a Green Day t-shirt ;-)

Cheers, helen s

in message <[email protected]>, Paul - ***
('[email protected]') wrote:

> Call me Bob composed the following;:

>>> I was stuck in a traffic jam outside their Dublin gig the other day.
>>> It was all cuddly teenagers in black being picked up by their middle
>>> class parents.

>> Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...
>>
>> </WhenIwerealad>

> BTDTGTTS

Ripped, I trust. Black, naturally. And enhanced with safety-pins for no
particularly structural reason.

;; this is not a .sig

Helen C Simmons wrote:
> "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps
> > your local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?
> >

> Well I've already got four, so I'll have to work out where I'm going
> for another three ;-)

Four? Might one enquire where?

--
Dave...

dkahn400 composed the following;:
> Helen C Simmons wrote:
>> "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps
>>> your local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?
>>>

>> Well I've already got four, so I'll have to work out where I'm going
>> for another three ;-)

> Four? Might one enquire where?

If she's anything like my wife, she'll have two in each earlobe .. ;)

--
Paul ...
http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php
(8(!) Homer Rules ... ;)
"A ****** is a ******, no matter what mode of transport they're using."

Simon Brooke composed the following;:
> in message <[email protected]>, Paul - ***
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> Call me Bob composed the following;:

>>> Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...
>>>
>>> </WhenIwerealad>

>> BTDTGTTS

> Ripped, I trust. Black, naturally. And enhanced with safety-pins for
> no particularly structural reason.

.... and never washed

--
Paul ...
http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php
(8(!) Homer Rules ... ;)
"A ****** is a ******, no matter what mode of transport they're using."

"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Simon Brooke composed the following;:
>> in message <[email protected]>, Paul - ***
>> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>>
>>> Call me Bob composed the following;:

>>> BTDTGTTS

>> Ripped, I trust. Black, naturally. And enhanced with safety-pins for
>> no particularly structural reason.

> ... and never washed

And you've still got it? Remind me not to cyle behind you. (which reminds me
of cycling behind someone I know. He really is a ponger. Unfortunately I
didn't know the route, so had to follow. It was hell.)

Paul - *** wrote:
> dkahn400 composed the following;:

> > Four? Might one enquire where?

> If she's anything like my wife, she'll have two in each earlobe .. ;)

Oh, boring. :)

--
Dave...

"Helen C Simmons" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...
> >
> > </WhenIwerealad>
> >

> Indeed - theya re very different to wheniwasalass

Sorry -- I am most confused. What the hell are you all talking about.

I remember that up and coming young Eastwood saying 'go on punk, make my
day' -- but the rest of this thread appears to be in Sanskrit.