OT: mid-life crisis

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Helen C Simmons, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. Well, my mid-life crisis is well and truly upon me ;-)

    Nathan is taking me to a Green Day gig - just ordered the tickets :-D

    Cheers, helen "don't want to be an American idiot" s

    Tags:

  2. Call me Bob

    Call me Bob Guest

    On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:45:48 -0000, "Helen C Simmons"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Well, my mid-life crisis is well and truly upon me ;-)
    >
    >Nathan is taking me to a Green Day gig - just ordered the tickets :-D
    >
    >Cheers, helen "don't want to be an American idiot" s

    I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps your
    local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?

    --

    Call me "Bob"

    "Let every man make known what kind of government would command his respect,
    and that will be one step toward obtaining it"

    Henry David Thoreau

  3. Call me Bob wrote:
    > On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:45:48 -0000, "Helen C Simmons"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Well, my mid-life crisis is well and truly upon me ;-)
    >>
    >> Nathan is taking me to a Green Day gig - just ordered the tickets :-D
    >>
    >> Cheers, helen "don't want to be an American idiot" s

    > I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps your
    > local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?

    I was stuck in a traffic jam outside their Dublin gig the other day. It was
    all cuddly teenagers in black being picked up by their middle class parents.

    Would have liked to have gone, though. Especially as the person I was with
    was talking with blank incomprehension about whatever this new American band
    was.

  4. Call me Bob

    Call me Bob Guest

    On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:49:47 -0000, "Ambrose Nankivell"
    <$firstname+'n'@gmail.com> wrote:

    >> I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps your
    >> local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?

    >I was stuck in a traffic jam outside their Dublin gig the other day. It was
    >all cuddly teenagers in black being picked up by their middle class parents.

    Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...

    </WhenIwerealad>

    --

    Call me "Bob"

    "Let every man make known what kind of government would command his
    respect, and that will be one step toward obtaining it"

    Henry David Thoreau

  5. Paul - xxx

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Call me Bob composed the following;:
    > On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:49:47 -0000, "Ambrose Nankivell"
    > <$firstname+'n'@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>> I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps your
    >>> local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?

    >> I was stuck in a traffic jam outside their Dublin gig the other day.
    >> It was all cuddly teenagers in black being picked up by their middle
    >> class parents.

    > Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...
    >
    > </WhenIwerealad>

    BTDTGTTS

    ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php

  6. "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps your
    > local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?

    Well I've already got four, so I'll have to work out where I'm going for
    another three ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

  7. "Ambrose Nankivell" <$firstname+'n'@gmail.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I was stuck in a traffic jam outside their Dublin gig the other day. It
    > was all cuddly teenagers in black being picked up by their middle class
    > parents.
    >
    > Would have liked to have gone, though. Especially as the person I was with
    > was talking with blank incomprehension about whatever this new American
    > band was.

    I'll have to dress like a cuddly middle-aged f*rt in black on the day "Goth
    Mum" ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

  8. "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...
    >
    > </WhenIwerealad>

    Indeed - theya re very different to wheniwasalass

    Cheers, helen s
    ..

  9. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Call me Bob wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:49:47 -0000, "Ambrose Nankivell"
    > <$firstname+'n'@gmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>>I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps your
    >>>local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?

    >>I was stuck in a traffic jam outside their Dublin gig the other day. It was
    >>all cuddly teenagers in black being picked up by their middle class parents.

    > Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...
    >
    > </WhenIwerealad>

    You beat me to it Bob.

  10. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Helen C Simmons wrote:
    > Well, my mid-life crisis is well and truly upon me ;-)
    >
    > Nathan is taking me to a Green Day gig - just ordered the tickets :-D
    >
    > Cheers, helen "don't want to be an American idiot" s

    American Idiot is nowhere near as good as Dookie IMHO.

  11. "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > American Idiot is nowhere near as good as Dookie IMHO.

    Nathan dumped Dookie down to my hard drive and I am under instruction, "You
    need to listen to that." Far be from me to ignore this, my level of kewl
    depends on it. I do like Warning - great album - bought it for myself - got
    some strange looks from the spotty yoof on the till in HMV in Norwich. I
    did, however, stop short of buying myself a Green Day t-shirt ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

  12. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Paul - xxx
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > Call me Bob composed the following;:

    >>> I was stuck in a traffic jam outside their Dublin gig the other day.
    >>> It was all cuddly teenagers in black being picked up by their middle
    >>> class parents.

    >> Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...
    >>
    >> </WhenIwerealad>

    > BTDTGTTS

    Ripped, I trust. Black, naturally. And enhanced with safety-pins for no
    particularly structural reason.

    ;; this is not a .sig

  13. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    Helen C Simmons wrote:
    > "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    > > I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps
    > > your local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?
    > >

    > Well I've already got four, so I'll have to work out where I'm going
    > for another three ;-)

    Four? Might one enquire where?

    --
    Dave...

  14. "dkahn400" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Four? Might one enquire where?
    >
    > --
    > Dave...

    One might, but a woman has to retain an aura of mystery ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

  15. Paul - xxx

    Paul - xxx Guest

    dkahn400 composed the following;:
    > Helen C Simmons wrote:
    >> "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>> I think there's a 7 piercing minimum at Green Day gigs. Perhaps
    >>> your local tattoo shop will do you a deal on a bulk purchase?
    >>>

    >> Well I've already got four, so I'll have to work out where I'm going
    >> for another three ;-)

    > Four? Might one enquire where?

    If she's anything like my wife, she'll have two in each earlobe .. ;)

    --
    Paul ...
    http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php
    (8(!) Homer Rules ... ;)

  16. Paul - xxx

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Simon Brooke composed the following;:
    > in message <[email protected]>, Paul - xxx
    > ('[email protected]') wrote:
    >
    >> Call me Bob composed the following;:

    >>> Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...
    >>>
    >>> </WhenIwerealad>

    >> BTDTGTTS

    > Ripped, I trust. Black, naturally. And enhanced with safety-pins for
    > no particularly structural reason.

    .... and never washed

    --
    Paul ...
    http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php
    (8(!) Homer Rules ... ;)

  17. elyob

    elyob Guest

    "Paul - xxx" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Simon Brooke composed the following;:
    >> in message <[email protected]>, Paul - xxx
    >> ('[email protected]') wrote:
    >>
    >>> Call me Bob composed the following;:

    >>> BTDTGTTS

    >> Ripped, I trust. Black, naturally. And enhanced with safety-pins for
    >> no particularly structural reason.

    > ... and never washed

    And you've still got it? Remind me not to cyle behind you. (which reminds me
    of cycling behind someone I know. He really is a ponger. Unfortunately I
    didn't know the route, so had to follow. It was hell.)

  18. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    Paul - xxx wrote:
    > dkahn400 composed the following;:

    > > Four? Might one enquire where?

    > If she's anything like my wife, she'll have two in each earlobe .. ;)

    Oh, boring. :)

    --
    Dave...

  19. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    Helen C Simmons wrote:
    > "dkahn400" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Four? Might one enquire where?

    > One might, but a woman has to retain an aura of mystery ;-)

    Ooh, less boring! :)

    --
    Dave...

  20. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "Helen C Simmons" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Aye.. punks eh? That don't make 'em like they used ta...
    > >
    > > </WhenIwerealad>
    > >

    > Indeed - theya re very different to wheniwasalass

    Sorry -- I am most confused. What the hell are you all talking about.

    I remember that up and coming young Eastwood saying 'go on punk, make my
    day' -- but the rest of this thread appears to be in Sanskrit.