OT: Mining Sale Near Crested Butte

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Shawn Curry, Apr 6, 2004.

  1. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry Guest

    http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040406-102634-
    8308r.htm Brought to you by the administration that said it
    would respect and advance local control. Not totally OT. My
    map shows the Gunsight pass trail will be affected. Haven't
    riden the area in years, so I can't say what other trails
    will suffer.

    Shawn

    Tags:

  2. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    Shawn Curry wrote:
    > http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040406-102634-
    > 8308r.htm Brought to you by the administration that said
    > it would respect and advance local control. Not totally
    > OT. My map shows the Gunsight pass trail will be affected.
    > Haven't riden the area in years, so I can't say what other
    > trails will suffer.
    >
    > Shawn

    Yeah, that really sucks. For that price I would have bought
    it had I known...

    Matt

  3. Shawn Curry says:

    >Brought to you by the administration that said it would
    >respect and advance local control.

    And you _believed_ it?!?

    Saw a bumper sticker the other day - black and white map of
    USA, with " Land oif the Free* " writted across it. At the
    bottom, was " * Some restrictions apply - void where
    prohibited "

    I suspect Rog had a hand in its fabrication, as I would
    have needed a new keyboard if I'd been sitting in front
    of one ;-)

    Steve

  4. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry Guest

    Stephen Baker wrote:

    > Shawn Curry says:
    >

    >>Brought to you by the administration that said it would
    >>respect and advance local control.
    >

    > And you _believed_ it?!?

    Not me. I voted for the geek.

    > Saw a bumper sticker the other day - black and white map
    > of USA, with " Land oif the Free* " writted across it. At
    > the bottom, was " * Some restrictions apply - void where
    > prohibited "

    Like a lot of goings on in this country. Don't know if I
    should laugh or cry.

    Shawn

  5. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry Guest

    James Calivar wrote:
    > "Shawn Curry" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]_s53...
    >
    >>http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040406-102634-
    >>8308r.htm Brought to you by the administration that said
    >>it would respect and advance local control. Not totally
    >>OT. My map shows the Gunsight pass trail will be affected.
    >>Haven't riden the area in years, so I can't say what other
    >>trails will suffer.
    >>
    >>Shawn
    >

    > look into this, and see just whose pockets are being lined
    > as a result of this.

    I think the law dates from the 1870s or something. Mining
    claims can be purchased from the federal gov. for $5/acre.
    Big mining likes this law (duh!) and lobbies heavily every
    time its challenged in Congress.

    Shawn