OT: Mr Mason, the poacher & the lady

wafflycat

Guest
Mr Mason of this parish has had his dulcet tones broadcast to the nation
once more. All about number stations on "Tracking the Lincolnshire Poacher"
Fascinating. Sadly, not on the 'listen again' facility - sort of in keeping
with the nature of a message from a number station.

--

~~

SUPPORT THE CYCLISTS DEFENCE FUND
http://www.cyclistsdefencefund.org.uk/

~~

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote

> Fascinating. Sadly, not on the 'listen again' facility - sort of in
> keeping with the nature of a message from a number station.

That's twice they've aired that. Great, innit?

"Simon Bennett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote
>
>> Fascinating. Sadly, not on the 'listen again' facility - sort of in
>> keeping with the nature of a message from a number station.

> That's twice they've aired that. Great, innit?

Indeed. Great listening.

wafflycat wrote:

>"Simon Bennett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote
>>
>>> Fascinating. Sadly, not on the 'listen again' facility - sort of in
>>> keeping with the nature of a message from a number station.

>> That's twice they've aired that. Great, innit?

>Indeed. Great listening.

It's available from Simon's website
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page485.htm

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mr Mason of this parish has had his dulcet tones broadcast to the nation
> once more. All about number stations on "Tracking the Lincolnshire
> Poacher" Fascinating. Sadly, not on the 'listen again' facility - sort of
> in keeping with the nature of a message from a number station.

Thanks for the plug H.
"Dulcet tones" in this case being an appalling 'ull accent ;-)

You can always download the show from here:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page485.htm

Could be another show on the subject on "A World in Your Ear" in the future
on Radio 4.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

news:p[email protected]...

> Thanks for the plug H.
> "Dulcet tones" in this case being an appalling 'ull accent ;-)

Most welcome. The 'ull accent is not bad!

> You can always download the show from here:
>
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page485.htm

Ta, have done so. Vernon has listened to it via this link and he too was
fascinated.

> Could be another show on the subject on "A World in Your Ear" in the
> future on Radio 4.

OOOH! Keep me updated, please!

Cheers, helen s

Simon Mason wrote:
> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Mr Mason of this parish has had his dulcet tones broadcast to the nation
> > once more. All about number stations on "Tracking the Lincolnshire
> > Poacher" Fascinating. Sadly, not on the 'listen again' facility - sort of
> > in keeping with the nature of a message from a number station.

> Thanks for the plug H.
> "Dulcet tones" in this case being an appalling 'ull accent ;-)
>
> You can always download the show from here:
>
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page485.htm
>
> Could be another show on the subject on "A World in Your Ear" in the future
> on Radio 4.

Strange you don't sound the way you type :)

Great program. I remember hitting one of those stations years ago and
my electonics/radio friend told me that had been on a long as he could
remember.

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote:
| Mr Mason of this parish has had his dulcet tones broadcast to the nation
| once more... Sadly, not on the 'listen again' facility - sort of in keeping
| with the nature of a message from a number station.

'Tis too, and it is the listen-again "Choice of the Day" for Friday,
on the front page of the Radio 4 cubbyhole-on-the-interweb. Spooky.
He's bookended between Sue Perkins and Richard Dawkins.

"Geraint Jones" <[email protected]>
> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote:
> | Mr Mason of this parish has had his dulcet tones broadcast to the
> nation
> | once more... Sadly, not on the 'listen again' facility - sort of in
> keeping
> | with the nature of a message from a number station.
>
> 'Tis too, and it is the listen-again "Choice of the Day" for Friday,
> on the front page of the Radio 4 cubbyhole-on-the-interweb. Spooky.
> He's bookended between Sue Perkins and Richard Dawkins.

Oh excellent! Twernt available when I was initially looking.