(OT) Multiple Posts

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Sorni, Feb 6, 2006.

  1. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? For example, someone
    will start a thread that generates a few replies, which also get a reply or
    three. Then a few days later my server RE-shows the original post -- still
    showing the true posting /date/, however. Some follow-ups then reappear in
    the next days, just as before.

    I'm getting this in all three groups I read, and it's happened before (but
    not for quite a long time). Just wondering if it's a Usenet thing, a server
    thing, my computer thing, or...???

    Any clues appreciated...

    Bill S.

    Tags:

  2. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    > OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? For example, someone
    > will start a thread that generates a few replies, which also get a reply
    > or three. Then a few days later my server RE-shows the original post --
    > still showing the true posting /date/, however. Some follow-ups then
    > reappear in the next days, just as before.
    >
    > I'm getting this in all three groups I read, and it's happened before (but
    > not for quite a long time). Just wondering if it's a Usenet thing, a
    > server thing, my computer thing, or...???
    >
    > Any clues appreciated...
    >
    > Bill S.

    I think it's your server. I don't seem to notice this on my systems.

  3. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Sorni wrote:
    > OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? For example, someone
    > will start a thread that generates a few replies, which also get a reply or
    > three. Then a few days later my server RE-shows the original post -- still
    > showing the true posting /date/, however. Some follow-ups then reappear in
    > the next days, just as before.
    >
    > I'm getting this in all three groups I read, and it's happened before (but
    > not for quite a long time). Just wondering if it's a Usenet thing, a server
    > thing, my computer thing, or...???
    >
    > Any clues appreciated...
    >
    > Bill S.

    Not with Giganews.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  4. Beverly

    Beverly Guest

    Sorni wrote:
    > OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? For example, someone
    > will start a thread that generates a few replies, which also get a reply or
    > three. Then a few days later my server RE-shows the original post -- still
    > showing the true posting /date/, however. Some follow-ups then reappear in
    > the next days, just as before.
    >
    > I'm getting this in all three groups I read, and it's happened before (but
    > not for quite a long time). Just wondering if it's a Usenet thing, a server
    > thing, my computer thing, or...???
    >
    > Any clues appreciated...
    >
    > Bill S.

    The same thing is happening to me on my home account - Road Runner.

  5. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Beverly wrote:
    > Sorni wrote:

    >> OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? {snip}

    > The same thing is happening to me on my home account - Road Runner.

    I'll wait to thank you (and Claire) until these posts reappear in a few days
    :)

    Bill "so I'm /not/ nuts...at least in this regard" S.

  6. small change

    small change Guest

    Sorni wrote:
    > Beverly wrote:
    >> Sorni wrote:

    >>> OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? {snip}

    >> The same thing is happening to me on my home account - Road Runner.

    > I'll wait to thank you (and Claire) until these posts reappear in a
    > few days :)
    >
    > Bill "so I'm /not/ nuts...at least in this regard" S.

    I've seen a bit of it. Newsguy here.

  7. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    Sorni wrote:
    > OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? {snip}

    OK, today I was gone all day and there was ONE new post?!?

    Bill "cue Twilight Zone theme" S.

    (This was just a test. In the event of an...)