OT My new pet

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by AngieRose, Feb 15, 2005.

  1. AngieRose

    AngieRose Guest

    Last week we got our new pet bird she's a blue and gold Macaw.
    If you would like to see her, her Pic is at the bottom of this page:

    http://www.angelfire.com/pa/AngieRose/pets.html

    Oh yeah the only pets that I have that are not on this page are my 2 doves
    and the fish.

    Angie

    Tags:

  2. Sprgtime

    Sprgtime Guest

    "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Last week we got our new pet bird she's a blue and gold Macaw.
    > If you would like to see her, her Pic is at the bottom of this page:
    >
    > http://www.angelfire.com/pa/AngieRose/pets.html
    >
    > Oh yeah the only pets that I have that are not on this page are my 2 doves
    > and the fish.

    She's very pretty. They all look nice. Yikes, you have a LOT of pets.
    That must be quite expensive.

  3. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    Hi,
    On 15-Feb-2005, "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Last week we got our new pet bird she's a blue and gold Macaw.
    > If you would like to see her, her Pic is at the bottom of this page:
    >
    > http://www.angelfire.com/pa/AngieRose/pets.html
    >
    > Oh yeah the only pets that I have that are not on this page are my 2
    > doves and the fish.

    Wow, that's a *lot* of pets! All either cute or beautiful too. :)
    How many aren't rescues? I take it the greyhound is a rescue? I've
    seen breed specific rescue organizations and the retired racing
    greyhounds have a vocal group of supporters.

    Take care,
    Carmen
    --
    Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
    Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

  4. Birds are low carb.

    Mmmmmmm, doves.

    --

    Eat less, exercise more. -- MFW

    --
    "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Last week we got our new pet bird she's a blue and gold Macaw.
    > If you would like to see her, her Pic is at the bottom of this page:
    >
    > http://www.angelfire.com/pa/AngieRose/pets.html
    >
    > Oh yeah the only pets that I have that are not on this page are my 2 doves
    > and the fish.
    >
    > Angie

  5. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    Hey,
    On 15-Feb-2005, "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > Oh yeah the only pets that I have that are not on this page are my
    > > 2 doves and the fish.

    > Birds are low carb.
    >
    > Mmmmmmm, doves.

    True, but there's more eating on a German Shepherd.

    Evil Blonde

    --
    Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
    Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

  6. "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Hey,
    > On 15-Feb-2005, "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> > Oh yeah the only pets that I have that are not on this page are my
    >> > 2 doves and the fish.

    >> Birds are low carb.
    >>
    >> Mmmmmmm, doves.

    > True, but there's more eating on a German Shepherd.

    Are you part Korean?

  7. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    On 15-Feb-2005, "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > Hey,

    > >> Birds are low carb.
    > >>
    > >> Mmmmmmm, doves.

    > > True, but there's more eating on a German Shepherd.

    > Are you part Korean?

    Nope, and Koreans probably wouldn't eat German Shepherds as kegogi.

    Shepherds just look like they wouldn't taste good.

    Evil Blonde
    --
    Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
    Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

  8. "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > On 15-Feb-2005, "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> >
    >> > Hey,

    >> > True, but there's more eating on a German Shepherd.

    >> Are you part Korean?

    > Nope, and Koreans probably wouldn't eat German Shepherds as kegogi.
    >
    > Shepherds just look like they wouldn't taste good.

    The dogs they eat are like shepherds.

  9. Carmen

    Carmen Guest

    > >> Are you part Korean?

    > > Nope, and Koreans probably wouldn't eat German Shepherds as
    > > kegogi.
    > >
    > > Shepherds just look like they wouldn't taste good.
    > >

    > The dogs they eat are like shepherds.

    In the same way that housecats and bobcats are like items. To think
    that Korean kegogi dogs look like German Shepherds you'd have to be
    Mr. Magoo.

    Evil Blonde

    --
    Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
    Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

  10. AngieRose

    AngieRose Guest

    "Sprgtime" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Last week we got our new pet bird she's a blue and gold Macaw.
    >> If you would like to see her, her Pic is at the bottom of this page:
    >>
    >> http://www.angelfire.com/pa/AngieRose/pets.html
    >>
    >> Oh yeah the only pets that I have that are not on this page are my 2
    >> doves and the fish.

    > She's very pretty. They all look nice. Yikes, you have a LOT of pets.
    > That must be quite expensive.

    Naa I work for a vet/grooming/kennel I get food for free and now that my
    greyhound and lab mix give blood we get most of the vet services for free
    they are very well taken care of spoiled brats lol

    Thank you we are very proud of her.

    Angie

  11. AngieRose

    AngieRose Guest

    "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Last week we got our new pet bird she's a blue and gold Macaw.
    >> If you would like to see her, her Pic is at the bottom of this page:
    >>
    >> http://www.angelfire.com/pa/AngieRose/pets.html
    >>
    >> Oh yeah the only pets that I have that are not on this page are my 2
    >> doves and the fish.
    >>
    >> Angie
    >>

    > How nice of you to name your new bird after my mother ;)

    Well your mother has a very pretty name. I bet your mom is fun to be around
    being she has the name of the muse of comedy...

    Angie

  12. "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >> > Nope, and Koreans probably wouldn't eat German Shepherds as
    >> > kegogi.
    >> >
    >> > Shepherds just look like they wouldn't taste good.
    >> >

    >> The dogs they eat are like shepherds.

    > In the same way that housecats and bobcats are like items. To think
    > that Korean kegogi dogs look like German Shepherds you'd have to be
    > Mr. Magoo.

    You think they look more like Chihuahuas?

  13. AngieRose

    AngieRose Guest

    "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Hi,
    > On 15-Feb-2005, "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Last week we got our new pet bird she's a blue and gold Macaw.
    >> If you would like to see her, her Pic is at the bottom of this page:
    >>
    >> http://www.angelfire.com/pa/AngieRose/pets.html
    >>
    >> Oh yeah the only pets that I have that are not on this page are my 2
    >> doves and the fish.

    > Wow, that's a *lot* of pets! All either cute or beautiful too. :)
    > How many aren't rescues? I take it the greyhound is a rescue? I've
    > seen breed specific rescue organizations and the retired racing
    > greyhounds have a vocal group of supporters.
    >
    > Take care,
    > Carmen
    > --
    > Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
    > Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

    Are you sure you want to know?

    Ducky(greyhound): He came from a rescue. He had a multiple compound fracture
    from the track his racing name was "Just Peachy" and from what I found at
    the dog track (they keep records of the dogs) He was pretty good.

    Raspberry (corgi): his first owners didn't even let him in the house then
    tried to sell him but being at the time he was a 9 month old untrained and
    unneutered dog they gave up and gave hm to my friend who got him from her
    mom, her mom didnt want him and Ducky fell in love with him so really he's
    Ducky's pet lol

    Peron (lab/pointer mix): someone found him in a field, brought him to the
    kennel I work at... We didn't think he was going to live he was so thin but
    he did and I fell in love with him.

    Mardi gras and Lynx (cats): We found them and a few others in a box at the
    front door of the Kennel their sister lives at the kennel with three other
    kennel cats and a kellel dog.

    Hemp: my sister in law took him from a house that was abusing him, giving
    him drugs and alcohol. I named him hemp because he is the color of the twine
    but I guess it fits in more then one way.

    Peace and Love (doves): The manager on the vet side gave them to me she said
    she had too many pets now that she has a baby. I always wanted doves to name
    peace and love. lol

    Belle and Nibbles(ferret): Belle's owner loved her but he worked out of town
    to much. Since I had Nibbles (from a pet store) in a cage that could fit 5
    ferrets and loved her I took her home.

    Paco (mini macaw): Much like Belle her owner loved him (she calles every now
    and then) but she got a job that she has to travel for and her son moved out
    so she asked us (the ken) to find him a new home. He fell in love with me
    (its called instant infatuation) so of course I fell in love with him. lol

    Tabatha and her sister Samantha (no longer with us): We got them at a pet
    store a LONG time ago Samantha went nuts she would freak out (her eyes would
    even glaze over) for no reason (this was before all the other pets) we gave
    her to a couple and said she had to be in a one animal home she did great
    untill they got more pets then had a baby, one day she was licking the
    baby's face and they freaked out and sent her to the shelter (they should
    have given her back) I didn't find out till a few months later (I'm still
    upset about this, very sad).

    Thalia: We got her for cost from a friend of the family/breeder.

    Angie

  14. AngieRose

    AngieRose Guest

    "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Birds are low carb.
    >
    > Mmmmmmm, doves.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Eat less, exercise more. -- MFW

    No you can't have them!!! lol

    Angie

  15. tia

    tia Guest

    heh i didnt realize animals gave blood. had i known, id have had mine doing
    it awhile ago

    --
    _____________________________
    This be Tia's SIG!!! YAY!

    "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Sprgtime" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >>> Last week we got our new pet bird she's a blue and gold Macaw.
    >>> If you would like to see her, her Pic is at the bottom of this page:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.angelfire.com/pa/AngieRose/pets.html
    >>>
    >>> Oh yeah the only pets that I have that are not on this page are my 2
    >>> doves and the fish.

    >> She's very pretty. They all look nice. Yikes, you have a LOT of pets.
    >> That must be quite expensive.
    >>

    > Naa I work for a vet/grooming/kennel I get food for free and now that my
    > greyhound and lab mix give blood we get most of the vet services for free
    > they are very well taken care of spoiled brats lol
    >
    > Thank you we are very proud of her.
    >
    > Angie

  16. AngieRose

    AngieRose Guest

    "tia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > heh i didnt realize animals gave blood. had i known, id have had mine
    > doing it awhile ago
    >
    > --
    > _____________________________
    > This be Tia's SIG!!! YAY!

    Its really a great thing and if your dog is I think 60 lbs or more he/she
    can do it.
    I know one of the vets in town gives free vacs, heart worm med and such to
    their donors and it saves other dogs lives. I can say my dogs are true
    heros. If your dog has a universal blood type (ducky does) They will want
    him/her all the more. If you do this be sure to ask around to see if the
    vets around you give deals to their donor dogs. If not its still a great
    thing to do.

    Angie

  17. tia

    tia Guest

    for the free care i would have done it ... even without the free care i
    would have. grr..... i wonder if its just something that your area does.
    ive lived in a zillion places, havent heard of it. do you know if cats can
    donate too? rofl.. my cat woulda almost met the 60lb criteria (lol just
    kidding, but damn was she fat..guess it runs in the family)

    --
    _____________________________
    This be Tia's SIG!!! YAY!

    "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "tia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> heh i didnt realize animals gave blood. had i known, id have had mine
    >> doing it awhile ago
    >>
    >> --
    >> _____________________________
    >> This be Tia's SIG!!! YAY!

    > Its really a great thing and if your dog is I think 60 lbs or more he/she
    > can do it.
    > I know one of the vets in town gives free vacs, heart worm med and such to
    > their donors and it saves other dogs lives. I can say my dogs are true
    > heros. If your dog has a universal blood type (ducky does) They will want
    > him/her all the more. If you do this be sure to ask around to see if the
    > vets around you give deals to their donor dogs. If not its still a great
    > thing to do.
    >
    > Angie

  18. AngieRose

    AngieRose Guest

    All vets need blood. Some get it from a blood bank. The first time I was
    told about it was when Ducky had surgery for the frist time with me as his
    owner the vet clinic I used at the time offered me all kinds of goodies if
    he gave, but I felt he had been through to much at that time. I think I have
    seen the kennel cats give blood before but not to often but the vet side
    also has a few cats. We have a 19lb Kennel cat so I cant say a word the vet
    clinic had a cat that was so fat he waddled they put him on a diet and made
    him exercise everyday by putting him on one side of the yard so he would
    have to walk back to the clinic. It worked quite well and now they have
    before and after pics of him above their scale. lol

    Angie

  19. "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

    > and then) but she got a job that she has to travel for and her son moved out
    > so she asked us (the ken) to find him a new home. He fell in love with me
    > (its called instant infatuation) so of course I fell in love with him. lol
    >
    > Tabatha and her sister Samantha (no longer with us): We got them at a pet
    > store a LONG time ago Samantha went nuts she would freak out (her eyes would
    > even glaze over) for no reason (this was before all the other pets) we gave
    > her to a couple and said she had to be in a one animal home she did great
    > untill they got more pets then had a baby, one day she was licking the
    > baby's face and they freaked out and sent her to the shelter (they should
    > have given her back) I didn't find out till a few months later (I'm still
    > upset about this, very sad).
    >
    > Thalia: We got her for cost from a friend of the family/breeder.

    bless your heart, Angie. thanks for loving those animals.

  20. tia

    tia Guest

    thats pretty funny about the waddling cat. i completely understand. when
    we moved into our last apartment our kitty was pretty scared about the new
    place. once i finally got her out of the kennel and put her food bowl down,
    she guarded it. she sat over it so long, she slept ontop of it! that was
    one fat, happy kitty. she will be missed. i miss you sco-kitty :(

    --
    This be Tia's SIG!!! YAY!