OT My new pet

"The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1gs1p31.1lx388r1oa1ypyN%[email protected]...
> "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> bless your heart, Angie. thanks for loving those animals.

Thank you Queen,
I don't know what I would do with out them... hmmm maybe have kids(eeek<--
that was DH). lol

Angie

"tia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> thats pretty funny about the waddling cat. i completely understand. when
> we moved into our last apartment our kitty was pretty scared about the new
> place. once i finally got her out of the kennel and put her food bowl
> down, she guarded it. she sat over it so long, she slept ontop of it!
> that was one fat, happy kitty. she will be missed. i miss you sco-kitty
> :(
>
> --

Yeah he was cute omm still is... just less of him to be cute. :eek:) I'm sorry
about your cat its so hard to lose a pet. They become such a big part of
your family.

Angie

well im not sure if she passed on, but she was a forced separation. i still
think about her a lot. its been a year and i still havent been able to get
another pet since her. i agree, she was more than family. my husband was
oftentimes jealous of how much attention she got :) kinda like you, i just
take in the strays. thats what she was, and the next one will find me too.
i just wish i had the kind of stability and financial situation to take in
as many as you ;)

--
_____________________________
This be Tia's SIG!!! YAY!

"AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>> --

> Yeah he was cute omm still is... just less of him to be cute. :eek:) I'm
> sorry about your cat its so hard to lose a pet. They become such a big
> part of your family.
>
> Angie

"tia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> well im not sure if she passed on, but she was a forced separation. i
> still think about her a lot. its been a year and i still havent been able
> to get another pet since her. i agree, she was more than family. my
> husband was oftentimes jealous of how much attention she got :) kinda
> like you, i just take in the strays. thats what she was, and the next one
> will find me too. i just wish i had the kind of stability and financial
> situation to take in as many as you ;)
>
> --

My black and white cat Mardi Gras follows me every where if I'm in the house
you will find in with in 5 Ft of me I step on him a lot in my small kitchen.
He sits in the bathroom and attacks anything that come to the door when I
take my showers and if he doesn't see me go into the bathroom he sits at the
door till I open it.

My work doesn't pay well other then supporting my pets with vet/kennel
services and food. I and all of my coworkers do this job because we love
animals. I'm sure I could find a better job but I have to be happy you know?
I was a CNA in a nursing home for 5 years got great pay, had anxiety attacks
all the time and was always tired. Now that I'm the Assistant Manager most
of the time I don't work so hard in the kennel and get to just have fun with
other peoples pets. We love these animals as much as we love our own and
both the animals and owners know this. We have cried with many owners when
they bring them in to say good bye before going to sleep.

I like to believe that Samantha found a new good home and is now sitting on
someones lap butt down eating hot wings with her paws from the table (yes
she did all of this)she also sat agenst walls and on the couch like this.
Tabatha her sister drinks by dipping her paw and licking it she would also
rather a cup then a bowl. (like I said spoiled brats)

Angie

i considered nursing for a long time and after a class i realized it wasnt
for me. i cared enough, but i just wasnt the right personality for it. i
would love to work in a vet's office, but its hard getting jobs like vet
techs and such - the ones you dont need degrees for. my calling is art,
that much i know, but while i finish up college id love to work at a job
like that part time.

--
_____________________________
This be Tia's SIG!!! YAY!

"AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "tia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> well im not sure if she passed on, but she was a forced separation. i
>> still think about her a lot. its been a year and i still havent been
>> able to get another pet since her. i agree, she was more than family.
>> my husband was oftentimes jealous of how much attention she got :) kinda
>> like you, i just take in the strays. thats what she was, and the next
>> one will find me too. i just wish i had the kind of stability and
>> financial situation to take in as many as you ;)
>>
>> --

> My black and white cat Mardi Gras follows me every where if I'm in the
> house you will find in with in 5 Ft of me I step on him a lot in my small
> kitchen. He sits in the bathroom and attacks anything that come to the
> door when I take my showers and if he doesn't see me go into the bathroom
> he sits at the door till I open it.
>
> My work doesn't pay well other then supporting my pets with vet/kennel
> services and food. I and all of my coworkers do this job because we love
> animals. I'm sure I could find a better job but I have to be happy you
> know? I was a CNA in a nursing home for 5 years got great pay, had anxiety
> attacks all the time and was always tired. Now that I'm the Assistant
> Manager most of the time I don't work so hard in the kennel and get to
> just have fun with other peoples pets. We love these animals as much as we
> love our own and both the animals and owners know this. We have cried with
> many owners when they bring them in to say good bye before going to sleep.
>
> I like to believe that Samantha found a new good home and is now sitting
> on someones lap butt down eating hot wings with her paws from the table
> (yes she did all of this)she also sat agenst walls and on the couch like
> this. Tabatha her sister drinks by dipping her paw and licking it she
> would also rather a cup then a bowl. (like I said spoiled brats)
>
> Angie

"tia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>i considered nursing for a long time and after a class i realized it wasnt
>for me. i cared enough, but i just wasnt the right personality for it. i
>would love to work in a vet's office, but its hard getting jobs like vet
>techs and such - the ones you dont need degrees for. my calling is art,
>that much i know, but while i finish up college id love to work at a job
>like that part time.

I didn't want to work on the vet side because I would never wan't to put an
animal down. Its painless and it has it's purposes but I just couldn't do
it. When one of my pets are just so sick they arent happy anymore, I'll have
the vet do it and I'll be there with my pet. But for me to administer it?
Thats not for me. Some people put pets down just because they don't want
them anymore, I don't think I can deal with that.

Oh and to spay a mom to be. We had a lady board a mom and 3 puppies she set
up a spay and 3 neuters she said after the fact that she new the female was
pregnant. I had to walk away. How can you do that? I mean its not the dogs
falt that she never had her fixed.

See I could never do the vet/vet techs job. I would be at the same place as
I was when I was a CNA. BTW I did like taking care of people its just being
under staffed all the time that got to me.

The vet I work for doesn't require his techs to be certified and to tell the
truth the techs I go to first are not.

Angie

JC Der Koenig <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> In the same way that housecats and bobcats are like items. To think
>> that Korean kegogi dogs look like German Shepherds you'd have to be
>> Mr. Magoo.

> You think they look more like Chihuahuas?

Chihuahuas are easier to fit in the oven.

--
jamie ([email protected])

"There's a seeker born every minute."

Hi,
On 15-Feb-2005, "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> >> The dogs they eat are like shepherds.

> > In the same way that housecats and bobcats are like items. To
> > think that Korean kegogi dogs look like German Shepherds you'd
> > have to
> > be Mr. Magoo.

> You think they look more like Chihuahuas?

More like shiba inus. Mid-sized dogs. One of our neighbors at Fort
Drum managed to bring one to the States, and pictures they took in the
markets were of dogs that were mostly like the one they'd brought
back. To be fair, most soldiers I've asked who knew they'd eaten
kegogi said they taste pretty good - kind of like beef.

Carmen - not particularly evil this morning
PS Teach the kids something useful today. Run a quick class on
interest rates. <G>

--
Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

"AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "nanner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Last week we got our new pet bird she's a blue and gold Macaw.
>>> If you would like to see her, her Pic is at the bottom of this page:
>>>
>>> http://www.angelfire.com/pa/AngieRose/pets.html
>>>
>>> Oh yeah the only pets that I have that are not on this page are my 2
>>> doves and the fish.
>>>
>>> Angie
>>>

>> How nice of you to name your new bird after my mother ;)
>>

> Well your mother has a very pretty name. I bet your mom is fun to be
> around being she has the name of the muse of comedy...
>
> Angie

yup. she's greek too.

"jamie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> JC Der Koenig <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> In the same way that housecats and bobcats are like items. To think
>>> that Korean kegogi dogs look like German Shepherds you'd have to be
>>> Mr. Magoo.

>> You think they look more like Chihuahuas?

> Chihuahuas are easier to fit in the oven.

A fitting end for them.

"Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
> On 15-Feb-2005, "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>> > In the same way that housecats and bobcats are like items. To
>> > think that Korean kegogi dogs look like German Shepherds you'd
>> > have to
>> > be Mr. Magoo.

>> You think they look more like Chihuahuas?

> More like shiba inus. Mid-sized dogs. One of our neighbors at Fort
> Drum managed to bring one to the States, and pictures they took in the
> markets were of dogs that were mostly like the one they'd brought
> back. To be fair, most soldiers I've asked who knew they'd eaten
> kegogi said they taste pretty good - kind of like beef.
>
> Carmen - not particularly evil this morning
> PS Teach the kids something useful today. Run a quick class on
> interest rates. <G>

We're still working on how to find an amount that is a certain percentage
less or more than a given amount.

Hi,
On 16-Feb-2005, "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> Birds are low carb.
> >>
> >> Mmmmmmm, doves.

> > No you can't have them!!! lol

> We've got them all around here, and I've got a 20 gauge.
>
> :)

Are they those hideously stupid mourning doves? Kind of pretty, but
dumb as a box of rocks. They show up on my feeder deck all the time.
Come to think of it, they are pretty plump. ;-)

Take care,
Carmen

--
Please note change in Reply To address carmensrt <at> gmail <dot> com
Hotmail isn't working and is being abandoned

"Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I take it the greyhound is a rescue? I've
> seen breed specific rescue organizations and the retired racing
> greyhounds have a vocal group of supporters.

They do! I ran into a bunch of them at Borders of all places, just before
Christmas. They were doing gift-wrapping as a fund raiser, and had brought
several dogs as kind of an informational thing. The people said that
although they love to go out for walks and runs, they are very quiet in the
house, just tend to move around wherever you are... kind of lay around at
your feet.

Sounded like my kind of dog. I live with a couple of labs now, not mine but
I care for them and have become very attached. But I could *really* do
without so much roughhousing and particularly the chewing on everything (and
these aren't puppies). I came home Monday night to find my wooden-handled
hairbrush chewed to bits, and still haven't been able to break them of
stealing automatic pencils from my desk and chewing them up. You would think
I didn't have so many nylabones, real bones, and chew toys around here I
can't walk for tripping over them.

Anyway, I fell in love with the greyhounds. When I hopefully move somewhere
with a fenced yard, I'm going to try to get a rescue greyhound. I think it'd
be a good fit, and easier on my kitties.

HG

"Hannah Gruen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> I take it the greyhound is a rescue? I've
>> seen breed specific rescue organizations and the retired racing
>> greyhounds have a vocal group of supporters.

> They do! I ran into a bunch of them at Borders of all places, just before
> Christmas. They were doing gift-wrapping as a fund raiser, and had brought
> several dogs as kind of an informational thing. The people said that
> although they love to go out for walks and runs, they are very quiet in
> the
> house, just tend to move around wherever you are... kind of lay around at
> your feet.
>
> Sounded like my kind of dog. I live with a couple of labs now, not mine
> but
> I care for them and have become very attached. But I could *really* do
> without so much roughhousing and particularly the chewing on everything
> (and
> these aren't puppies). I came home Monday night to find my wooden-handled
> hairbrush chewed to bits, and still haven't been able to break them of
> stealing automatic pencils from my desk and chewing them up. You would
> think
> I didn't have so many nylabones, real bones, and chew toys around here I
> can't walk for tripping over them.
>
> Anyway, I fell in love with the greyhounds. When I hopefully move
> somewhere
> with a fenced yard, I'm going to try to get a rescue greyhound. I think
> it'd
> be a good fit, and easier on my kitties.
>
> HG

If I didn't have two other dogs I would have more greyhounds. I love the
breed they are quiet, loving, couch potatoes that can run up to 40 MPH if
the so choose. They even make good therapy dogs. The nursing home I worked
in had 2 on my floor thats where I fell in love with them.

You do need at least a 4 ft fence.Because they are sight hounds they could
be there one second then be running after a paper cup the next. When they
are running all they see is what they are after

Greyhounds are often said to be like cats... I agree, Ducky would rather be
on a soft bed in the sun then outside playing. He would rather come to you
when he wants to be brushed and he can be picky (most of the greyhounds I
know are) Ducky gets some cream soup and lots of water in his food because
he wont eat it dry. He is scared of everything even just a door swaying in
the wind. I always say if somone breaks into my house Ducky would be showing
him where the jewelry is... Rits rover rhere (cover head with paws)

Angie

"AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "The Queen of Cans and Jars" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > "AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > bless your heart, Angie. thanks for loving those animals.

> Thank you Queen,
> I don't know what I would do with out them... hmmm maybe have kids(eeek<--
> that was DH). lol

mheh. no kids for me either, thanks.

my cat lost his tail and one (rear) leg after getting hit by a car last
year, and now that he is spending most of his time in the house instead
of outside we are even closer than we were before. like you, i don't
know what i would do without him. he is fifteen this year and i know
he's not going to live forever but for now i am just so happy to have
him still around. it cost me a small fortune and took several surgeries
to get him all fixed up, but he's as good as new (albeit slightly
lopsided) and as spunky as he ever was.

i would do anything for my pet (or pets if i had more than one) and it's
so sad that other people care so little about theirs. it always makes
me happy to know that there are folks like you out there to look out for
at least some of the ones that slip through the cracks. keep up the
good work!

She's beautiful Angie. We had a B&G, but we found him a new home when
my son was born. Didn't want to take any chances with that strong
beak, you know. I miss him so much.

Nicole

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Hannah Gruen wrote:

> "Carmen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > I take it the greyhound is a rescue? I've
> > seen breed specific rescue organizations and the retired racing
> > greyhounds have a vocal group of supporters.

> They do! I ran into a bunch of them at Borders of all places, just before
> Christmas. They were doing gift-wrapping as a fund raiser, and had brought
> several dogs as kind of an informational thing. The people said that
> although they love to go out for walks and runs, they are very quiet in the
> house, just tend to move around wherever you are... kind of lay around at
> your feet.
>

> Anyway, I fell in love with the greyhounds. When I hopefully move somewhere
> with a fenced yard, I'm going to try to get a rescue greyhound. I think it'd
> be a good fit, and easier on my kitties.

If you do, make sure you get one who has been socialized with cats.
Because of the way they're trained to chase the mechanical rabbit, I've
heard sometimes they can misunderstand the role of other small, furry pets
in the household.

Good for you for wanting to taking them. My parents seemed to attract dogs
who needed someone to give them a new start and so they usually had a pack
of around 6 at any given time (plus my father's cats <g>). I seem to have
inherited the "there's always room for one more" gene, but I've gotten
around it by moving into a co-op that doesn't allow pets.

Martha

--
Sig pending

"AngieRose" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> If I didn't have two other dogs I would have more greyhounds. I love the
> breed they are quiet, loving, couch potatoes that can run up to 40 MPH if
> the so choose. They even make good therapy dogs. The nursing home I worked
> in had 2 on my floor thats where I fell in love with them.

That sounds great. I love to walk and really like a larger dog that can keep
up. But I also prefer a dog that's not too rowdy in the house. A couch
potato is fine with me.

> You do need at least a 4 ft fence.Because they are sight hounds they could
> be there one second then be running after a paper cup the next. When they
> are running all they see is what they are after

That's why I wouldn't get one where I live now. We have a large property,
but no fences... nobody has fences. We have the labs on an electronic fence,
but those aren't so reliable for dogs that are runners... they can run right
through them and barely feel the ping from the collar. And the street is a
pretty busy one. So... I'll just have to wait till I move. Oddly, the
smaller properties in this area are usually fenced... but the larger
residential ones are not, and zoning really discourages fencing. In Calif.
everything was fenced, so this seems odd to me.

> Greyhounds are often said to be like cats... I agree, Ducky would rather

be
> on a soft bed in the sun then outside playing.

Ducky sounds so nice. I love cats too, and have three, two of them rescues.
Thanks for the greyhound info, I'm even more convinced now that one would be
a great fit for me and the furballs.

HG