OT: new arrival!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Myra Vaninwegen, Mar 18, 2003.

  1. Hello evryone!

    I am now a proud mother of a little baby girl, Ellen Rose. You can see pictures of her here:

    http://simon.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/swmpics/2003/baby/

    Her health is perfect, and her little leggies are already gaining in strength, and she occasionally
    shows them off by kicking around vigorously. She will make a fine cyclist!

    Everything is going swimmingly with me, other than the fact that I'm exceedingly tired. It's a
    combination of recovering from the operation (I had her by Cesarean section because she was a breech
    baby), getting less sleep at night, and breastfeeding, which requires alot of energy even
    considering it only as a chemical process of manufacturing milk!

    However Simon is home with me, taking very good care of us both. I simply could not have survived
    without him!

    -Myra

    Tags:

  2. Sandy Morton

    Sandy Morton Guest

  3. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On 18 Mar 2003 09:42:47 -0800, [email protected] (Myra VanInwegen) wrote:

    >I am now a proud mother of a little baby girl, Ellen Rose. You can see pictures of her here:
    >
    >http://simon.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/swmpics/2003/baby/

    Congratulations, Myra and Simon. I'm always amazed by how small infants' fingers and toes are.

    By my calculation you have about 15 years of relative peace and quiet until the troubles start ;-)

    James

    --
    A credit limit is NOT a target.

  4. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    Add my Congrats to that. James thats an interesting use of the word relative or do you mean about 15
    years before she starts nicking mums bike :)

    Stan Cox

    "James Hodson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > By my calculation you have about 15 years of relative peace and quiet until the troubles start ;-)
    >
    > James
    >
    > --
    > A credit limit is NOT a target.

  5. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    Congratulation.

    The piccies are delightful.

    Best wishes to all.

  6. On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:42:47 +0000, Myra VanInwegen did issue forth:

    > Hello evryone!
    >
    > I am now a proud mother of a little baby girl, Ellen Rose. You can see pictures of her here:

    Hello Ellen, welcome to uk.rec.cycling.

    Congratulations to both of you. I'm told the secret for the sleepless nights is to murmur "it's your
    turn" without actually waking up.

  7. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:42:17 -0000, "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Add my Congrats to that. James thats an interesting use of the word relative or do you mean about
    >15 years before she starts nicking mums bike :)

    That and other things. Being a bloke, I cannot speak from experience about wimminz hormones, but I
    have been a teenager myself, and I know how I (mis)behaved at that age. Thank goodness I wasn't my
    own mother. Poor woman.

    James

    --
    A credit limit is NOT a target.

  8. AAAAAWWWWWWW!!! She is *lovely*, Myra.

    All the best to the entire family. Life is n ot ever going to be quite the same from now on!

    Love to all, helen s

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  9. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Myra VanInwegen wrote:
    > I am now a proud mother of a little baby girl, Ellen Rose. You can see pictures of her here:
    > http://simon.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/swmpics/2003/baby/

    Congratulations, she's lovely. I see you got the picture of baby holding Mummy's finger, that's nice
    for size comparisons later.

    (Oh, and wifey says that's a nice blanket, meaning the one on the
    17/03/03 page).

    > ... getting less sleep at night,

    Wossat then? ;-)

    It does get better (for Daddy at least, Daddy learns to sleep through the screams much more easily
    than Mummy does).

    Thomas Paine

  10. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the
    keyboard of [email protected] (Myra VanInwegen) wrote:
    > Hello evryone!
    >
    > I am now a proud mother of a little baby girl, Ellen Rose. You can see pictures of her here:

    Has she been for her first ride yet?

    > Everything is going swimmingly with me, other than the fact that I'm exceedingly tired.

    If you're too tired, perhaps Simon'll have to take her cycling instead.

    Congrats!

    --
    Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
    Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)

  11. Chris French

    Chris French Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, Myra VanInwegen
    <[email protected]> writes

    >I am now a proud mother of a little baby girl, Ellen Rose
    >
    >Everything is going swimmingly with me, other than the fact that I'm exceedingly tired. It's a
    >combination of recovering from the operation (I had her by Cesarean section because she was a
    >breech baby), getting less sleep at night, and breastfeeding, which requires alot of energy even
    >considering it only as a chemical process of manufacturing milk!

    Eat chocolate !!

    A while after Elinor was born Helen started a bit of mild dieting. Elinor's weight gain started to
    slow down. We (us and the HV) decided that there was not enough fat/energy in the BM. The HV
    suggested eating chocolate.

    The HV was always welcome in our house......... :)
    --
    Chris French, Leeds

  12. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    [email protected] (Myra VanInwegen) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello evryone!
    >
    > I am now a proud mother of a little baby girl, Ellen Rose. You can see pictures of her here:
    >
    > http://simon.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/swmpics/2003/baby/
    >
    > Her health is perfect, and her little leggies are already gaining in strength, and she
    > occasionally shows them off by kicking around vigorously. She will make a fine cyclist!

    Well done Myra and good luck :) Simon Mason

  13. James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On 18 Mar 2003 09:42:47 -0800, [email protected] (Myra VanInwegen) wrote:
    >
    >>I am now a proud mother of a little baby girl, Ellen Rose. You can see pictures of her here:
    >>
    >>http://simon.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/swmpics/2003/baby/
    >>

    > Congratulations, Myra and Simon. I'm always amazed by how small infants' fingers and toes are.
    >
    > By my calculation you have about 15 years of relative peace and quiet until the troubles start ;-)

    Congratulations, too. I think, though, that 15 years is a little on the optimistic side! Although,
    15 might just be the low point, my eldest is a girl of 12 and is sinking, nay plummeting, into the
    depths of teenage puberty... And to think she bought a tear to my eye when she was born!!

    Still, 'tis just the sins of the father visited upon him by the daughter ;-)

    Trev

  14. Thus spake [email protected] (Myra VanInwegen)

    > Hello evryone!

    > I am now a proud mother of a little baby girl, Ellen Rose. You can see pictures of her here:

    > http://simon.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/swmpics/2003/baby/

    She looks LOVELY and very alert. Congratulations to you all.

    > Her health is perfect, and her little leggies are already gaining in strength, and she
    > occasionally shows them off by kicking around vigorously. She will make a fine cyclist!

    Great news!

    > Everything is going swimmingly with me, other than the fact that I'm exceedingly tired. It's a
    > combination of recovering from the operation (I had her by Cesarean section because she was a
    > breech baby), getting less sleep at night, and breastfeeding, which requires alot of energy even
    > considering it only as a chemical process of manufacturing milk!

    Maybe only 350Kcal per day now but likely to double. I rather liked the chocolate suggestion from
    the Health Visitor in Leeds!

    > However Simon is home with me, taking very good care of us both. I simply could not have survived
    > without him!

    Hurrah for that man. He seems rather fond of the little lady...

  15. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Congratulations and thanks for sharing the news and pics!

    cheers ~PB

  16. In article <[email protected]>, Trevor Barton
    <[email protected]> writes
    >James Hodson <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> On 18 Mar 2003 09:42:47 -0800, [email protected] (Myra VanInwegen) wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am now a proud mother of a little baby girl, Ellen Rose. You can see pictures of her here:
    >>>
    >>>http://simon.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/swmpics/2003/baby/
    >>>

    >> Congratulations, Myra and Simon. I'm always amazed by how small infants' fingers and toes are.
    >>
    >> By my calculation you have about 15 years of relative peace and quiet until the troubles
    >> start ;-)
    >
    >Congratulations, too. I think, though, that 15 years is a little on the optimistic side! Although,
    >15 might just be the low point, my eldest is a girl of 12 and is sinking, nay plummeting, into the
    >depths of teenage puberty... And to think she bought a tear to my eye when she was born!!

    Never fear -- she'll come out of it by the time she's thirty.
    --
    The Big Baguette

  17. Andy Welch

    Andy Welch Guest

    Cute kid.

    Congratulations to you both.

    Cheers,

    Andy

  18. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    [email protected] (Myra VanInwegen) wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Hello evryone!
    >
    > I am now a proud mother of a little baby girl, Ellen Rose. You can see pictures of her here:

    Congratulations!

    > However Simon is home with me, taking very good care of us both. I simply could not have survived
    > without him!

    I should think so to, without him you wouldn't have been in that condition
    :)

    Have (sleepless) fun!

    Graeme

  19. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    In a brief moment of lucidity Myra VanInwegen scribbled:

    > Hello evryone!
    >
    > I am now a proud mother of a little baby girl, Ellen Rose. You can see pictures of her here:
    >
    > http://simon.trinhall.cam.ac.uk/swmpics/2003/baby/
    >
    > Her health is perfect, and her little leggies are already gaining in strength, and she
    > occasionally shows them off by kicking around vigorously. She will make a fine cyclist!
    >
    > Everything is going swimmingly with me, other than the fact that I'm exceedingly tired. It's a
    > combination of recovering from the operation (I had her by Cesarean section because she was a
    > breech baby), getting less sleep at night, and breastfeeding, which requires alot of energy even
    > considering it only as a chemical process of manufacturing milk!
    >
    > However Simon is home with me, taking very good care of us both. I simply could not have survived
    > without him!
    >
    > -Myra

    Congratulations .. ;)

    --