OT new camera and projects

Penny S.

Guest
cool little stitch together feature on the new toy.

I've referred to the wall we're building a number of times. Here's most of
it.

www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg

we've hand picked all the stones locally, and watching it grow has been a lot of fun. I don't build,
but I provide a lot of support services ( cold pop and sandwiches)

the stairs are very cool.

Penny

> cool little stitch together feature on the new toy.
>
> I've referred to the wall we're building a number of times. Here's most of
> it.
>
> www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
>
> we've hand picked all the stones locally, and watching it grow has been a lot of fun. I don't
> build, but I provide a lot of support services ( cold pop and sandwiches)
>
> the stairs are very cool.
>
> Penny

So, what camera did you wind up getting?
--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
>> cool little stitch together feature on the new toy.
>>
>> I've referred to the wall we're building a number of times. Here's most of it.
>>
>> www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
>>
>> we've hand picked all the stones locally, and watching it grow has been a lot of fun. I don't
>> build, but I provide a lot of support services ( cold pop and sandwiches)
>>
>> the stairs are very cool.
>>
>> Penny
>

> So, what camera did you wind up getting?

canon A70

just sitting here right now with the dang thing

p.

> >> cool little stitch together feature on the new toy.
> >>
> >> I've referred to the wall we're building a number of times. Here's most of it.
> >>
> >> www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
> >>
> >> we've hand picked all the stones locally, and watching it grow has been a lot of fun. I don't
> >> build, but I provide a lot of support services ( cold pop and sandwiches)
> >>
> >> the stairs are very cool.
> >>
> >> Penny
> >

> > So, what camera did you wind up getting?
>
> canon A70
>
> just sitting here right now with the dang thing
>
> p.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_a70-review/index.shtml

Looks like a nice little camera.
--
Slacker

> cool little stitch together feature on the new toy.
>
> I've referred to the wall we're building a number of times. Here's most
of
> it.
>
> www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
>
> we've hand picked all the stones locally, and watching it grow has been a lot of fun. I don't
> build, but I provide a lot of support services ( cold pop and sandwiches)
>
> the stairs are very cool.
>
> Penny

That stitch feature is pretty neat. The wall is great and it'll look awesome once it's finished and
planted up.
--
Westie

> cool little stitch together feature on the new toy.
>
> I've referred to the wall we're building a number of times. Here's most
of
> it.
>
> www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
>
> we've hand picked all the stones locally, and watching it grow has been a lot of fun. I don't
> build, but I provide a lot of support services ( cold pop and sandwiches)
>
> the stairs are very cool.
>
> Penny

Looks like a nice drop over to the right. ;^)

Mike - Urban riders look at walls differently.

Wow! We want to build a similar wall with the same purpose. I saved your image as a reference.

--
- Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

Michael Dart wrote:

> "Penny S." <[email protected]>
>>www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg

> Looks like a nice drop over to the right. ;^)

I'm sure Penny has already planned out the back-yard skills course.

> Mike - Urban riders look at walls differently.

Indeed.

Zilla wrote:
> Wow! We want to build a similar wall with the same purpose. I saved your image as a reference.
>
>>> www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg

There is a wonderful book called The Art and Craft of Stonescaping :Setting and Stacking Stone by
David Reed. It's very insprirational, has excellent how-to, and best of all you don't feel like you
need to have $20K and a landscaper to accomplish some of the ideas.

We estimate that we've put 65 tons of rock into it so far. The saturday routine at our place has
been... you can go ride after you help me with a load or two of rocks. Fortunately our rock picking
site is only about 2 miles from the house and we have a trailer.

Penny

"John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Michael Dart wrote:
>
> > "Penny S." <[email protected]>
> >>www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
>
> > Looks like a nice drop over to the right. ;^)
>
> I'm sure Penny has already planned out the back-yard skills course.

Yes, I can see where the wall gets progressively taller left to right. Start small and work
to big. ;^)

Mike

John G wrote:
> Michael Dart wrote:
>
>> "Penny S." <[email protected]>
>>> www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
>
>> Looks like a nice drop over to the right. ;^)
>
> I'm sure Penny has already planned out the back-yard skills course.

I've been given permission for the stairs.

P.