OT new camera and projects

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Penny S., Apr 17, 2003.

  1. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    cool little stitch together feature on the new toy.

    I've referred to the wall we're building a number of times. Here's most of
    it.

    www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg

    we've hand picked all the stones locally, and watching it grow has been a lot of fun. I don't build,
    but I provide a lot of support services ( cold pop and sandwiches)

    the stairs are very cool.

    Penny

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > cool little stitch together feature on the new toy.
    >
    > I've referred to the wall we're building a number of times. Here's most of
    > it.
    >
    > www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
    >
    > we've hand picked all the stones locally, and watching it grow has been a lot of fun. I don't
    > build, but I provide a lot of support services ( cold pop and sandwiches)
    >
    > the stairs are very cool.
    >
    > Penny

    So, what camera did you wind up getting?
    --
    Slacker

  3. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Slacker wrote:
    >> cool little stitch together feature on the new toy.
    >>
    >> I've referred to the wall we're building a number of times. Here's most of it.
    >>
    >> www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
    >>
    >> we've hand picked all the stones locally, and watching it grow has been a lot of fun. I don't
    >> build, but I provide a lot of support services ( cold pop and sandwiches)
    >>
    >> the stairs are very cool.
    >>
    >> Penny
    >

    > So, what camera did you wind up getting?

    canon A70

    just sitting here right now with the dang thing

    p.

  4. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > >> cool little stitch together feature on the new toy.
    > >>
    > >> I've referred to the wall we're building a number of times. Here's most of it.
    > >>
    > >> www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
    > >>
    > >> we've hand picked all the stones locally, and watching it grow has been a lot of fun. I don't
    > >> build, but I provide a lot of support services ( cold pop and sandwiches)
    > >>
    > >> the stairs are very cool.
    > >>
    > >> Penny
    > >

    > > So, what camera did you wind up getting?
    >
    > canon A70
    >
    > just sitting here right now with the dang thing
    >
    > p.

    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_a70-review/index.shtml

    Looks like a nice little camera.
    --
    Slacker

  5. Westie

    Westie Guest

    > cool little stitch together feature on the new toy.
    >
    > I've referred to the wall we're building a number of times. Here's most
    of
    > it.
    >
    > www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
    >
    > we've hand picked all the stones locally, and watching it grow has been a lot of fun. I don't
    > build, but I provide a lot of support services ( cold pop and sandwiches)
    >
    > the stairs are very cool.
    >
    > Penny

    That stitch feature is pretty neat. The wall is great and it'll look awesome once it's finished and
    planted up.
    --
    Westie

  6. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > cool little stitch together feature on the new toy.
    >
    > I've referred to the wall we're building a number of times. Here's most
    of
    > it.
    >
    > www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
    >
    > we've hand picked all the stones locally, and watching it grow has been a lot of fun. I don't
    > build, but I provide a lot of support services ( cold pop and sandwiches)
    >
    > the stairs are very cool.
    >
    > Penny

    Looks like a nice drop over to the right. ;^)

    Mike - Urban riders look at walls differently.

  7. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Wow! We want to build a similar wall with the same purpose. I saved your image as a reference.

    --
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

    > cool little stitch together feature on the new toy.
    >
    > I've referred to the wall we're building a number of times. Here's most
    of
    > it.
    >
    > www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
    >
    > we've hand picked all the stones locally, and watching it grow has been a lot of fun. I don't
    > build, but I provide a lot of support services ( cold pop and sandwiches)
    >
    > the stairs are very cool.
    >
    > Penny

  8. John G

    John G Guest

    Michael Dart wrote:

    > "Penny S." <[email protected]>
    >>www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg

    > Looks like a nice drop over to the right. ;^)

    I'm sure Penny has already planned out the back-yard skills course.

    > Mike - Urban riders look at walls differently.

    Indeed.

  9. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Zilla wrote:
    > Wow! We want to build a similar wall with the same purpose. I saved your image as a reference.
    >
    >>> www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg

    There is a wonderful book called The Art and Craft of Stonescaping :Setting and Stacking Stone by
    David Reed. It's very insprirational, has excellent how-to, and best of all you don't feel like you
    need to have $20K and a landscaper to accomplish some of the ideas.

    We estimate that we've put 65 tons of rock into it so far. The saturday routine at our place has
    been... you can go ride after you help me with a load or two of rocks. Fortunately our rock picking
    site is only about 2 miles from the house and we have a trailer.

    Penny

  10. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Michael Dart wrote:
    >
    > > "Penny S." <[email protected]>
    > >>www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
    >
    > > Looks like a nice drop over to the right. ;^)
    >
    > I'm sure Penny has already planned out the back-yard skills course.

    Yes, I can see where the wall gets progressively taller left to right. Start small and work
    to big. ;^)

    Mike

  11. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    John G wrote:
    > Michael Dart wrote:
    >
    >> "Penny S." <[email protected]>
    >>> www.cet.com/~pennys/images/wallview.jpg
    >
    >> Looks like a nice drop over to the right. ;^)
    >
    > I'm sure Penny has already planned out the back-yard skills course.

    I've been given permission for the stairs.

    P.