OT: New temporary dog... :-)

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by OmManiPadmeOmelet, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. My sister and brother in law said several months ago that they wanted a
    Welsh Corgi. One 8 month old bitch became available on Austin.forsale a
    few days ago, and the description looked promising. Plus, I personally
    prefer to adopt adult dogs for a number of reasons. It basically makes
    them "rescues". <G>

    Thing is, I already have 6 dogs and don't really need another! I
    e-mailed the kids and asked them if they were interested and they gave
    me an enthusiastic "yes"!!!

    Welsh Corgi's are really cool dogs. I got her today and she is
    everything wonderful I've ever read about them. Housebroken but
    otherwise pretty much untrained, but she is "getting" things very
    quickly using a lot of petting and a few food rewards.

    Damn she is smart!

    And ohhhh such a love. A floppy, cuddly little face licker.
    She will be vetted on Monday and a spay appointment set up.

    According to her person, she was pretty much being neglected where she
    was and with her lack of training, I have to agree.

    Here's a pic of "Chelsea". The kids will be picking her up the end of
    next month so I have that long to give her basic training.

    http://tinypic.com/j0y1ig.jpg

    With her loving personality, I think she'll be ideal for the nephews and
    active enough to play with the boys. One Nephew is 3 1/2 and the other
    is a bit young yet at 8 months, but this dog is anything but aggressive!
    She even likes the cats.

    Now I just have to keep myself and the housemate from getting too
    attached to her. <G> The LAST thing I need is a 7th dog! But, she is
    really very personable and easy to love...

    Cheers!
    --
    Om.

  2. David Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > My sister and brother in law said several months ago that they wanted a
    > Welsh Corgi. One 8 month old bitch became available on Austin.forsale a
    > few days ago, and the description looked promising. Plus, I personally
    > prefer to adopt adult dogs for a number of reasons. It basically makes
    > them "rescues". <G>

    :))

    > Thing is, I already have 6 dogs and don't really need another!

    You can never have enough dogs, guns, or knives.

    > e-mailed the kids and asked them if they were interested and they gave
    > me an enthusiastic "yes"!!!

    Wow, what a surprise :)

    > Welsh Corgi's are really cool dogs. I got her today and she is
    > everything wonderful I've ever read about them. Housebroken but
    > otherwise pretty much untrained, but she is "getting" things very
    > quickly using a lot of petting and a few food rewards.
    >
    > Damn she is smart!

    Better be, to avoid being stepped on by the catle they herd.

    > And ohhhh such a love. A floppy, cuddly little face licker.
    > She will be vetted on Monday and a spay appointment set up.
    >
    > According to her person, she was pretty much being neglected where she
    > was and with her lack of training, I have to agree.
    >
    > Here's a pic of "Chelsea". The kids will be picking her up the end of
    > next month so I have that long to give her basic training.
    >
    > http://tinypic.com/j0y1ig.jpg

    Awwwww, cute!

    > With her loving personality, I think she'll be ideal for the nephews and
    > active enough to play with the boys. One Nephew is 3 1/2 and the other
    > is a bit young yet at 8 months, but this dog is anything but aggressive!
    > She even likes the cats.
    >
    > Now I just have to keep myself and the housemate from getting too
    > attached to her. <G> The LAST thing I need is a 7th dog! But, she is
    > really very personable and easy to love...

    Get her a herd of something to work. A flock of ducks or geese will do.

    David

  3. Russ

    Russ Guest

    On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:34:52 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My sister and brother in law

    Do you molest them too? No wonder they want a guard dog.

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    "David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > > My sister and brother in law said several months ago that they wanted a
    > > Welsh Corgi. One 8 month old bitch became available on Austin.forsale a
    > > few days ago, and the description looked promising. Plus, I personally
    > > prefer to adopt adult dogs for a number of reasons. It basically makes
    > > them "rescues". <G>

    > :))
    >
    > > Thing is, I already have 6 dogs and don't really need another!

    > You can never have enough dogs, guns, or knives.

    <lol> Too true....
    It's good to have a large fenced yard.

    > > e-mailed the kids and asked them if they were interested and they gave
    > > me an enthusiastic "yes"!!!

    > Wow, what a surprise :)

    ;-)

    > > Welsh Corgi's are really cool dogs. I got her today and she is
    > > everything wonderful I've ever read about them. Housebroken but
    > > otherwise pretty much untrained, but she is "getting" things very
    > > quickly using a lot of petting and a few food rewards.
    > >
    > > Damn she is smart!

    > Better be, to avoid being stepped on by the catle they herd.

    Yeah, that's what I read.
    I did not read a single negative thing about them.
    That was intereting...

    > > And ohhhh such a love. A floppy, cuddly little face licker.
    > > She will be vetted on Monday and a spay appointment set up.
    > >
    > > According to her person, she was pretty much being neglected where she
    > > was and with her lack of training, I have to agree.
    > >
    > > Here's a pic of "Chelsea". The kids will be picking her up the end of
    > > next month so I have that long to give her basic training.
    > >
    > > http://tinypic.com/j0y1ig.jpg

    > Awwwww, cute!

    Big bat ears! ;-D

    > > With her loving personality, I think she'll be ideal for the nephews and
    > > active enough to play with the boys. One Nephew is 3 1/2 and the other
    > > is a bit young yet at 8 months, but this dog is anything but aggressive!
    > > She even likes the cats.
    > >
    > > Now I just have to keep myself and the housemate from getting too
    > > attached to her. <G> The LAST thing I need is a 7th dog! But, she is
    > > really very personable and easy to love...

    > Get her a herd of something to work. A flock of ducks or geese will do.

    She seems to be most interested in sitting in my lap and cuddling...
    I'll see what she does with the ducks.

    > David

    Cheers!

    --