OT: New temporary dog... :-)

OmManiPadmeOmelet

Guest
My sister and brother in law said several months ago that they wanted a
Welsh Corgi. One 8 month old ***** became available on Austin.forsale a
few days ago, and the description looked promising. Plus, I personally
prefer to adopt adult dogs for a number of reasons. It basically makes
them "rescues". <G>

Thing is, I already have 6 dogs and don't really need another! I
e-mailed the kids and asked them if they were interested and they gave
me an enthusiastic "yes"!!!

Welsh Corgi's are really cool dogs. I got her today and she is
everything wonderful I've ever read about them. Housebroken but
otherwise pretty much untrained, but she is "getting" things very
quickly using a lot of petting and a few food rewards.

Damn she is smart!

And ohhhh such a love. A floppy, cuddly little face licker.
She will be vetted on Monday and a spay appointment set up.

According to her person, she was pretty much being neglected where she
was and with her lack of training, I have to agree.

Here's a pic of "Chelsea". The kids will be picking her up the end of
next month so I have that long to give her basic training.

http://tinypic.com/j0y1ig.jpg

With her loving personality, I think she'll be ideal for the nephews and
active enough to play with the boys. One Nephew is 3 1/2 and the other
is a bit young yet at 8 months, but this dog is anything but aggressive!
She even likes the cats.

Now I just have to keep myself and the housemate from getting too
attached to her. <G> The LAST thing I need is a 7th dog! But, she is
really very personable and easy to love...

Cheers!
--
Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-*****." -Jack Nicholson

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> My sister and brother in law said several months ago that they wanted a
> Welsh Corgi. One 8 month old ***** became available on Austin.forsale a
> few days ago, and the description looked promising. Plus, I personally
> prefer to adopt adult dogs for a number of reasons. It basically makes
> them "rescues". <G>

:))

> Thing is, I already have 6 dogs and don't really need another!

You can never have enough dogs, guns, or knives.

> e-mailed the kids and asked them if they were interested and they gave
> me an enthusiastic "yes"!!!

Wow, what a surprise :)

> Welsh Corgi's are really cool dogs. I got her today and she is
> everything wonderful I've ever read about them. Housebroken but
> otherwise pretty much untrained, but she is "getting" things very
> quickly using a lot of petting and a few food rewards.
>
> Damn she is smart!

Better be, to avoid being stepped on by the catle they herd.

> And ohhhh such a love. A floppy, cuddly little face licker.
> She will be vetted on Monday and a spay appointment set up.
>
> According to her person, she was pretty much being neglected where she
> was and with her lack of training, I have to agree.
>
> Here's a pic of "Chelsea". The kids will be picking her up the end of
> next month so I have that long to give her basic training.
>
> http://tinypic.com/j0y1ig.jpg

Awwwww, cute!

> With her loving personality, I think she'll be ideal for the nephews and
> active enough to play with the boys. One Nephew is 3 1/2 and the other
> is a bit young yet at 8 months, but this dog is anything but aggressive!
> She even likes the cats.
>
> Now I just have to keep myself and the housemate from getting too
> attached to her. <G> The LAST thing I need is a 7th dog! But, she is
> really very personable and easy to love...

Get her a herd of something to work. A flock of ducks or geese will do.

David

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:34:52 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
<[email protected]> wrote:

>My sister and brother in law

Do you molest them too? No wonder they want a guard dog.

In article <[email protected]>,
"David Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > My sister and brother in law said several months ago that they wanted a
> > Welsh Corgi. One 8 month old ***** became available on Austin.forsale a
> > few days ago, and the description looked promising. Plus, I personally
> > prefer to adopt adult dogs for a number of reasons. It basically makes
> > them "rescues". <G>

> :))
>
> > Thing is, I already have 6 dogs and don't really need another!

> You can never have enough dogs, guns, or knives.

<lol> Too true....
It's good to have a large fenced yard.

> > e-mailed the kids and asked them if they were interested and they gave
> > me an enthusiastic "yes"!!!

> Wow, what a surprise :)

;-)

> > Welsh Corgi's are really cool dogs. I got her today and she is
> > everything wonderful I've ever read about them. Housebroken but
> > otherwise pretty much untrained, but she is "getting" things very
> > quickly using a lot of petting and a few food rewards.
> >
> > Damn she is smart!

> Better be, to avoid being stepped on by the catle they herd.

Yeah, that's what I read.
I did not read a single negative thing about them.
That was intereting...

> > And ohhhh such a love. A floppy, cuddly little face licker.
> > She will be vetted on Monday and a spay appointment set up.
> >
> > According to her person, she was pretty much being neglected where she
> > was and with her lack of training, I have to agree.
> >
> > Here's a pic of "Chelsea". The kids will be picking her up the end of
> > next month so I have that long to give her basic training.
> >
> > http://tinypic.com/j0y1ig.jpg

> Awwwww, cute!

Big bat ears! ;-D

> > With her loving personality, I think she'll be ideal for the nephews and
> > active enough to play with the boys. One Nephew is 3 1/2 and the other
> > is a bit young yet at 8 months, but this dog is anything but aggressive!
> > She even likes the cats.
> >
> > Now I just have to keep myself and the housemate from getting too
> > attached to her. <G> The LAST thing I need is a 7th dog! But, she is
> > really very personable and easy to love...

> Get her a herd of something to work. A flock of ducks or geese will do.

She seems to be most interested in sitting in my lap and cuddling...
I'll see what she does with the ducks.

> David

Cheers!