General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

OT: New York Residents

Started by ms. tonya · · Last activity · 3 posts · 113 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 July 2007
Last activity
22 July 2007
Original author
ms. tonya
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
113
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Seems that we have a few in group from New York area if I remember right
    & curious if any one was near that steam pipe explosion yesterday I keep
    seeing on cable news.

    In Detroit their is a problem with people getting burn in winter from
    steam coming from those sidewalk iron grates & a few man hole lids being
    blown but nothing like what you experience Wednesday which would have
    put me on the cardiac arrest list.

  2. ms. tonya said:

    Seems that we have a few in group from New York area if I remember
    right & curious if any one was near that steam pipe explosion
    yesterday I keep seeing on cable news.

    In Naples and ROme it happens now and then. Last one was in Naples last
    year: some 30 yards of road collapsed, from side to side, sidewalks
    included.
    --
    Vilco
    Think pink, drink rose'

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Vilco said:
    ms. tonya said:

    Seems that we have a few in group from New York area if I remember
    right & curious if any one was near that steam pipe explosion
    yesterday I keep seeing on cable news.

    In Naples and ROme it happens now and then. Last one was in Naples last
    year: some 30 yards of road collapsed, from side to side, sidewalks
    included.

    Many years ago, when I was in college, I worked part time at a small
    convenience store in Northeast Philadelphia. One Sunday afternoon, a man
    pulled up in his car and parked. I think he was there to pick up his
    wife at one of the stores on the block where I was working.

    There was a utility poll at the curb in front of the store where I was
    working. Just after that man pulled up in his car, a transformer on top
    of that utility pole blew up.

    The sound of the explosion was deafening! I saw sparks shower down when
    I looked out through the window. There was no fire, but I could clearly
    see what happened after I finished ringing up a customer. The customer
    and I were both startled, but not nearly as much as the man in the car.
    He passed out. By the time I got to the curb, an ambulance was already
    coming down the street. Fortunately, there was a hospital with an
    ambulance service only a few blocks away. That poor many had a heart
    attack! I never found out what happened to him after that.

    You just never know what can happen.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.