OT: Non RR: a very "serious" limbo

Jimbo(san)

New Member
Jul 24, 2003
Sh!t rolls down hill... I swear I know it is true... We decided to move to higher ground...
Several months ago Carla had another run in with Murphy in the form of getting hit in her 6 month old car.
The upswing is... it was bad but it could have been a lot worse... The jerk blew the light and hit her at a high rate of speed... a few more inches and it might have been considerably worse...As it is she is seeing doctors and doing physio...
About a week later Murphy dropped a new little ******* on our laps in the form of a small white dog... He was wandering in the industrial park where Carla works and was in serious risk of becoming a pancake.
She brought him home and it soon became apparant that we were hopelessly in love with him... He was in bad shape and needed some help. I should have named him Murphy but he has the proud name of Gary...
Shortly after the landlord got wind of Gary he told us _NO_ dogs... We have been living there for four years... Four miserable years...
This was just one more reason to move on to higher ground.
He gave us a couple of weeks to nurse the dog back to health and find it's owner or find it a new home.
We took the time to nurse him and look for his owners.. after 3 weeks it became apparant he was abandoned long ago or abused... For a little dog he has amazing street smarts... I could could go on and on but this isn't a novel...
So after a couple of months of looking... while Carla tends to the endless physio and doctor appts and I take care of Gary we finally found a place...
A house on a hill!
It's near a big lake and not far from the prime eastern trails.
Things are looking up a bit... after we get painted and get moved in I am hopeful we can get back to biking.
I wonder if a street smart Lhasa Apso would make a good trail dog?

http://community.webshots.com/album/501853495WPahLT

Jimbo(san)

Jimbo(san) wrote:
> Sh!t rolls down hill... I swear I know it is true... We decided to move
> to higher ground...
> Several months ago Carla had another run in with Murphy in the form of
> getting hit in her 6 month old car.
> The upswing is... it was bad but it could have been a lot worse... The
> jerk blew the light and hit her at a high rate of speed... a few more
> inches and it might have been considerably worse...As it is she is
> seeing doctors and doing physio...
> About a week later Murphy dropped a new little ******* on our laps in
> the form of a small white dog... He was wandering in the industrial
> park where Carla works and was in serious risk of becoming a pancake.
> She brought him home and it soon became apparant that we were
> hopelessly in love with him... He was in bad shape and needed some
> help. I should have named him Murphy but he has the proud name of
> Gary...
> Shortly after the landlord got wind of Gary he told us _NO_ dogs... We
> have been living there for four years... Four miserable years...
> This was just one more reason to move on to higher ground.
> He gave us a couple of weeks to nurse the dog back to health and find
> it's owner or find it a new home.
> We took the time to nurse him and look for his owners.. after 3 weeks
> it became apparant he was abandoned long ago or abused... For a little
> dog he has amazing street smarts... I could could go on and on but this
> isn't a novel...
> So after a couple of months of looking... while Carla tends to the
> endless physio and doctor appts and I take care of Gary we finally
> found a place...
> A house on a hill!
> It's near a big lake and not far from the prime eastern trails.
> Things are looking up a bit... after we get painted and get moved in I
> am hopeful we can get back to biking.
> I wonder if a street smart Lhasa Apso would make a good trail dog?
>
> http://community.webshots.com/album/501853495WPahLT
>

> Jimbo(san)

Dogs are amazing animals. Even after the worst of circumstances
confront them, they still have the ability to trust and love. You did a
great thing by taking in Gary and even uprooting your own life to make
him happy. I guarantee you he will be the most loyal and loving friend
you have ever had. There is something very special about rescued dogs
(I know, I have three). They know they have a second chance.

Kudos to you and Carla!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Jimbo(san) wrote:
> Sh!t rolls down hill... I swear I know it is true... We decided to move
> to higher ground...
> Several months ago Carla had another run in with Murphy in the form of
> getting hit in her 6 month old car.
> The upswing is... it was bad but it could have been a lot worse... The
> jerk blew the light and hit her at a high rate of speed... a few more
> inches and it might have been considerably worse...As it is she is
> seeing doctors and doing physio...
> About a week later Murphy dropped a new little ******* on our laps in
> the form of a small white dog... He was wandering in the industrial
> park where Carla works and was in serious risk of becoming a pancake.
> She brought him home and it soon became apparant that we were
> hopelessly in love with him... He was in bad shape and needed some
> help. I should have named him Murphy but he has the proud name of
> Gary...
> Shortly after the landlord got wind of Gary he told us _NO_ dogs... We
> have been living there for four years... Four miserable years...
> This was just one more reason to move on to higher ground.
> He gave us a couple of weeks to nurse the dog back to health and find
> it's owner or find it a new home.
> We took the time to nurse him and look for his owners.. after 3 weeks
> it became apparant he was abandoned long ago or abused... For a little
> dog he has amazing street smarts... I could could go on and on but this
> isn't a novel...
> So after a couple of months of looking... while Carla tends to the
> endless physio and doctor appts and I take care of Gary we finally
> found a place...
> A house on a hill!
> It's near a big lake and not far from the prime eastern trails.
> Things are looking up a bit... after we get painted and get moved in I
> am hopeful we can get back to biking.
> I wonder if a street smart Lhasa Apso would make a good trail dog?
>
> http://community.webshots.com/album/501853495WPahLT
>

> Jimbo(san)

Damn that sucks about Carla getting hit again. I hope the recovery is
speedy and complete!
At least it sounds like she'll have a new little buddy to keep her
company during the recovery.

Very cool about your new pup, and he sure is cute! Good luck with that
and the new place. Maybe Murphy will take a break for a while.

Matt

"Jimbo (san)" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Sh!t rolls down hill... I swear I know it is true... We decided to move
> to higher ground...
> Several months ago Carla had another run in with Murphy in the form of
> getting hit in her 6 month old car.
> The upswing is... it was bad but it could have been a lot worse... The
> jerk blew the light and hit her at a high rate of speed... a few more
> inches and it might have been considerably worse...As it is she is
> seeing doctors and doing physio...
> About a week later Murphy dropped a new little ******* on our laps in
> the form of a small white dog... He was wandering in the industrial
> park where Carla works and was in serious risk of becoming a pancake.
> She brought him home and it soon became apparant that we were
> hopelessly in love with him... He was in bad shape and needed some
> help. I should have named him Murphy but he has the proud name of
> Gary...
> Shortly after the landlord got wind of Gary he told us _NO_ dogs... We
> have been living there for four years... Four miserable years...
> This was just one more reason to move on to higher ground.
> He gave us a couple of weeks to nurse the dog back to health and find
> it's owner or find it a new home.
> We took the time to nurse him and look for his owners.. after 3 weeks
> it became apparant he was abandoned long ago or abused... For a little
> dog he has amazing street smarts... I could could go on and on but this
> isn't a novel...
> So after a couple of months of looking... while Carla tends to the
> endless physio and doctor appts and I take care of Gary we finally
> found a place...
> A house on a hill!
> It's near a big lake and not far from the prime eastern trails.
> Things are looking up a bit... after we get painted and get moved in I
> am hopeful we can get back to biking.
> I wonder if a street smart Lhasa Apso would make a good trail dog?
>
> http://community.webshots.com/album/501853495WPahLT
>

> Jimbo(san)
>

> --
> Jimbo(san)

Congrats and extra karma points to you...Good job Mr & Mrs (san)

Dave (there's hope for us yet eh?)

MattB wrote:
> Jimbo(san) wrote:
>> Sh!t rolls down hill... I swear I know it is true... We decided to
>> move to higher ground...
>> Several months ago Carla had another run in with Murphy in the form
>> of getting hit in her 6 month old car.
>> The upswing is... it was bad but it could have been a lot worse...
>> The jerk blew the light and hit her at a high rate of speed... a few
>> more inches and it might have been considerably worse...As it is she
>> is seeing doctors and doing physio...
>> About a week later Murphy dropped a new little ******* on our laps in
>> the form of a small white dog... He was wandering in the industrial
>> park where Carla works and was in serious risk of becoming a pancake.
>> She brought him home and it soon became apparant that we were
>> hopelessly in love with him... He was in bad shape and needed some
>> help. I should have named him Murphy but he has the proud name of
>> Gary...
>> Shortly after the landlord got wind of Gary he told us _NO_ dogs...
>> We have been living there for four years... Four miserable years...
>> This was just one more reason to move on to higher ground.
>> He gave us a couple of weeks to nurse the dog back to health and find
>> it's owner or find it a new home.
>> We took the time to nurse him and look for his owners.. after 3 weeks
>> it became apparant he was abandoned long ago or abused... For a
>> little dog he has amazing street smarts... I could could go on and
>> on but this isn't a novel...
>> So after a couple of months of looking... while Carla tends to the
>> endless physio and doctor appts and I take care of Gary we finally
>> found a place...
>> A house on a hill!
>> It's near a big lake and not far from the prime eastern trails.
>> Things are looking up a bit... after we get painted and get moved in
>> I am hopeful we can get back to biking.
>> I wonder if a street smart Lhasa Apso would make a good trail dog?
>>
>> http://community.webshots.com/album/501853495WPahLT

> Damn that sucks about Carla getting hit again. I hope the recovery is
> speedy and complete!

I think (HOPE!) it was just the one accident; Jim was recounting it, is all.
(Right? One really bad accident is /plenty/.)

> At least it sounds like she'll have a new little buddy to keep her
> company during the recovery.
>
> Very cool about your new pup, and he sure is cute! Good luck with that
> and the new place. Maybe Murphy will take a break for a while.

With that dog's cute face, things MUST be looking up! :)

Thanks for sharing a wonderful.../tail/, Jim! Very cool (san).

Bill S.

Jimbo (san) wrote:we finally
> found a place...
> A house on a hill!
> It's near a big lake and not far from the prime eastern trails.
> Things are looking up a bit... after we get painted and get moved in I
> am hopeful we can get back to biking.
> I wonder if a street smart Lhasa Apso would make a good trail dog?
>
> http://community.webshots.com/album/501853495WPahLT
>

> Jimbo(san)

1. I was waiting for you to say you were moving to Idaho! and
2. you can mount a little basket on the handlebars....

~p.

Jimbo(san) wrote:

> So after a couple of months of looking... while Carla tends to the
> endless physio and doctor appts and I take care of Gary we finally
> found a place...
> A house on a hill!
> It's near a big lake and not far from the prime eastern trails.
> Things are looking up a bit... after we get painted and get moved in I
> am hopeful we can get back to biking.
> I wonder if a street smart Lhasa Apso would make a good trail dog?
>
> http://community.webshots.com/album/501853495WPahLT

That gremlin picture is too funny. He may make a good trail dog but
he's going to have to run like hell to keep up.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

<Sorni
> Damn that sucks about Carla getting hit again. I hope the recovery is
> speedy and complete![/color]

I think (HOPE!) it was just the one accident; Jim was recounting it, is all.
(Right? One really bad accident is /plenty/.)
Bill S.>

It was one accident for her...
I had a three car accident on the parkway here a week later but I got out without any damage... The guy who was the third in line (I was the first..had his car mushed)...
I got rear ended a few days later _again_ and got out unscathed! I was sitting at a light... the third guy in that one got a wrecked car and a cracked cranium...
Can you tell that New York drivers are insane?

Jimbo(san)

<small change

1. I was waiting for you to say you were moving to Idaho! and
2. you can mount a little basket on the handlebars....

~p.>

We are renting...
We both feel that buying means we are staying here...
Idaho is where we would both love to land.

I never thought of a basket :)
I can see him in a white basket on the front of my SS wearing a pair of goggles and a white scarf :p

<G.T
That gremlin picture is too funny. He may make a good trail dog but
he's going to have to run like hell to keep up.

Greg>

That pathetic expression wasn't rehearsed... and he stayed still while I snapped the picture.

J(san)

"Jimbo (san)" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Sh!t rolls down hill... I swear I know it is true... We decided to move
> to higher ground...
> Several months ago Carla had another run in with Murphy in the form of
> getting hit in her 6 month old car.
> The upswing is... it was bad but it could have been a lot worse... The
> jerk blew the light and hit her at a high rate of speed... a few more
> inches and it might have been considerably worse...As it is she is
> seeing doctors and doing physio...
> About a week later Murphy dropped a new little ******* on our laps in
> the form of a small white dog... He was wandering in the industrial
> park where Carla works and was in serious risk of becoming a pancake.
> She brought him home and it soon became apparant that we were
> hopelessly in love with him... He was in bad shape and needed some
> help. I should have named him Murphy but he has the proud name of
> Gary...
> Shortly after the landlord got wind of Gary he told us _NO_ dogs... We
> have been living there for four years... Four miserable years...
> This was just one more reason to move on to higher ground.
> He gave us a couple of weeks to nurse the dog back to health and find
> it's owner or find it a new home.
> We took the time to nurse him and look for his owners.. after 3 weeks
> it became apparant he was abandoned long ago or abused... For a little
> dog he has amazing street smarts... I could could go on and on but this
> isn't a novel...
> So after a couple of months of looking... while Carla tends to the
> endless physio and doctor appts and I take care of Gary we finally
> found a place...
> A house on a hill!
> It's near a big lake and not far from the prime eastern trails.
> Things are looking up a bit... after we get painted and get moved in I
> am hopeful we can get back to biking.
> I wonder if a street smart Lhasa Apso would make a good trail dog?
>
> http://community.webshots.com/album/501853495WPahLT
>

> Jimbo(san)

Wow, Jimbo, that's quite a story. Happy for the little one to join the
family, and your new place. Sometimes it works that way, when you think a
door is being shut, ie,. get out-no dogs allowed, a better one opens--the
new house near the trails. Hope and pray Carla heals up quick. And that
she gets a huge settlement from the doof who hit her!

CB

> That gremlin picture is too funny. He may make a good trail dog but
> he's going to have to run like hell to keep up.

You should see him run, he's like a furry little greyhound, fast as the
wind!

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> > Damn that sucks about Carla getting hit again. I hope the recovery is
> > speedy and complete!

> I think (HOPE!) it was just the one accident; Jim was recounting it, is

all.
> (Right? One really bad accident is /plenty/.)

It was only 1 accident, but a very painful one...several herniated discs in
my neck that will be there for the rest of my life, and very serious case of
whiplash and shoulder injury. At least Murphy was nice enough not to kill
me...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"small change" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> 1. I was waiting for you to say you were moving to Idaho! and

I wish. That's why we haven't bought a house in NY. We aren't looking to
stay...

> 2. you can mount a little basket on the handlebars....

LOL

- Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Wow, Jimbo, that's quite a story. Happy for the little one to join the
> family, and your new place. Sometimes it works that way, when you think a
> door is being shut, ie,. get out-no dogs allowed, a better one opens--the
> new house near the trails. Hope and pray Carla heals up quick. And that
> she gets a huge settlement from the doof who hit her!
>
> CB

Thanks Chris, I'm doing my best to heal. Maybe Gary can meet Tinkerbell one
day...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Jimbo(san) wrote:
> <small change
>
> 1. I was waiting for you to say you were moving to Idaho! and
> 2. you can mount a little basket on the handlebars....
>
> ~p.>
>
> We are renting...
> We both feel that buying means we are staying here...
> Idaho is where we would both love to land.
>
> I never thought of a basket :)
> I can see him in a white basket on the front of my SS wearing a pair of
> goggles and a white scarf :p

Hey, it can't be any worse than a local guy here...a jack russel terrier
wearing doggles (dog goggles) in each sidebag of his harley davidson (in
the summer, of course).

Psycho Mike

Carla A-G wrote:
> "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Wow, Jimbo, that's quite a story. Happy for the little one to join the
> > family, and your new place. Sometimes it works that way, when you think a
> > door is being shut, ie,. get out-no dogs allowed, a better one opens--the
> > new house near the trails. Hope and pray Carla heals up quick. And that
> > she gets a huge settlement from the doof who hit her!
> >
> > CB

> Thanks Chris, I'm doing my best to heal. Maybe Gary can meet Tinkerbell one
> day...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

We really oughta plan something fun for this summer, if possible.

Last summer's amb-id was kind of anti-climactic, for me anyway. I'd
just gotten back to Idaho from a 20yr anniversary trip, so in packing
quick for Sun Valley I forgot my tent and slept outdoors, and it was
*cold*, had to leave early to meet my kids coming back into the
country, but the highlights were two really great trails, meeting
Geedub's family, the whole camping experience, and Gary's $35lb kona
java. Also kinda fun tooling around the mtns with Penny, Gab and Gary
packed into the bench seat of the Sports Utility Beater.

Let's stay in touch about what might be possible. Gary needs to meet
Tinker Belle.

CDB

Paladin wrote:
> Carla A-G wrote:
>> "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> Wow, Jimbo, that's quite a story. Happy for the little one to join the
>>> family, and your new place. Sometimes it works that way, when you think a
>>> door is being shut, ie,. get out-no dogs allowed, a better one opens--the
>>> new house near the trails. Hope and pray Carla heals up quick. And that
>>> she gets a huge settlement from the doof who hit her!
>>>
>>> CB

>> Thanks Chris, I'm doing my best to heal. Maybe Gary can meet Tinkerbell one
>> day...
>>
>> - CA-G
>>
>> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> We really oughta plan something fun for this summer, if possible.
>
> Last summer's amb-id was kind of anti-climactic, for me anyway. I'd
> just gotten back to Idaho from a 20yr anniversary trip, so in packing
> quick for Sun Valley I forgot my tent and slept outdoors, and it was
> *cold*, had to leave early to meet my kids coming back into the
> country, but the highlights were two really great trails, meeting
> Geedub's family, the whole camping experience, and Gary's $35lb kona
> java. Also kinda fun tooling around the mtns with Penny, Gab and Gary
> packed into the bench seat of the Sports Utility Beater.
>
> Let's stay in touch about what might be possible. Gary needs to meet
> Tinker Belle.
>
> CDB

I'm sorry I missed getting to your campsite last year. I'm going to
Oregon in August (thanks to Chippy) or I'd plan an ID trip. Who knows
though, I may be somewhere new by then (things are happening).

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Jimbo(san) wrote:
> <small change
>
> 1. I was waiting for you to say you were moving to Idaho! and
> 2. you can mount a little basket on the handlebars....
>
> ~p.>
>
> We are renting...
> We both feel that buying means we are staying here...
> Idaho is where we would both love to land.
>
> I never thought of a basket :)
> I can see him in a white basket on the front of my SS wearing a pair of
> goggles and a white scarf :p

Black scarf, make him look even tougher. :)

Shawn

I wonder how Gee Dub feels about you naming the dog after him. He was
kinda doggin' me after breaking his collarbone.

JD