OT: Nostalgia, 60s, 70s, 80s

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Andy, Jul 25, 2005.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Tags:

  2. For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

  3. For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

  4. For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

  5. For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

  6. For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

  7. For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

  8. For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

  9. For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

  10. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

    Curiously, now in my later years, people will routinely ask me questions
    about liking old movies, from silent type to black and white, ask me if I
    remember events that happened around the turn of the century up to the time
    I was barely alive, ask about my experience living through the depression,
    etc. Lots of people have no concept of decades, I've noticed; nor history.
    I'm not nostalgic for much (except 50's music) and love the present --
    Dee Dee

  11. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

    Curiously, now in my later years, people will routinely ask me questions
    about liking old movies, from silent type to black and white, ask me if I
    remember events that happened around the turn of the century up to the time
    I was barely alive, ask about my experience living through the depression,
    etc. Lots of people have no concept of decades, I've noticed; nor history.
    I'm not nostalgic for much (except 50's music) and love the present --
    Dee Dee

  12. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

    Curiously, now in my later years, people will routinely ask me questions
    about liking old movies, from silent type to black and white, ask me if I
    remember events that happened around the turn of the century up to the time
    I was barely alive, ask about my experience living through the depression,
    etc. Lots of people have no concept of decades, I've noticed; nor history.
    I'm not nostalgic for much (except 50's music) and love the present --
    Dee Dee

  13. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

    Curiously, now in my later years, people will routinely ask me questions
    about liking old movies, from silent type to black and white, ask me if I
    remember events that happened around the turn of the century up to the time
    I was barely alive, ask about my experience living through the depression,
    etc. Lots of people have no concept of decades, I've noticed; nor history.
    I'm not nostalgic for much (except 50's music) and love the present --
    Dee Dee

  14. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

    Curiously, now in my later years, people will routinely ask me questions
    about liking old movies, from silent type to black and white, ask me if I
    remember events that happened around the turn of the century up to the time
    I was barely alive, ask about my experience living through the depression,
    etc. Lots of people have no concept of decades, I've noticed; nor history.
    I'm not nostalgic for much (except 50's music) and love the present --
    Dee Dee

  15. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

    Curiously, now in my later years, people will routinely ask me questions
    about liking old movies, from silent type to black and white, ask me if I
    remember events that happened around the turn of the century up to the time
    I was barely alive, ask about my experience living through the depression,
    etc. Lots of people have no concept of decades, I've noticed; nor history.
    I'm not nostalgic for much (except 50's music) and love the present --
    Dee Dee

  16. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

    Curiously, now in my later years, people will routinely ask me questions
    about liking old movies, from silent type to black and white, ask me if I
    remember events that happened around the turn of the century up to the time
    I was barely alive, ask about my experience living through the depression,
    etc. Lots of people have no concept of decades, I've noticed; nor history.
    I'm not nostalgic for much (except 50's music) and love the present --
    Dee Dee

  17. Dee Randall

    Dee Randall Guest

    "Margaret Suran" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

    Curiously, now in my later years, people will routinely ask me questions
    about liking old movies, from silent type to black and white, ask me if I
    remember events that happened around the turn of the century up to the time
    I was barely alive, ask about my experience living through the depression,
    etc. Lots of people have no concept of decades, I've noticed; nor history.
    I'm not nostalgic for much (except 50's music) and love the present --
    Dee Dee

  18. "Andy" <Q> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > http://www.nostalgiacentral.com/index.htm
    >
    > Why should I just waste MY time?!
    >
    > :D
    >
    > Andy

    I had a dose last Saturday. Every Saturday night there is a "Cruise" night
    in town of usually older cars and there are different clubs that
    participate. One of the last cars I saw was identical to my first car, a
    '53 Merc Monterey, yellow with black top.

    As I was looking it over and remembering a few things, they started playing
    one of the songs my girlfriend (now wife of 39 years) used to sing for me.
    Oh, the memories.