OT: Nostalgia, 60s, 70s, 80s

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:00:34 -0400, Dee Randall wrote:

> I'm not nostalgic for much <snip> and love the present --

I second that thought.

On Mon 25 Jul 2005 05:42:26p, Margaret Suran wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

I was born in the mid-40s. My parents were married in 1937. All of my
family held an intense interest for almost everything beginning when my
maternal grandparents were married in 1912. I was "well-schooled" in family
history, music, film, food, etc., from that period on. I find myself feeling
nostalgic for things from times that even predate my birth, but I seem to
focus on a period from the late-40s thru the early 70s. Everthing since then
seems to be too recent to be nostalgic about. For some reason, 1970 seems
like yesterday. :) Most of the time I'm very content with the present and
thoughts of the future.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0530-0, 07/25/2005
Tested on: 7/25/2005 9:53:53 PM

> [...]

> For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

I was born in the mid-40s. My parents were married in 1937. All of my
family held an intense interest for almost everything beginning when my
maternal grandparents were married in 1912. I was "well-schooled" in family
history, music, film, food, etc., from that period on. I find myself feeling
nostalgic for things from times that even predate my birth, but I seem to
focus on a period from the late-40s thru the early 70s. Everthing since then
seems to be too recent to be nostalgic about. For some reason, 1970 seems
like yesterday. :) Most of the time I'm very content with the present and
thoughts of the future.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0530-0, 07/25/2005

"Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Mon 25 Jul 2005 05:42:26p, Margaret Suran wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

> I was born in the mid-40s. My parents were married in 1937. All of my
> family held an intense interest for almost everything beginning when my
> maternal grandparents were married in 1912. I was "well-schooled" in
> family
> history, music, film, food, etc., from that period on.

>I find myself feeling
> nostalgic for things from times that even predate my birth...

Wayne you were very fortunate to have this upbringing. It took me years of
larnin' on my own to appreciate these things. One's knowledge of history
does enhance the interest of things 'before 1912." Your parents must've
been wonderful.
Dee Dee

On Tue 26 Jul 2005 06:51:33a, Dee Randall wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Mon 25 Jul 2005 05:42:26p, Margaret Suran wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

>> I was born in the mid-40s. My parents were married in 1937. All of my
>> family held an intense interest for almost everything beginning when my
>> maternal grandparents were married in 1912. I was "well-schooled" in
>> family history, music, film, food, etc., from that period on.

>>I find myself feeling
>> nostalgic for things from times that even predate my birth...

> Wayne you were very fortunate to have this upbringing. It took me years
> of larnin' on my own to appreciate these things. One's knowledge of
> history does enhance the interest of things 'before 1912." Your parents
> must've been wonderful.
> Dee Dee

Yes, Dee, I was very fortunate to have really great parents. I couldn't have
asked for better. I was also lucky to hear a lot verbal history from my
grandparents and my great grandmother who was a young child during the Civil
War and lived until I was around 14 years old. My family has its roots in
Alabama and Mississippi

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974