OT: Nostalgia, 60s, 70s, 80s

On Tue 26 Jul 2005 06:51:33a, Dee Randall wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Mon 25 Jul 2005 05:42:26p, Margaret Suran wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> For me, "Nostalgia" would mean the 30s, 40s and 50s.

>> I was born in the mid-40s. My parents were married in 1937. All of my
>> family held an intense interest for almost everything beginning when my
>> maternal grandparents were married in 1912. I was "well-schooled" in
>> family history, music, film, food, etc., from that period on.

>>I find myself feeling
>> nostalgic for things from times that even predate my birth...

> Wayne you were very fortunate to have this upbringing. It took me years
> of larnin' on my own to appreciate these things. One's knowledge of
> history does enhance the interest of things 'before 1912." Your parents
> must've been wonderful.
> Dee Dee

Yes, Dee, I was very fortunate to have really great parents. I couldn't have
asked for better. I was also lucky to hear a lot verbal history from my
grandparents and my great grandmother who was a young child during the Civil
War and lived until I was around 14 years old. My family has its roots in
Alabama and Mississippi

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974