OT: Obama photo causes huge stir

On Jun 11, 12:55 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Ron Ruff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > I can remember the days when you needed to put down 20%, and
> > your payments could not exceed 30% of your gross.

> By all means explain how that could possibly work in an area where a home
> costs $600,000 for THE AVERAGE HOME.

Come on, Tom! If those rules were still in effect, those homes prices
wouldn't be inflated to $600,000 on average. It's elementary supply
and demand theory.

- Frank Krygowski

"Frank Krygowski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Jun 11, 12:55 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>> "Ron Ruff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> > I can remember the days when you needed to put down 20%, and
>> > your payments could not exceed 30% of your gross.

>> By all means explain how that could possibly work in an area where a home
>> costs $600,000 for THE AVERAGE HOME.

> Come on, Tom! If those rules were still in effect, those homes prices
> wouldn't be inflated to $600,000 on average. It's elementary supply
> and demand theory.

That was my point Frank. Everyone wants to own their own home. And when the
prices for houses went above $350K it wasn't possible for the AVERAGE worker
to put together a 20% downpayment. Something had to give and what gave was
that lending institutions started requiring 10% DP and started pushing all
sorts of paper to make the incomes of the parties involved look high enough
to afford a home.

And let's be truthful about this - this was a boon for 95% of new home
buyers who are now homeowners and are still making house payments.

On Jun 11, 12:02 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Frank Krygowski" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > BTW, I watch very little TV, but I try to never miss David Letterman's
> > "Great Moments in Presidential Speeches." It 'stars" George W. Bush,
> > with actual footage of bumbling, inarticulate, nonsensical speech.
> > It's invariably hilarious.

> The scary part about Obama is that he isn't bumbling - he is a complete and
> utter puppet of someone and when he isn't reading speeches he demonstrates
> that he is really stupid and not simply inarticulate.

Are you saying that Obama is the Dem version of Ronnie Raygun? ;-)

In article <[email protected]>,
"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "Ron Ruff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > ??? He is a puppet of... Muslims?!

> If you're not going to be serious there's no point in discussing it.
> Obama plainly doesn't have the intelligence himself to be a
> President. And the people he hangs around with aren't trustworthy of
> themselves. What's more, he obviously likes to distort or even
> blatantly lie about his past. Mind you, that's not an uncommon trait,
> but not acceptable in Presidents unless there are some serious
> interest involved.

So it's acceptable in George W. Bush and **** Cheney?

"Tim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
>> "Ron Ruff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >
>> > ??? He is a puppet of... Muslims?!

>> If you're not going to be serious there's no point in discussing it.
>> Obama plainly doesn't have the intelligence himself to be a
>> President. And the people he hangs around with aren't trustworthy of
>> themselves. What's more, he obviously likes to distort or even
>> blatantly lie about his past. Mind you, that's not an uncommon trait,
>> but not acceptable in Presidents unless there are some serious
>> interest involved.

> So it's acceptable in George W. Bush and **** Cheney?

Hey, I'm judging Obama by his own words in public. By all means explain to
us what you know about **** Cheney.

In article
<7195742d-d359-494e-8d91-1ce7277d8dc6@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
Ron Ruff <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jun 10, 7:34 pm, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > SMS wrote:
> > > Undoing eight years of W is going to be a daunting task for
> > > whoever gets elected.

> > Yeah, no attacks in nearly 8 years

> This is hilarious! Where do you get this stuff?
>
> Nearly 7 years I guess... but how many years did we go before that
> without any attacks?

Hey, man, the War of Terror is like tiger repellant I just bought. I
look around, no tigers, stuff must work great! The War of Terror and
the Trillion Dollar Tax Cut and unbridled irresponsible pork barrel
spending 2000-2006 resulting in expansion of the national debt to
$9,413,165,479,470.23 was worth it. We're safe as houses now.

You gonna write George a check for the $30,948.32 that's your part of
the national debt?

http://www.lafn.org/gvdc/Natl_Debt_Chart.html

http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.htm

"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Are you saying that Obama is the Dem version of Ronnie Raygun?

My guess is that McCain vs. Obama will be very close MOSTLY because people
will vote for the opposite candidate in order to prevent their own stupid
candidate from getting into office.

If Obama gets into office I fully intend to remind you of the stuff you
wrote here after he has shown his stripes.

"Tim McNamara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article
> <7195742d-d359-494e-8d91-1ce7277d8dc6@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
> Ron Ruff <[email protected]> wrote:

>> > Yeah, no attacks in nearly 8 years

>> This is hilarious! Where do you get this stuff?
>>
>> Nearly 7 years I guess... but how many years did we go before that
>> without any attacks?

> Hey, man, the War of Terror is like tiger repellant I just bought. I
> look around, no tigers, stuff must work great! The War of Terror and
> the Trillion Dollar Tax Cut and unbridled irresponsible pork barrel
> spending 2000-2006 resulting in expansion of the national debt to
> $9,413,165,479,470.23 was worth it. We're safe as houses now.

http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101020812/story.html
"Berger attended only one of the briefings-the session that dealt with the
threat posed to the U.S. by international terrorism, and especially by
al-Qaeda. "I'm coming to this briefing," he says he told Rice, "to
underscore how important I think this subject is." Later, alone in his
office with Rice, Berger says he told her, "I believe that the Bush
Administration will spend more time on terrorism generally, and on al-Qaeda
specifically, than any other subject."

http://www.9-11commission.gov/staff_statements/911_TerrFin_Ch6.pdf
"Contrary to a common misconception, the FBI did not ignore terrorist
financing before 9/11. The intelligence side of the FBI gathered extensive
information on terrorist fundraising in the United States, although the
Bureau lacked any strategy for disrupting the activity. In various field
offices around the country, street agents actively investigated groups and
individuals, including GRF and BIF, suspected of raising funds for al Qaeda
or other extremist groups. Working in the face of many obstacles, including
what agents believed to be a dysfunctional FISA (Foreign Intelligence
Surveillance Act) process, these agents aggressively gathered information
and tried to coordinate with other field offices, the intelligence
community, and even foreign governments."

By all means tell me - do you want an all-powerful government capable of
virtually anything? Or do you want one relatively tightly controlled but one
that has a great deal of trouble responding to new dangers?

Tom Kunich wrote:

> ... But I think that the real thing here is just
> throwing a good natured dig at Obama who looks a real nerd in that
> photo.

Careful, Tom! That might cause a HUGE STIR!!! ROTFL

Tom Kunich wrote:
> That was my point Frank. Everyone wants to own their own home. And when the
> prices for houses went above $350K it wasn't possible for the AVERAGE worker
> to put together a 20% downpayment. Something had to give and what gave was
> that lending institutions started requiring 10% DP and started pushing all
> sorts of paper to make the incomes of the parties involved look high enough
> to afford a home.
>
> And let's be truthful about this - this was a boon for 95% of new home
> buyers who are now homeowners and are still making house payments.

Stop the insanity! Do you really think that lending institutions did
this as some kind of *service* to the common man?! Prices for
realestate only go up because people are *able* to get a loan for
it... and they are only able to get a loan because lending
institutions are extremely lax at determining whether or not they can
pay it back... and the lending institutions are lax because they know
they will suffer no loss if the buyer can't pay. Basically it is
fraud... people should be going to jail. The taxpayers pay instead
(more deficit spending). A few people get really rich. This is
deregulated finance for you...

Let's be truthful... there has been an insane debt/borrowing frenzy
lately, that has been the *only* reason why our economy didn't tank
years ago. Now we are screwed. We would have been much better off it
it had never happened. A lot more of those "new homebuyers" will stop
making payments... just wait a little while...

On Jun 11, 4:43 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> By all means tell me - do you want an all-powerful government capable of
> virtually anything? Or do you want one relatively tightly controlled but one
> that has a great deal of trouble responding to new dangers?

It is a stupid question... as though it is one or the other. What we
have now is a government that lies, steals, and screws the public in
the rear... involves our country in foreign wars... for what reason
again?... and totally drops the ball when we were attacked on 9/11.
I'll take pretty much anything over that.

On Jun 11, 3:10 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> If you're not going to be serious there's no point in discussing it. Obama
> plainly doesn't have the intelligence himself to be a President.

Come on Tom... I'll put Obama's IQ up against any any pres in recent
history... and I'd wager it's at least 50 points above Ws.

> And the
> people he hangs around with aren't trustworthy of themselves. What's more,
> he obviously likes to distort or even blatantly lie about his past.

Just the real facts man... not the BS you hear on right wing rant
shows...

Bill Sornson wrote:

> "HUGE STIR" -- let's just say you imagined and/or hyped it and leave it at
> that.
>
> HTH! BS

Don't blame me for being ahead of the curve.

http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2008/06/11/obama-rides-a-bike-you-dont-have-to-stare/
"If McCain gets elected we'll ALL be riding bikes because we won't be
able to afford gas." ...

http://www.huliq.com/61589/obama-rides-his-bike-chicago-coolness-plummets
Something tells me he hasn’t had many opportunities to be a regular
citizen, doing every day things. He’s just out of practice and isn’t
likely to hone those skills any time soon. Does this look like the next
leader of the free world to you?

http://www.queerty.com/obama-loses-tabloid-vote-20080611/
If there’s one thing in which Us Weekly shouldn’t be involved, it’s
politics.

So, naturally, the magazine has decided to judge the candidates based on
their fashion — because the state of the country doesn’t matter if
Barack Obama and John McCain aren’t looking good.

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2008/6/10/2338/57493/travel/Cycling+Travel:+Obama+Scorns+Your+Spandex
We chuckled when the site Barack Obama Is Your New Bicycle poked fun at
the Democratic senator's ascribed powers. But fashionistas found the
presumptive presidential candidate's choice of attire for riding a bike
this weekend downright bizarre. What? No one wants to see a politician
in bike shorts.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200806100003?f=h_latest
Fox's Griff Jenkins on Obama bike ride: "Where is he going? ... [M]aybe
to get a pocket protector for his nerd pencils"

Barack Obama taking a bicycle ride: "Where is he going? And I was
thinking, maybe to get a pocket protector for his nerd pencils. What is
that?"

http://laist.com/2008/06/09/obama_rides_a_b.php
Obama Rides a Bike, McCain Calls for 'Gas Tax Holiday'

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/09/politics/politico/main4162787.shtml
To understand the stylistic gulf between Barack Obama and John McCain,
first consider their cultural references. . . .

And Obama can sometimes look less than hip, touting a traditional home
life centered on children’s activities like sleepovers, bicycle rides
and dance recitals.

Google for more.
How many quotes do I have to give you before you are satisfied.

> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> That was my point Frank. Everyone wants to own their own home. And when
>> the
>> prices for houses went above $350K it wasn't possible for the AVERAGE
>> worker
>> to put together a 20% downpayment. Something had to give and what gave
>> was
>> that lending institutions started requiring 10% DP and started pushing
>> all
>> sorts of paper to make the incomes of the parties involved look high
>> enough
>> to afford a home.
>>
>> And let's be truthful about this - this was a boon for 95% of new home
>> buyers who are now homeowners and are still making house payments.

> Stop the insanity! Do you really think that lending institutions did
> this as some kind of *service* to the common man?!

Look, if you don't understand "capitalism" then why are you living here? Why
don't you move to Cuba where some jackass can tell someone else what he will
and won't make.

Here's the bottom line - the BUYERS wanted that service whether or not it
worked for all of them or not. The fact is that it worked for the
overwhelming majority and there are a lot of families living in houses right
now that couldn't have owned a house but for that "service".

What's more, they ALL profited from it save some small percentage of buyers
in the last two years.

I'm not saying that there aren't problems and that regulations don't need to
be strengthened. But the fact remains that the system works in almost all
cases. We've got to work to exclude the exceptions.

> Let's be truthful... there has been an insane debt/borrowing frenzy
> lately, that has been the *only* reason why our economy didn't tank
> years ago. Now we are screwed. We would have been much better off it
> it had never happened. A lot more of those "new homebuyers" will stop
> making payments... just wait a little while...

Why do I have the idea that you own nothing?

Bill Sornson wrote:
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>
>> ... But I think that the real thing here is just
>> throwing a good natured dig at Obama who looks a real nerd in that
>> photo.

> Careful, Tom! That might cause a HUGE STIR!!! ROTFL

Don't blame me for being ahead of the curve.

http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2008/06/11/obama-rides-a-bike-you-dont-have-to-stare/
"If McCain gets elected we'll ALL be riding bikes because we won't be
able to afford gas." ...

http://www.huliq.com/61589/obama-rides-his-bike-chicago-coolness-plummets
Something tells me he hasn’t had many opportunities to be a regular
citizen, doing every day things. He’s just out of practice and isn’t
likely to hone those skills any time soon. Does this look like the next
leader of the free world to you?

http://www.queerty.com/obama-loses-tabloid-vote-20080611/
If there’s one thing in which Us Weekly shouldn’t be involved, it’s
politics.

So, naturally, the magazine has decided to judge the candidates based on
their fashion — because the state of the country doesn’t matter if
Barack Obama and John McCain aren’t looking good.

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2008/6/10/2338/57493/travel/Cycling+Travel:+Obama+Scorns+Your+Spandex
We chuckled when the site Barack Obama Is Your New Bicycle poked fun at
the Democratic senator's ascribed powers. But fashionistas found the
presumptive presidential candidate's choice of attire for riding a bike
this weekend downright bizarre. What? No one wants to see a politician
in bike shorts.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200806100003?f=h_latest
Fox's Griff Jenkins on Obama bike ride: "Where is he going? ... [M]aybe
to get a pocket protector for his nerd pencils"

Barack Obama taking a bicycle ride: "Where is he going? And I was
thinking, maybe to get a pocket protector for his nerd pencils. What is
that?"

http://laist.com/2008/06/09/obama_rides_a_b.php
Obama Rides a Bike, McCain Calls for 'Gas Tax Holiday'

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/09/politics/politico/main4162787.shtml
To understand the stylistic gulf between Barack Obama and John McCain,
first consider their cultural references. . . .

And Obama can sometimes look less than hip, touting a traditional home
life centered on children’s activities like sleepovers, bicycle rides
and dance recitals.

Google for more.
How many quotes do I have to give you before you are satisfied?

"Eric Vey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>

>> Hey, I'm judging Obama by his own words in public. By all means explain
>> to us what you know about **** Cheney.

> I have a better idea. Why don't you tell us what you know about Cheney?
> What do you think he meant when he said the war was in it's last throes?

You know better?

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Are you saying that Obama is the Dem version of Ronnie Raygun?

> My guess is that McCain vs. Obama will be very close MOSTLY because
> people will vote for the opposite candidate in order to prevent their
> own stupid candidate from getting into office.
>
> If Obama gets into office I fully intend to remind you of the stuff you
> wrote here after he has shown his stripes.

Why don't you be honest for a change? It will be close because all the
ex-Wallace voters joined the Republican party.

On Jun 11, 5:27 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...

<on Kunichs assertion that Obama is a puppet and a bumbling
incompetent>

> > Are you saying that Obama is the Dem version of Ronnie Raygun?

<snip>

> If Obama gets into office I fully intend to remind you of the stuff you
> wrote here after he has shown his stripes.

Be sure to let me know if Obama:

*falls asleep in staff meetings and cabinet meetings

*runs the deficit through the roof

*can't tell the difference between an ex-president and a ball player

*allows his wife to hire astrologers to help shape policy

*presides over a constitution-bending escapade in the fashion of "Iran-
Contra"

Eric Vey wrote:
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> "Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in
>> message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> Are you saying that Obama is the Dem version of Ronnie Raygun?

>> My guess is that McCain vs. Obama will be very close MOSTLY because
>> people will vote for the opposite candidate in order to prevent their
>> own stupid candidate from getting into office.
>>
>> If Obama gets into office I fully intend to remind you of the stuff
>> you wrote here after he has shown his stripes.
>>

> Why don't you be honest for a change? It will be close because all the
> ex-Wallace voters joined the Republican party.

You mean like Robert "KKK" Byrd? Or maybe Clinton's politcal mentor (and
leading Segregationist), J. William Fulbright? (Just Google "The Southern
Manifesto" if this is shocking news to you.) Or Confederate apologist Jim
Webb?

AFAIK, none of these bigots has turned Republican.

HTH (BKIW)