OT: Obituary: TDF

On Jul 26, 11:06 pm, Slack <[email protected]> wrote:
> I think this is the first time I can say that I'm proud to be part French:
>
> http://www.liberation.fr/actualite/evenement/evenement1/269125.FR.php
>
> All I have to add is, Lance is a frig'n timing genius!
> --
> Slack - long over due

Gotta love Google's page translator:

"Death-alive. At four days of final, the Turn has nothing any more
but one obsession: to rejoin Paris by tightening the buttocks. Not
easy. The race does not have any more a smell. That which gains is
suspect. No human activity can function on the presumption of
culpability. The Turn is death-alive. It advances with catheters which
trail by ground. In its wake, drops of blood. Even not sure that it is
it his. The Turn is a chief of work in danger whose government is
worried: it affirmed its "very clear support yesterday". Only Super-
Sarko can save it. After the Bulgarian nurses, the dispach riders with
the drift."

Disappointments aside, I think that this has been a very watchable and
exciting Tour.

/s

Scott Gordo wrote:
> On Jul 26, 11:06 pm, Slack <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I think this is the first time I can say that I'm proud to be part French:
>>
>> http://www.liberation.fr/actualite/evenement/evenement1/269125.FR.php
>>
>> All I have to add is, Lance is a frig'n timing genius!
>> --
>> Slack - long over due

> Gotta love Google's page translator:
>
> "Death-alive. At four days of final, the Turn has nothing any more
> but one obsession: to rejoin Paris by tightening the buttocks. Not
> easy. The race does not have any more a smell. That which gains is
> suspect. No human activity can function on the presumption of
> culpability. The Turn is death-alive. It advances with catheters which
> trail by ground. In its wake, drops of blood. Even not sure that it is
> it his. The Turn is a chief of work in danger whose government is
> worried: it affirmed its "very clear support yesterday". Only Super-
> Sarko can save it. After the Bulgarian nurses, the dispach riders with
> the drift."

Now that is classic. The race does not have any more smell because
they've all tightened their buttocks!

> Disappointments aside, I think that this has been a very watchable and
> exciting Tour.

Yes, but I'm still ****** so watched only one day.

Greg

--
The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky

On Jul 27, 1:17 pm, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
> > On Jul 26, 11:06 pm, Slack <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> I think this is the first time I can say that I'm proud to be part French:

> >>http://www.liberation.fr/actualite/evenement/evenement1/269125.FR.php

> >> All I have to add is, Lance is a frig'n timing genius!
> >> --
> >> Slack - long over due

> > Gotta love Google's page translator:

> > "Death-alive. At four days of final, the Turn has nothing any more
> > but one obsession: to rejoin Paris by tightening the buttocks. Not
> > easy. The race does not have any more a smell. That which gains is
> > suspect. No human activity can function on the presumption of
> > culpability. The Turn is death-alive. It advances with catheters which
> > trail by ground. In its wake, drops of blood. Even not sure that it is
> > it his. The Turn is a chief of work in danger whose government is
> > worried: it affirmed its "very clear support yesterday". Only Super-
> > Sarko can save it. After the Bulgarian nurses, the dispach riders with
> > the drift."

> Now that is classic. The race does not have any more smell because
> they've all tightened their buttocks!
>
> > Disappointments aside, I think that this has been a very watchable and
> > exciting Tour.

> Yes, but I'm still ****** so watched only one day.
>
> Greg
>
> --
> The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html
>
> Dethink to survive - Mclusky- Hide quoted text -

Are you watching tomo's time trial? I sure as hell am. (Although for
me it starts at a more reasonable 8:30EST.)

Between Contador, Cadel, and Leipheimer, it's hard to dislike any of
them. WIth that said, go Cadel!

/s

Scott Gordo wrote:
> On Jul 27, 1:17 pm, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Scott Gordo wrote:
>>> Gotta love Google's page translator:
>>> "Death-alive. At four days of final, the Turn has nothing any more
>>> but one obsession: to rejoin Paris by tightening the buttocks. Not
>>> easy. The race does not have any more a smell. That which gains is
>>> suspect. No human activity can function on the presumption of
>>> culpability. The Turn is death-alive. It advances with catheters which
>>> trail by ground. In its wake, drops of blood. Even not sure that it is
>>> it his. The Turn is a chief of work in danger whose government is
>>> worried: it affirmed its "very clear support yesterday". Only Super-
>>> Sarko can save it. After the Bulgarian nurses, the dispach riders with
>>> the drift."

>> Now that is classic. The race does not have any more smell because
>> they've all tightened their buttocks!
>>
>>> Disappointments aside, I think that this has been a very watchable and
>>> exciting Tour.

>> Yes, but I'm still ****** so watched only one day.
>>
>> Greg
>>
>> --
>> The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html
>>
>> Dethink to survive - Mclusky- Hide quoted text -

> Are you watching tomo's time trial? I sure as hell am. (Although for
> me it starts at a more reasonable 8:30EST.)
>
> Between Contador, Cadel, and Leipheimer, it's hard to dislike any of
> them. WIth that said, go Cadel!

I have to leave the house before Contador and Cadel are finishing so I'm
going to have to watch the replay later. I think Levi is out unless
Evans and Contador are kicked out.

Slow ride at the beach tomorrow morning.

"Ridin' on the beaches, lookin' at the peaches."

Greg
--

On Jul 27, 3:56 pm, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
> >> Now that is classic. The race does not have any more smell because
> >> they've all tightened their buttocks!

> >> Yes, but I'm still ****** so watched only one day.

> >> Greg

> >> --
> >> The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

> >> Dethink to survive - Mclusky- Hide quoted text -

> > Are you watching tomo's time trial? I sure as hell am. (Although for
> > me it starts at a more reasonable 8:30EST.)

> > Between Contador, Cadel, and Leipheimer, it's hard to dislike any of
> > them. WIth that said, go Cadel!

> I have to leave the house before Contador and Cadel are finishing so I'm
> going to have to watch the replay later. I think Levi is out unless
> Evans and Contador are kicked out.
>
> Slow ride at the beach tomorrow morning.
>
> "Ridin' on the beaches, lookin' at the peaches."
>
> Greg
> --
> The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html
>
> Dethink to survive - Mclusky- Hide quoted text -

Beach ride, eh? Hmm... maybe I'll try and get a ride in as well....

"Chewin' out the rhythm with my bubblegum,
Sun is out and I want some...."

/s

"Scott Gordo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Are you watching tomo's time trial? I sure as hell am. (Although for
> me it starts at a more reasonable 8:30EST.)
>
> Between Contador, Cadel, and Leipheimer, it's hard to dislike any of
> them. WIth that said, go Cadel!

I'll be cheering for Cadel myself. I used to MTB with him back in High
School so it's great to see a local boy doing so well. A friend who still
talks to him after each stage says he is very confident about Saturdays time
trial.
As another friend said from the pain on his face in the mountains 'If he is
on drugs, they're the wrong ones'...

Scott Gordo wrote:

> WIth that said, go Cadel!

Too bloody right! Go you good thing!!

Parbs

Obituary? Not bloody likely. The race is winning.

On Fridays race you could almost feel the cycling spirit coming thru the screen.
The crowds for the TT today were even greater than ever and what a win.

Cant wait for Sundays slog round the Paris streets, its just gotta be the best
last days racing for years.

So chapeau to the TdeF from me.

I've only got one wish today
- That the Vuelta and Giro say NOW, in advance, that they will also boot out
the cheats, dopers and liars from their races too.
I'd also like to hear the UCI saying that too with some conviction, for the races
they control, but its not likely just yet.

Mike
back to the knobbly tires and the great outdoors on Monday

On Jul 28, 1:07 pm, dardruba <[email protected]> wrote:
> Obituary? Not bloody likely. The race is winning.
>
> On Fridays race you could almost feel the cycling spirit coming thru the screen.
> The crowds for the TT today were even greater than ever and what a win.
>
> Cant wait for Sundays slog round the Paris streets, its just gotta be the best
> last days racing for years.
>
> So chapeau to the TdeF from me.
>
> I've only got one wish today
> - That the Vuelta and Giro say NOW, in advance, that they will also boot out
> the cheats, dopers and liars from their races too.
> I'd also like to hear the UCI saying that too with some conviction, for the races
> they control, but its not likely just yet.
>
> Mike
> back to the knobbly tires and the great outdoors on Monday

I'm sure I'm not the first to say it, but Contador was a little too
far, Levi too close, and Discovery too strong in general for Cadel to
make a race of it on the last day. Would have been exciting, but
unrealistic. Overall, a good, dramatic Tour. Leipheimer vs. Evans in
'08 should be very compelling stuff.

/s

Scott Gordo wrote:
> On Jul 28, 1:07 pm, dardruba <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Obituary? Not bloody likely. The race is winning.
>>
>> On Fridays race you could almost feel the cycling spirit coming thru the screen.
>> The crowds for the TT today were even greater than ever and what a win.
>>
>> Cant wait for Sundays slog round the Paris streets, its just gotta be the best
>> last days racing for years.
>>
>> So chapeau to the TdeF from me.
>>
>> I've only got one wish today
>> - That the Vuelta and Giro say NOW, in advance, that they will also boot out
>> the cheats, dopers and liars from their races too.
>> I'd also like to hear the UCI saying that too with some conviction, for the races
>> they control, but its not likely just yet.
>>
>> Mike
>> back to the knobbly tires and the great outdoors on Monday

> I'm sure I'm not the first to say it, but Contador was a little too
> far, Levi too close, and Discovery too strong in general for Cadel to
> make a race of it on the last day. Would have been exciting, but
> unrealistic. Overall, a good, dramatic Tour. Leipheimer vs. Evans in
> '08 should be very compelling stuff.

???? If Contador works on his time trialing over the next year he's
going to win like Lance used to. He was clearly stronger in the
mountains than Leipheimer and Evans, and he's freakin' a young stud.

Greg
--

On Jul 30, 2:20 pm, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
> > On Jul 28, 1:07 pm, dardruba <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Obituary? Not bloody likely. The race is winning.

> >> On Fridays race you could almost feel the cycling spirit coming thru the screen.
> >> The crowds for the TT today were even greater than ever and what a win.

> >> Cant wait for Sundays slog round the Paris streets, its just gotta be the best
> >> last days racing for years.

> >> So chapeau to the TdeF from me.

> >> I've only got one wish today
> >> - That the Vuelta and Giro say NOW, in advance, that they will also boot out
> >> the cheats, dopers and liars from their races too.
> >> I'd also like to hear the UCI saying that too with some conviction, for the races
> >> they control, but its not likely just yet.

> >> Mike
> >> back to the knobbly tires and the great outdoors on Monday

> > I'm sure I'm not the first to say it, but Contador was a little too
> > far, Levi too close, and Discovery too strong in general for Cadel to
> > make a race of it on the last day. Would have been exciting, but
> > unrealistic. Overall, a good, dramatic Tour. Leipheimer vs. Evans in
> > '08 should be very compelling stuff.

> ???? If Contador works on his time trialing over the next year he's
> going to win like Lance used to. He was clearly stronger in the
> mountains than Leipheimer and Evans, and he's freakin' a young stud.
>
> Greg
> --
> The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html
>
> Dethink to survive - Mclusky- Hide quoted text -

You're probably right. I guess I've got a soft spot for the older
guys....

/s