UK and Europe · Public discussion

OT: Oh Happy Day!

Started by wafflycat · · Last activity · 4 posts · 392 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
20 December 2005
Last activity
21 December 2005
Original author
wafflycat
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
392
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Had the offending tooth removed! The one that had abscessed!

    ***IT WAS A PAINLESS PROCEDURE***

    The dentist and aneasthes.. gas man.. were quite brilliant. Had intravenous
    sedation with a bit of hypnotherapy chucked in. Worked a treat. As an added
    benefit, the gas man was a cyclist, so we were nattering about 'bents before
    kick-off.

    I felt as if I was asleep but dreaming, where I could hear voices and I
    could feel 'something' going on in my mouth, but I was totally and utterly
    unconcerned by it all. Which is a complete first for me as regards
    dentistry.

    I took about half-an-hour to be back in the land of the lucid, but was
    tired. Vernon brought me home and I've spent the rest of the day asleep on
    the sofa.

    Now I'm awake, I've no pain, no discomfort and no swellings.

    *EXCELLENT*

    So to any fellow dental-phobics, I highly recommend this way of getting the
    necessary done to the gnashers.

    The only downside is I'm not supposed to cycle (or drive) for two days post
    procedure, as the effects of the chemically induced haze can take that long
    to get out of the bloodstream apparently.

    Cheers, helen s

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    wafflycat w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com said:

    The only downside is I'm not supposed to cycle (or drive) for two
    days post procedure, as the effects of the chemically induced haze
    can take that long to get out of the bloodstream apparently.

    OMG that means you'll be posting even more :-))))

    Sorry about the smilies if you are feeling a wee bit rough but glad
    that it went OK for you.

    --
    T h e - e x t e n d e r ! ! ! !

  3. "Sandy Morton" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    wafflycat w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com said:

    The only downside is I'm not supposed to cycle (or drive) for two
    days post procedure, as the effects of the chemically induced haze
    can take that long to get out of the bloodstream apparently.

    OMG that means you'll be posting even more :-))))

    Heh ;-)

    Quoted message said:

    Sorry about the smilies if you are feeling a wee bit rough but glad
    that it went OK for you.

    No apology needed! I'm just so glad to have the mouth problems sorted and in
    a way that my phobia of dentists was handled in a positive way with such a
    good solution offered to me.

    Cheers, helen s

    Quoted message said:

    --
    T h e - e x t e n d e r ! ! ! !

  4. <snip of stuff I'm not actually commenting on>

    Quoted message said:

    I'm just so glad to have the mouth problems sorted and in
    a way that my phobia of dentists was handled in a positive way with such a
    good solution offered to me.

    Cheers, helen s

    A few years back I had a medical for work... the only thing they were
    worried about was 'a severe case of 'White Coat Syndrome'.'

    I'm much more relaxed about white coats, now that I know I have a
    documented phobia of them !

    I thought they were going to give it a 'proper' name for the report;
    but its the only medical condition listed (apart from being 3%
    overweight).

    M.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.