OT: Ordering online - computer is down

Dee Randall

Guest
After a frustrating 45 minutes trying to place an order (grill and bowl)
online, not being able to complete my order, I called. They refused to take
my order because they didn't want me to possibly be charged twice, but for
me to wait 24 hours to place the order again, because their "computer is
down."

I seem to hear this more than I care to say, and am wondering 'are there
really computers down in all these businesses? Including medical, too, I've
run into it a lot.

So I won't be in the dark (cyberspace?) when I hear, COMPUTER DOWN," I
wonder if anyone can tell me what is really going on behind the scenes, so I
won't be so frustrated when they say these innocuous words.

Dee Dee

"Dee Randall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> After a frustrating 45 minutes trying to place an order (grill and bowl)
> online, not being able to complete my order, I called. They refused to
> take my order because they didn't want me to possibly be charged twice,
> but for me to wait 24 hours to place the order again, because their
> "computer is down."
>
> I seem to hear this more than I care to say, and am wondering 'are there
> really computers down in all these businesses? Including medical, too,
> I've run into it a lot.
>
> So I won't be in the dark (cyberspace?) when I hear, COMPUTER DOWN," I
> wonder if anyone can tell me what is really going on behind the scenes, so
> I won't be so frustrated when they say these innocuous words.
>
> Dee Dee

You want them to tell you the gory details of their computer problems?
"They" probably don't even tell the operators who answer the phone when you
call.