OT - outlook express

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Panda, Jun 11, 2003.

  1. Panda

    Panda Guest

    ok off topic , but thort u guys would know.....

    how on earth do you set outlook express not to top-post in replys?

    many thanks

    panda

    Tags:

  2. panda wrote:

    > ok off topic , but thort u guys would know.....
    >
    > how on earth do you set outlook express not to top-post in replys?

    Do not look to Microsith for assiatnce, but rather download OE-QuoteFix from here:

    Top-Posting Like A Cretinous Foul-Yob Fit Only for Stoning will then vanish as if by legerdemain.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  3. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "panda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ok off topic , but thort u guys would know.....
    >
    > how on earth do you set outlook express not to top-post in replys?

    Its fully automated. You click reply, scroll to the bottom of the text and start typing.

    Good grief man -- you'll want tit to compose your reply for you next.

    :)

  4. Tim Woodall

    Tim Woodall Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:45:00 +0100, panda <[email protected]> wrote:
    > ok off topic , but thort u guys would know.....
    >
    > how on earth do you set outlook express not to top-post in replys?

    I'm not sure what you mean? You start at the top of the reply inserting comments or deleting quoted
    text as you work down so that by the time you get to the bottom you have a finished posting.

    I don't use O.E. but many O.E. users swear by something called Quote Fix. Maybe that solves whatever
    problem you are seeing.

    Regards,

    Tim.

  5. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    panda wrote:
    > ok off topic , but thort u guys would know.....
    >
    > how on earth do you set outlook express not to top-post in replys?

    Use Mozilla. Defaults to top posting, and can be set not to run html scripts, so you don't get
    infected by those script kiddie viruses in your email, too.

    The downside is that people who think Microsoft is the only standard for the web will insist on
    coming up with web sites which don't meet international standards. I usually take a dim view of
    professional organsiations who do these sorts of things (Guy exemption clause).

    --
    Jim Price

    http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

  6. Tenex

    Tenex Guest

    Dave Larrington wrote:
    > panda wrote:
    >
    >> ok off topic , but thort u guys would know.....
    >>
    >> how on earth do you set outlook express not to top-post in replys?
    >
    > Do not look to Microsith for assiatnce, but rather download OE-QuoteFix from here:

    Bung it in your start up group, but unless you use OE as a mail client also make sure you set the
    option "start independently of OE".

  7. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    panda wrote:
    > how on earth do you set outlook express not to top-post in replys?

    You can't. Just use cursor keys or Ctrl+End. QuoteFix will fix some formatting bugs - I recommend
    downloading it - it works well and in the background automatically.

    ~PB

  8. On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:45:00 +0100, "panda" <[email protected]> said:

    > ok off topic , but thort u guys would know..... how on earth do you set outlook express not to
    > top-post in replys?

    http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html

    has some useful stuff, but no newsreader can do much about top posting
    - you alway start at the top and read down, snipping irrelevant paragraphs, and inserting your
    replies as you go.

    --
    Alan J. Wylie http://www.glaramara.freeserve.co.uk/ "Perfection [in design] is achieved not when
    there is nothing left to add, but rather when there is nothing left to take away." -- Antoine de

  9. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:45:00 +0100, "panda" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >ok off topic , but thort u guys would know.....
    >
    >how on earth do you set outlook express not to top-post in replys?

    You don't use it, Panda. No, you don't. Never go there. ;-)

    Can't you just scroll down to the bottom of the message to which you intend to reply, snip
    appropriately, and then start writing?

    James

  10. Panda

    Panda Guest

    panda wrote:
    > ok off topic , but thort u guys would know.....
    >
    > how on earth do you set outlook express not to top-post in replys?
    >
    > many thanks
    >
    > panda

    well cheers all, have got myself quotefix.

    thanks

    panda