General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

OT: Ping: Jo Ann Slaven

Started by Dee Randall · · Last activity · 4 posts · 204 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
29 March 2006
Last activity
31 March 2006
Original author
Dee Randall
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
204
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Jo Anne, I often see your name and since it is a surname that I have in a
    file of one of my gggg-grandfather's records from the DAR, I'm taking a
    chance that you might be a relative. Basically this is all the information
    I have and it will not make sense to you if you don't have the genealogy on
    your or your husband's (if he is a Slaven) family. I am a descendant of
    John Mitchell, George Teter, and but I don't know who John Slaven is. It's
    been a puzzlement.

    John Mitchell b. 1763, George Teter b. 1730, and John Slaven

    Thanks for listening.

    Dee Dee

  2. Dee Randall said:

    Jo Anne, I often see your name and since it is a surname that I have in a
    file of one of my gggg-grandfather's records from the DAR, I'm taking a
    chance that you might be a relative. Basically this is all the information
    I have and it will not make sense to you if you don't have the genealogy on
    your or your husband's (if he is a Slaven) family. I am a descendant of
    John Mitchell, George Teter, and but I don't know who John Slaven is. It's
    been a puzzlement.

    John Mitchell b. 1763, George Teter b. 1730, and John Slaven

    Thanks for listening.

    My husband's great-something grandfather came to Canada from Ireland
    in the early 1800's. Patrick Slaven, I believe it was.

    Some of the genealogy/census stuff I've seen on the net suggests to me
    that the name was originally Slavin, not Slaven, and that everything
    got all muddled up when someone forgot to dot the i.

    Now, if you want to talk about *my* family history, I can go back to
    the 1500's in Schenectady, NY. I'm a United Empire Loyalist.

    Jo Anne

    Quoted message said:
  3. "Jo Anne Slaven" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Dee Randall said:

    Jo Anne, I often see your name and since it is a surname that I have in a
    file of one of my gggg-grandfather's records from the DAR, I'm taking a
    chance that you might be a relative. Basically this is all the
    information
    I have and it will not make sense to you if you don't have the genealogy
    on
    your or your husband's (if he is a Slaven) family. I am a descendant of
    John Mitchell, George Teter, and but I don't know who John Slaven is.
    It's
    been a puzzlement.

    John Mitchell b. 1763, George Teter b. 1730, and John Slaven

    Thanks for listening.

    My husband's great-something grandfather came to Canada from Ireland
    in the early 1800's. Patrick Slaven, I believe it was.

    Some of the genealogy/census stuff I've seen on the net suggests to me
    that the name was originally Slavin, not Slaven, and that everything
    got all muddled up when someone forgot to dot the i.

    Now, if you want to talk about *my* family history, I can go back to
    the 1500's in Schenectady, NY. I'm a United Empire Loyalist.

    Jo Anne


    Thanks for answering my question about the Slavin/Slaven's. I appreciate
    it.
    Dee Dee

  4. Jo Anne Slaven said:


    Dee Randall said:

    Jo Anne, I often see your name and since it is a surname that I have in a
    file of one of my gggg-grandfather's records from the DAR, I'm taking a
    chance that you might be a relative. Basically this is all the information
    I have and it will not make sense to you if you don't have the genealogy on
    your or your husband's (if he is a Slaven) family. I am a descendant of
    John Mitchell, George Teter, and but I don't know who John Slaven is. It's
    been a puzzlement.

    John Mitchell b. 1763, George Teter b. 1730, and John Slaven

    Thanks for listening.

    My husband's great-something grandfather came to Canada from Ireland
    in the early 1800's. Patrick Slaven, I believe it was.

    Some of the genealogy/census stuff I've seen on the net suggests to me
    that the name was originally Slavin, not Slaven, and that everything
    got all muddled up when someone forgot to dot the i.

    Now, if you want to talk about *my* family history, I can go back to
    the 1500's in Schenectady, NY. I'm a United Empire Loyalist.

    Jo Anne
    Me too Jo Anne.....Papst was their name. It's morphed into many variations since he came from Germany in 1753 ....Sharon

    Quoted message said:

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.