OT (Political humor) -- Bush in New Orleans

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Marengo, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. Marengo

    Marengo Guest

    Tags:

  2. A.D.C

    A.D.C Guest

  3. Marengo

    Marengo Guest

    A.D.C wrote:
    || George Bush is not Low Carb.

    || "Marengo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    || news:[email protected]
    ||| Here's an example of what they didn't show on Fox News in the
    ||| aftermath of hurricane Katrina:
    ||| http://users.thelink.net/marengo/bush

    Well, ADC, at least I followed Usenet protocol and put "OT" on my subject
    line. Unlike you, who top-posted your rude and ill-informed comment.
    --
    Peter
    ~~~~

    http://users.thelink.net/marengo/bush

  4. D.F. Manno

    D.F. Manno Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "A.D.C" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > George Bush is not Low Carb.

    Quite right--he's got oatmeal for brains.
    --
    D.F. Manno | [email protected]
    The worst government is the most moral. One composed of cynics is often

  5. A.D.C

    A.D.C Guest

    dude..oops..see below...
    "Marengo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > A.D.C wrote:
    > || George Bush is not Low Carb.
    >
    > || "Marengo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > || news:[email protected]
    >

    > Well, ADC, at least I followed Usenet protocol and put "OT" on my subject
    > line. Unlike you, who top-posted your rude and ill-informed comment.
    > --
    > Peter
    > ~~~~
    > THE BUSHES IN NEW ORLEANS: THE PICTURE FOX NEWS WOULDN'T LET US SEE:
    >
    > http://users.thelink.net/marengo/bush

    dude..i like the "OT"...thansk for doing that, BTW...never have understood
    why top posting is consiered "rude." I thread my messages, so i don't want
    to have to scroll through every post i've read to see the new ones. just a
    personal preference, I guess. i'll try to conform..error..error..does not
    com...$%^&*....just kidding..thanks for the etiquitte tip.

  6. He's wrong anyway.

    Top posting is perfectly acceptable.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "A.D.C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > dude..oops..see below...
    > "Marengo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]

    >> Well, ADC, at least I followed Usenet protocol and put "OT" on my subject
    >> line. Unlike you, who top-posted your rude and ill-informed comment.
    >> --
    >> Peter
    >> ~~~~
    >> THE BUSHES IN NEW ORLEANS: THE PICTURE FOX NEWS WOULDN'T LET US SEE:
    >>
    >> http://users.thelink.net/marengo/bush
    >>

    > dude..i like the "OT"...thansk for doing that, BTW...never have understood
    > why top posting is consiered "rude." I thread my messages, so i don't want
    > to have to scroll through every post i've read to see the new ones. just
    > a personal preference, I guess. i'll try to conform..error..error..does
    > not com...$%^&*....just kidding..thanks for the etiquitte tip.

  7. In article <[email protected]>,
    "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > He's wrong anyway.
    >
    > Top posting is perfectly acceptable.

    Only on the binaries groups where there is a good reason for it...
    Anywhere else, and it's considered rude coming from one that knows
    better. ;-)

    Cheers JC and have a good weekend!
    --
    Om.

  8. Top posting is perfectly acceptable.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> He's wrong anyway.
    >>
    >> Top posting is perfectly acceptable.
    >>

    > Only on the binaries groups where there is a good reason for it...
    > Anywhere else, and it's considered rude coming from one that knows
    > better. ;-)
    >
    > Cheers JC and have a good weekend!
    > --
    > Om.
    >
    > "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack
    > Nicholson

  9. Cheri

    Cheri Guest

    One of the few times I agree with you, certainly more acceptable than
    not snipping for relevance when bottom posting IMO. Is there anything
    more annoying than scrolling through several long posts just to see an
    "I agree?" :)

    --
    Cheri

    JC Der Koenig wrote in message ...

    >Top posting is perfectly acceptable.

  10. Ernie Sty

    Ernie Sty Guest

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "JC Der Koenig" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Top posting is perfectly acceptable.
    >>

    > Only on the binaries groups where there is a good reason for it...

    Agreed

    > Anywhere else, and it's considered rude...

    I hate top-posting, however... It is not rude. Top posting is awkward and
    people who prefer to top-post are in the minority. It creates an
    inconvenience for most people... but some people actually prefer to see
    top-posts.

    I look at it like this. Let's say you are in charge of a sewer construction
    project and have to dig up one street on order to complete the project. Do
    you dig up the biggest street with the most traffic, or a smaller street
    which gets much less traffic? As a rule of thumb, if you have to
    inconvenience people, you try to convenience as few as possible; therefore
    you dig up the smaller street. If you dig up the bigger street because your
    own house happens to be on the smaller street and you don't want to
    inconvenience yourself, then you might be considered selfish and
    inconsiderate.

    If you top-post, you inconvenience the cast majority of people, who are
    bottom-posters, for the convenience of yourself and a few other top-posters.
    You're digging up a major thoroughfare instead of a small street because
    your house is on the small street.

    Now, if you are not aware that most people bottom-post and expect others to
    do the same, then you could hardly be called selfish or inconsiderate. If
    on the other hand you are aware of this and you still top-post, then it
    could be that selfishness and lack of consideration for others are parts of
    your personality.