OT: Question for the video folks

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Technician, Feb 11, 2003.

  1. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > "Technician" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > an

    > > > You may have tried this, or been given this answer (I didn't read all
    > the
    > > > other replies), but try running a defrag several time on your hard
    > drive.
    > > > I've run into the same issue before, and deleting all the temp video
    > files
    > > > created by premiere and running a defrag fixes it every time.
    > > >
    > > > good luck.
    > > >

    > > Hmm, I haven't tried defragging yet. as for the temp video files, how do i differentiate then
    > > from other temp files (though i may just end up deleting them all)?
    > >
    > > I upgraded the drivers for the TV card, though now i think capture is far worse. now i can only
    > > do it via the WinTV2000 program. I think i will revert the drivers, defrag, and go temp file
    > > hunting.
    >
    > I've got your solution, Travis!
    >
    > Watch your credit card statements for those "special offers" on the flap of the return envelope.
    >
    > One of them will be for a Bell & Howell (or similar "name brand") 35-mm camera. Cost? $3.95
    > (incl. S& H).
    >
    > Insert film. Take pics. Enjoy :)
    >
    > Bill "I rely on the techiness of strangers" S.

    Why would i want a cheap 35mm camera when i have a perfectly fine digital camera?

    ~Travis
    --
    To reply by email, remove clothes.

    Currently developing a spin-off of the Linux DashPC, for windows. info about the Linux DashPC can be
    found at their site (www.dashpc.com). expected release date of Win-DashPC: Unknown

  2. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Technician wrote:
    >
    > > Well, i've given up on the damn thing, because... <Rant> ...windows xp is far too incompetent
    > > for its own good. after removing the bad driver, it tried to install it again, and then it has
    > > the nerve to ask me where the files went. when i cancel, it think it has misunderstood me, so it
    > > asks again. I'm thinking the software gene pool at M$ has been corrupted by far too much
    > > in-breading.
    > >
    > > So, knowing the only way to resolve this issue further would be to re- install windows to really
    > > kill the bad driver, i feel it is not worth the effort for a $75 POS capture card. i'll just put
    > > the damn thing on ebay or something.
    >
    > Ah Travis, you'll never be a computer technician with an attitude like that...

    Well, windows started it ;-)

    i have since moved the card to my Linux PC. perhaps i'll use it as a webcam or something. at least
    untill i can get windows to realize that the drivers it wants are gone and not coming back, so i can
    install the correct drivers.

    ~Travis
    --
    To reply by email, remove clothes.

    Currently developing a spin-off of the Linux DashPC, for windows. info about the Linux DashPC can be
    found at their site (www.dashpc.com). expected release date of Win-DashPC: Unknown

  3. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > i have since moved the card to my Linux PC. perhaps i'll use it as a webcam or something. at least
    > untill i can get windows to realize that the drivers it wants are gone and not coming back, so i
    > can install the correct drivers.

    If you do decide to try again, go into task manager and try to kill *every task* (it won't allow you
    to kill the ones you really shouldn't) then try
    it.

    If that makes any difference, you'll know it was one of them - and then the hunt can begin.

  4. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > > i have since moved the card to my Linux PC. perhaps i'll use it as a webcam or something. at
    > > least untill i can get windows to realize that the drivers it wants are gone and not coming
    > > back, so i can install the correct drivers.
    >

    > If you do decide to try again, go into task manager and try to kill *every task* (it won't allow
    > you to kill the ones you really shouldn't) then try
    > it.
    >
    > If that makes any difference, you'll know it was one of them - and then the hunt can begin.

    i assume by task manager you mean to kill the services as well?

    I'll give it a try.

    ~Travis
    --
    To reply by email, remove clothes.

    Currently developing a spin-off of the Linux DashPC, for windows. info about the Linux DashPC can be
    found at their site (www.dashpc.com). expected release date of Win-DashPC: Unknown

  5. > >
    > > i have since moved the card to my Linux PC. perhaps i'll use it as a webcam or something. at
    > > least untill i can get windows to realize that the drivers it wants are gone and not coming
    > > back, so i can install the correct drivers.

    Try uninstalling in safe mode. (nothing of any use works mode)
    --

  6. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    > > > i have since moved the card to my Linux PC. perhaps i'll use it as a webcam or something. at
    > > > least untill i can get windows to realize that the drivers it wants are gone and not coming
    > > > back, so i can install the correct drivers.
    > >

    > Try uninstalling in safe mode. (nothing of any use works mode)

    And by uninstall I mean delete from the device manager.
    --