OT: Quizno's Commercial

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Sportkite1, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Sportkite1

    Sportkite1 Guest

    I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.

    Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?

    Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

    Ellen

    Tags:

  2. "SportKite1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.
    >
    > Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno.
    Maybe
    > Ever?
    >
    > Anyone know the one I'm talking about?
    >
    > Ellen

    You must mean the screeching 'singing' puppets telling you to bring in any kind of coupon to get $1
    off a sandwich?

  3. Billkirch

    Billkirch Guest

    >Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?
    >
    >Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

    ###################
    If you're talking about those roadkill Rats with bad teeth......then you are an easily
    entertained moron. BG

  4. Sportkite1

    Sportkite1 Guest

    >From: [email protected]

    >If you're talking about those roadkill Rats with bad teeth......then you are an easily entertained
    >moron. BG

    Woo Hoo, your post won me my bet! Thanks!

    Wiiner of a a 6-pack of Butte Creek Organic Ale! Ellen

  5. Whansami

    Whansami Guest

    >I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.
    >
    >Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?
    >
    >Anyone know the one I'm talking about?
    >
    >Ellen

    The one with the mutant hamster?

    That commercial, in and of itself, will keep me from ever to visiting Quizno's again. If I think
    about it, I get queasy.

    Sheila

  6. Ravinwulf

    Ravinwulf Guest

    On 07 Feb 2004 04:43:46 GMT, [email protected] (WhansaMi) wrote:

    >The one with the mutant hamster?
    >
    >That commercial, in and of itself, will keep me from ever to visiting Quizno's again. If I think
    >about it, I get queasy.

    Amen. I will not eat at a restaurant using a rodent as, um, spokesroadkill. Sorry, but mutant
    rats are the last thing I want to think about when I'm dining out. Quizno's can count me out as
    a customer.

    Tracy R.

  7. SportKite1 wrote:

    > I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.
    >
    > Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?
    >
    > Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

    Do you mean the commercial with the thing that can't be identified? It sort-of looks like a chicken
    nugget with mold on it? But, it sort-of looks like a gerbil that's been skinned and had some fake
    eyes attached to it? The one with the very strange, affected accent?

    It doesn't make me want to go to Quiznos at all. It's....disturbing.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]> Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>

  8. Stephanie

    Stephanie Guest

    This is by far the most amateurish, horrible commercial I've ever seen! Stephanie

  9. Stephanie wrote:

    > This is by far the most amateurish, horrible commercial I've ever seen!

    I agree. I've seen very few commercials for food that have left me without an appetite.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]> Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>

  10. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Stephanie wrote:

    > This is by far the most amateurish, horrible commercial I've ever seen!

    I can't help it, I saw the commercial just a while ago and I laughed out loud. Obviously I'm in the
    minority. Too easily amused, I supposed.

    nancy

  11. John Gaughan

    John Gaughan Guest

  12. Thinker2004

    Thinker2004 Guest

    [email protected] (SportKite1) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.
    >
    > Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?
    >
    > Anyone know the one I'm talking about?
    >
    > Ellen

    I laugh my ass of every time i see those commercials. I've never heard of Quiznos before the
    commercial, and now I know the product name and know what they sell. So, from an commerial sense, I
    would say they are a win. Still, I like to cook too much to buy fast food. But, again, I have NEVER
    laughed that much at a commercial. I will remember Quiznos if I ever run across one of their stores.

    Here's a link with these critters ... http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

    (still laughing) -thinker2004

  13. Mighty Mik

    Mighty Mik Guest

    They'll now take a coupon for ANYTHING, even an oil change, for a buck off.

    [email protected] (Thinker2004) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (SportKite1) wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    > m26.aol.com>...
    > > I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.
    > >
    > > Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?
    > >
    > > Anyone know the one I'm talking about?
    > >
    > > Ellen
    >
    > I laugh my ass of every time i see those commercials. I've never heard of Quiznos before the
    > commercial, and now I know the product name and know what they sell. So, from an commerial sense,
    > I would say they are a win. Still, I like to cook too much to buy fast food. But, again, I have
    > NEVER laughed that much at a commercial. I will remember Quiznos if I ever run across one of
    > their stores.
    >
    > Here's a link with these critters ... http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/
    >

    > (still laughing) -thinker2004

  14. Blake Murphy

    Blake Murphy Guest

    On 7 Feb 2004 18:14:33 -0800, [email protected] (Thinker2004)
    wrote:

    >[email protected] (SportKite1) wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    >m26.aol.com>...
    >> I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.
    >>
    >> Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?
    >>
    >> Anyone know the one I'm talking about?
    >>
    >> Ellen
    >
    >I laugh my ass of every time i see those commercials. I've never heard of Quiznos before the
    >commercial, and now I know the product name and know what they sell. So, from an commerial sense,
    >I would say they are a win. Still, I like to cook too much to buy fast food. But, again, I have
    >NEVER laughed that much at a commercial. I will remember Quiznos if I ever run across one of
    >their stores.
    >
    >Here's a link with these critters ... http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/
    >

    >(still laughing) -thinker2004

    i think they make a pretty good sub. but it's like discussing chili.

    your pal, blake

  15. John D.

    John D. Guest

    No, not rats, gerbils, or roadkill, but the one singing is a mutant "tarsier" (usually found
    clinging to a branch, that's why its feet look like that, the branch he was probably on was removed
    from the image).

    Not sure what the other one playing the guitar is but I CAN tell you that although he CAN do that
    pretty well, he can NOT sing very well...so vocals went to the mutant tarsier.

    John D.

    news:<[email protected]>...

  16. ravinwulf wrote:

    > On 07 Feb 2004 04:43:46 GMT, [email protected] (WhansaMi) wrote:
    >
    > >The one with the mutant hamster?
    > >
    > >That commercial, in and of itself, will keep me from ever to visiting Quizno's again. If I think
    > >about it, I get queasy.
    >
    > Amen. I will not eat at a restaurant using a rodent as, um, spokesroadkill. Sorry, but mutant rats
    > are the last thing I want to think about when I'm dining out. Quizno's can count me out as a
    > customer.

    Okay, how do you come up with rats? I don't think they look like rats, even roadkill rats. I thought
    they were just weird made-up creatures with really annoying voices and stupid lyrics to the song.

    Actually they sort of look like bizarro Mr. Potato Heads to me. Kate

    --
    Kate Connally “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.” Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that
    smiles back, Until you bite their heads off.” What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all

  17. Levelwave©

    Levelwave© Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:

    > I can't help it, I saw the commercial just a while ago and I laughed out loud. Obviously I'm in
    > the minority. Too easily amused, I supposed.
    >
    > nancy

    You're not alone... What people don't understand is those "mutant rodents" are part of a popular
    skit that's been around the 'net for a number of years... Ever seen the Kitties playing Led Zeppelin
    covers?... same thing... I for one love it... yet would still rather eat one of those rodents than
    dine at Quiznos...

    ~john