OT: Quizno's Commercial

Sportkite1

Guest
I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.

Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?

Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

Ellen

"SportKite1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.
>
> Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno.
Maybe
> Ever?
>
> Anyone know the one I'm talking about?
>
> Ellen

You must mean the screeching 'singing' puppets telling you to bring in any kind of coupon to get $1
off a sandwich?

>Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?
>
>Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

###################
If you're talking about those roadkill Rats with bad teeth......then you are an easily
entertained moron. BG

>From: [email protected]

>If you're talking about those roadkill Rats with bad teeth......then you are an easily entertained
>moron. BG

Woo Hoo, your post won me my bet! Thanks!

Wiiner of a a 6-pack of Butte Creek Organic Ale! Ellen

>I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.
>
>Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?
>
>Anyone know the one I'm talking about?
>
>Ellen

The one with the mutant hamster?

That commercial, in and of itself, will keep me from ever to visiting Quizno's again. If I think
about it, I get queasy.

Sheila

On 07 Feb 2004 04:43:46 GMT, [email protected] (WhansaMi) wrote:

>The one with the mutant hamster?
>
>That commercial, in and of itself, will keep me from ever to visiting Quizno's again. If I think
>about it, I get queasy.

Amen. I will not eat at a restaurant using a rodent as, um, spokesroadkill. Sorry, but mutant
rats are the last thing I want to think about when I'm dining out. Quizno's can count me out as
a customer.

Tracy R.

SportKite1 wrote:

> I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.
>
> Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?
>
> Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

Do you mean the commercial with the thing that can't be identified? It sort-of looks like a chicken
nugget with mold on it? But, it sort-of looks like a gerbil that's been skinned and had some fake
eyes attached to it? The one with the very strange, affected accent?

It doesn't make me want to go to Quiznos at all. It's....disturbing.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]> Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://mypage.org/mcpierce>

This is by far the most amateurish, horrible commercial I've ever seen! Stephanie

Stephanie wrote:

> This is by far the most amateurish, horrible commercial I've ever seen!

I agree. I've seen very few commercials for food that have left me without an appetite.

--

Stephanie wrote:

> This is by far the most amateurish, horrible commercial I've ever seen!

I can't help it, I saw the commercial just a while ago and I laughed out loud. Obviously I'm in the
minority. Too easily amused, I supposed.

nancy

[email protected] (SportKite1) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.
>
> Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?
>
> Anyone know the one I'm talking about?
>
> Ellen

I laugh my ass of every time i see those commercials. I've never heard of Quiznos before the
commercial, and now I know the product name and know what they sell. So, from an commerial sense, I
would say they are a win. Still, I like to cook too much to buy fast food. But, again, I have NEVER
laughed that much at a commercial. I will remember Quiznos if I ever run across one of their stores.

Here's a link with these critters ... http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

(still laughing) -thinker2004

They'll now take a coupon for ANYTHING, even an oil change, for a buck off.

[email protected] (Thinker2004) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (SportKite1) wrote in message news:<20040206213243.16864.00000335@mb-
> m26.aol.com>...
> > I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.
> >
> > Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?
> >
> > Anyone know the one I'm talking about?
> >
> > Ellen
>
> I laugh my ass of every time i see those commercials. I've never heard of Quiznos before the
> commercial, and now I know the product name and know what they sell. So, from an commerial sense,
> I would say they are a win. Still, I like to cook too much to buy fast food. But, again, I have
> NEVER laughed that much at a commercial. I will remember Quiznos if I ever run across one of
> their stores.
>
> Here's a link with these critters ... http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/
>

> (still laughing) -thinker2004

On 7 Feb 2004 18:14:33 -0800, [email protected] (Thinker2004)
wrote:

>[email protected] (SportKite1) wrote in message news:<20040206213243.16864.00000335@mb-
>m26.aol.com>...
>> I think this is national. Could be a regional one. I'm in Florida.
>>
>> Simply the funniest "foodie" commercial on TV I've seen in, gee, I dunno. Maybe Ever?
>>
>> Anyone know the one I'm talking about?
>>
>> Ellen
>
>I laugh my ass of every time i see those commercials. I've never heard of Quiznos before the
>commercial, and now I know the product name and know what they sell. So, from an commerial sense,
>I would say they are a win. Still, I like to cook too much to buy fast food. But, again, I have
>NEVER laughed that much at a commercial. I will remember Quiznos if I ever run across one of
>their stores.
>
>Here's a link with these critters ... http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/
>

>(still laughing) -thinker2004

i think they make a pretty good sub. but it's like discussing chili.

your pal, blake

No, not rats, gerbils, or roadkill, but the one singing is a mutant "tarsier" (usually found
clinging to a branch, that's why its feet look like that, the branch he was probably on was removed
from the image).

Not sure what the other one playing the guitar is but I CAN tell you that although he CAN do that
pretty well, he can NOT sing very well...so vocals went to the mutant tarsier.

John D.

news:<[email protected]>...

ravinwulf wrote:

> On 07 Feb 2004 04:43:46 GMT, [email protected] (WhansaMi) wrote:
>
> >The one with the mutant hamster?
> >
> >That commercial, in and of itself, will keep me from ever to visiting Quizno's again. If I think
> >about it, I get queasy.
>
> Amen. I will not eat at a restaurant using a rodent as, um, spokesroadkill. Sorry, but mutant rats
> are the last thing I want to think about when I'm dining out. Quizno's can count me out as a
> customer.

Okay, how do you come up with rats? I don't think they look like rats, even roadkill rats. I thought
they were just weird made-up creatures with really annoying voices and stupid lyrics to the song.

Actually they sort of look like bizarro Mr. Potato Heads to me. Kate

--
Kate Connally “If I were as old as I feel, I’d be dead already.” Goldfish: “The wholesome snack that
smiles back, Until you bite their heads off.” What if the hokey pokey really *is* what it's all

Nancy Young wrote:

> I can't help it, I saw the commercial just a while ago and I laughed out loud. Obviously I'm in
> the minority. Too easily amused, I supposed.
>
> nancy

You're not alone... What people don't understand is those "mutant rodents" are part of a popular
skit that's been around the 'net for a number of years... Ever seen the Kitties playing Led Zeppelin
covers?... same thing... I for one love it... yet would still rather eat one of those rodents than
dine at Quiznos...

~john