OT: Quote for Clyde

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Zilla, Apr 18, 2003.

  1. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    "A country needs at least beer and an airline; it may help to have a football team, or some nuclear
    weapons, but at the very least it needs beer." - the late Frank Zappa

    --
    - Zilla (Remove XSPAM)

    Tags:

  2. John G

    John G Guest

    Zilla wrote:
    > "A country needs at least beer and an airline; it may help to have a football team, or some
    > nuclear weapons, but at the very least it needs beer." - the late Frank Zappa

    Beer is proof that god loves us and want's us to be happy - Ben Franklin

    more availible at: http://www.tastybrew.com/humor/quotes.html

  3. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    | Zilla wrote:
    | > "A country needs at least beer and an airline; it may help to have a football team, or some
    | > nuclear weapons, but at the very least it needs beer." - the late Frank Zappa
    |
    | Beer is proof that god loves us and want's us to be happy - Ben Franklin
    |
    | more availible at: http://www.tastybrew.com/humor/quotes.html

    I wonder if what we like to consume has to do with body chemistry, as I have never like beer, in
    fact, the only one I can bring myself to swallow is Corona, when it has plenty of lime!

    Then again, I rarely ever drink (just don't get me around a margarita!)

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 4/17/2003

  4. Gazoo

    Gazoo Guest

    Margarita!??!?

    ya might as well have a girly-drink with an umbrella in it
    :)

    "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > |

    > | Zilla wrote:
    > | > "A country needs at least beer and an airline; it may help to have a football team, or some
    > | > nuclear weapons, but at the very least it needs beer." - the late Frank Zappa
    > |
    > | Beer is proof that god loves us and want's us to be happy - Ben Franklin
    > |
    > | more availible at: http://www.tastybrew.com/humor/quotes.html
    >
    > I wonder if what we like to consume has to do with body chemistry, as I
    have
    > never like beer, in fact, the only one I can bring myself to swallow is Corona, when it has plenty
    > of lime!
    >
    > Then again, I rarely ever drink (just don't get me around a margarita!)
    >

    > ---
    > __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
    > http://intergalax.com

    > - Release Date: 4/17/2003

  5. John G

    John G Guest

    Gazoo wrote:
    > Margarita!??!?
    >
    > ya might as well have a girly-drink with an umbrella in it
    > :)

    Now, now...... if a Margarita is done RIGHT it is a work of art this is know as a Scratch Margarita
    (as in "made from scratch")

    chill serving glass fill shaker w/ chipped ice, over the ice add: freshly squeezed juice from 1/2
    lime <Preferably a Key Lime> add 2oz of GOOD Tequila <another debate entirely> add 1oz Cointreau
    shake strain into serving glass enjoy repeat

  6. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Nelson Binch wrote:
    > "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > |

    > | Zilla wrote:
    > | > "A country needs at least beer and an airline; it may help to have a football team, or some
    > | > nuclear weapons, but at the very least it needs beer." - the late Frank Zappa
    > |
    > | Beer is proof that god loves us and want's us to be happy - Ben Franklin
    > |
    > | more availible at: http://www.tastybrew.com/humor/quotes.html
    >
    > I wonder if what we like to consume has to do with body chemistry, as I have never like beer, in
    > fact, the only one I can bring myself to swallow is Corona, when it has plenty of lime!
    >
    > Then again, I rarely ever drink (just don't get me around a margarita!)

    Ooh, god. Not tequila. Never again. Tequila made me afraid I *wasn't* going to die.

    Kathleen