OT: race report Glasshouse 50(+2.9)km

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Tamyka Bell, Sep 12, 2005.

  1. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Hi guys,

    I blogged my race report from the above trail run on the weekend. It
    was more than double my previous race distance, and I'm now officially
    an ultra runner.

    http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/

    Tam
     
    Tags:


  2. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Likes Received:
    1
    Don't swear on bike forums.
     
  3. trek-man

    trek-man New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2005
    Messages:
    94
    Likes Received:
    0
    Very good read, almost made me want to go for a run. Then i remembered im a fat, lazy, unco-ordinated person and thats why i bought a bike :D :p
     
  4. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    trek-man wrote:
    >
    > Very good read, almost made me want to go for a run. Then i remembered
    > im a fat, lazy, unco-ordinated person and thats why i bought a bike :D
    > :p
    >
    > --
    > trek-man


    I made the move to ultras, because I am slow ;)

    Tam
     
  5. Peka

    Peka New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2005
    Messages:
    244
    Likes Received:
    0
    Madness!! I hate running, cycling is much better :)
     
  6. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    Messages:
    620
    Likes Received:
    0
    I think an ultra is moving back to the top of my goals list, given that some of the other things have been by passed for this year.
     
  7. retrograded

    retrograded Guest

    "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > trek-man wrote:
    >>
    >> Very good read, almost made me want to go for a run. Then i remembered
    >> im a fat, lazy, unco-ordinated person and thats why i bought a bike :D
    >> :p
    >>
    >> --
    >> trek-man

    >
    > I made the move to ultras, because I am slow ;)
    >
    > Tam


    Hey, I'm slow too, but I'm not mentally disturbed (I mean that in the nicest
    possible way).

    That's quite an achievement, but you can have it all to yourself.
     
  8. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    PiledHigher wrote:
    >
    > Peka Wrote:
    > > Madness!! I hate running, cycling is much better :)


    I LOVE cycling, but running is STILL much better :D Yeah I'm insane.


    > I think an ultra is moving back to the top of my goals list, given that
    > some of the other things have been by passed for this year.
    >
    > --
    > PiledHigher


    Now THAT is a very good call... so what do YOU think... should I do Gold
    Coast 1/2 IM?

    Tam
     
  9. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I blogged my race report from the above trail run on the weekend. It
    > was more than double my previous race distance, and I'm now officially
    > an ultra runner.
    >
    > http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/
    >
    > Tam


    Sigh, I was feeling impressed with myself having just done a 20km
    training run (last one before 1/2 marathon in 3 weeks) and then I read
    this and suddenly 20km doesn't seem very far. I might have to check out
    my training diary from 2001 to feel better about myself (long run back
    then was 1km and my long ride was 8km). Great effort Tam.

    DaveB
     
  10. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    DaveB wrote:
    >
    > Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > > Hi guys,
    > >
    > > I blogged my race report from the above trail run on the weekend. It
    > > was more than double my previous race distance, and I'm now officially
    > > an ultra runner.
    > >
    > > http://blindrapture.blogspot.com/
    > >
    > > Tam

    >
    > Sigh, I was feeling impressed with myself having just done a 20km
    > training run (last one before 1/2 marathon in 3 weeks) and then I read
    > this and suddenly 20km doesn't seem very far. I might have to check out
    > my training diary from 2001 to feel better about myself (long run back
    > then was 1km and my long ride was 8km). Great effort Tam.
    >
    > DaveB


    Oi! Good luck for that race :)

    It's easy to get down on your training - I feel so meagre compared to
    the 100 milers - but yeah, check out progress...WOW!

    Tam
     
  11. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2005-09-15, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
    > trek-man wrote:
    >>
    >> Very good read, almost made me want to go for a run. Then i remembered
    >> im a fat, lazy, unco-ordinated person and thats why i bought a bike :D
    >> :p

    >
    > I made the move to ultras, because I am slow ;)


    Is that why I am slowly taking up Audax?

    --
    TimC
    So y'know, when the girl octopus slaps the boy octopus for being too
    forward, he could say it wasn't his fault, the arm just kind of did its
    own thing. -- Kasatka in AFAFDA
     
  12. Peka

    Peka New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2005
    Messages:
    244
    Likes Received:
    0
    I loved how fit I used to get when I ran regularly, just didn't like the actual running part :D
     
  13. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "TimC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected].
    > On 2005-09-15, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
    > was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:
    >> trek-man wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Very good read, almost made me want to go for a run. Then i remembered
    >>> im a fat, lazy, unco-ordinated person and thats why i bought a bike :D
    >>> :p

    >>
    >> I made the move to ultras, because I am slow ;)

    >
    > Is that why I am slowly taking up Audax?
    >

    How do you "slowly" take up Audax? Do you just sort of tag on to the group
    for a bit as they go past?
     
  14. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2003
    Messages:
    620
    Likes Received:
    0
    Will be less time than an ultra and less stress on the body. If you want to do an Ironman, its the first step, just be careful or you might qualify and have to make a decision to race an Ironman!
     
  15. JH

    JH Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > PiledHigher wrote:
    >
    >>Peka Wrote:
    >>
    >>>Madness!! I hate running, cycling is much better :)

    >
    >
    > I LOVE cycling, but running is STILL much better :D Yeah I'm insane.
    >
    >
    >
    >>I think an ultra is moving back to the top of my goals list, given that
    >>some of the other things have been by passed for this year.
    >>
    >>--
    >>PiledHigher

    >
    >
    > Now THAT is a very good call... so what do YOU think... should I do Gold
    > Coast 1/2 IM?
    >
    > Tam


    Better make your mind up real soon entries close today!

    jh
     
  16. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Peka wrote:
    >
    > Tamyka Bell Wrote:
    > >
    > > > Peka Wrote:
    > > > > Madness!! I hate running, cycling is much better :)

    > >
    > > I LOVE cycling, but running is STILL much better
    > >

    >I loved how fit I used to get when I ran regularly, just didn't like the
    > actual running part :D


    I used to hate cycling... maybe because I was slow? But now I love it
    and I hate driving instead :D

    Tam
     
  17. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    PiledHigher wrote:
    >
    > Tamyka Bell Wrote:
    > > PiledHigher wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Peka Wrote:
    > > > > Madness!! I hate running, cycling is much better :)

    > >
    > > I LOVE cycling, but running is STILL much better :D Yeah I'm insane.
    > >
    > >
    > > > I think an ultra is moving back to the top of my goals list, given

    > > that
    > > > some of the other things have been by passed for this year.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > PiledHigher

    > >
    > > Now THAT is a very good call... so what do YOU think... should I do
    > > Gold
    > > Coast 1/2 IM?
    > >
    > > Tam

    >
    > Will be less time than an ultra and less stress on the body. If you
    > want to do an Ironman, its the first step, just be careful or you might
    > qualify and have to make a decision to race an Ironman!
    >
    > --
    > PiledHigher


    I won't have the $$$ to race Ironman next year. $600 approx race fee,
    plus petrol to get there (becoming more significant every day!) plus
    $130 to join TQ because I joined CA instead this year. Hmmmm... Won't
    happen. But qualifying would be nice, after all the hard training I
    have(n't) done. You know, just to snub the ex-coach.

    Tam
     
  18. JH

    JH Guest


    >
    >
    > Better make your mind up real soon entries close today!
    >
    > jh


    Looks like they have extended the entry deadline until tomorrow - Tues
    20 Sept 05
     
  19. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    JH wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >
    > > Better make your mind up real soon entries close today!
    > >
    > > jh

    >
    > Looks like they have extended the entry deadline until tomorrow - Tues
    > 20 Sept 05


    Yeah, I entered.

    Tam
     
  20. JH

    JH Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > JH wrote:
    >
    >>>
    >>>Better make your mind up real soon entries close today!
    >>>
    >>>jh

    >>
    >>Looks like they have extended the entry deadline until tomorrow - Tues
    >>20 Sept 05

    >
    >
    > Yeah, I entered.
    >
    > Tam


    Me too, see you there.

    JH

    JH
     
Loading...
Loading...