OT: Rats!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by serene, Dec 29, 2005.

  1. serene

    serene Guest

    Was gonna meet an rfc-er for shopping today, but when she called me, I
    was attending to my partner, who was getting, um, ill, in the next
    room. Then I got ill, too. Yucky. What a day. Can I have a do-over?

    serene

    Tags:

  2. ntantiques

    ntantiques Guest

    serene wrote:
    > Was gonna meet an rfc-er for shopping today, but when she called me, I
    > was attending to my partner, who was getting, um, ill, in the next
    > room. Then I got ill, too. Yucky. What a day. Can I have a do-over?
    >
    > serene

    Oh my, hope it wasn't the oyster thread that did her in...Hope you both
    feel better in the am.

    Nancy T

  3. sf

    sf Guest

    On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 22:25:55 -0800, serene wrote:

    > Was gonna meet an rfc-er for shopping today, but when she called me, I
    > was attending to my partner, who was getting, um, ill, in the next
    > room. Then I got ill, too. Yucky. What a day. Can I have a do-over?

    Hope you both feel better soon and hope you can reschedule your
    "date".

  4. Doug Kanter

    Doug Kanter Guest

    "serene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Was gonna meet an rfc-er for shopping today, but when she called me, I
    > was attending to my partner, who was getting, um, ill, in the next
    > room. Then I got ill, too. Yucky. What a day. Can I have a do-over?
    >
    > serene

    Yes. Just click your heels together 3 times. :)

  5. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    serene wrote:

    > Was gonna meet an rfc-er for shopping today, but when she called me, I
    > was attending to my partner, who was getting, um, ill, in the next
    > room. Then I got ill, too. Yucky. What a day. Can I have a do-over?

    Bummer. I had a Christmas day like that about 15 years ago. My wife and
    son had come down with an intestinal problem a few days before Christmas,
    and it seemed to have a two day incubation period. I had been out to a
    party on Christmas Eve and had a lot of rum laced egg nog. My stomach was
    feeling a little iffy when I woke up on the 25th. It was pouring rain. We
    sat down to breakfast and I just didn't feel like eating. What I did
    manage to get down came back up 15 minutes later. My wife and son went for
    Christmas dinner at my parents while I stayed home, and most of that time
    was spent in the washroom. Then the power went out. Living in the
    country, that means no water.... so no toilet flushing. With all that rain
    and no power, it meant there was a serious risk of the basement flooding.
    Not a great Christmas. :-(

  6. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Dave Smith wrote:
    > serene wrote:
    >
    > > Was gonna meet an rfc-er for shopping today, but when she called me, I
    > > was attending to my partner, who was getting, um, ill, in the next
    > > room. Then I got ill, too. Yucky. What a day. Can I have a do-over?

    > Bummer. I had a Christmas day like that about 15 years ago. My wife and
    > son had come down with an intestinal problem a few days before Christmas,
    > and it seemed to have a two day incubation period. I had been out to a
    > party on Christmas Eve and had a lot of rum laced egg nog. My stomach was
    > feeling a little iffy when I woke up on the 25th. It was pouring rain. We
    > sat down to breakfast and I just didn't feel like eating. What I did
    > manage to get down came back up 15 minutes later. My wife and son went for
    > Christmas dinner at my parents while I stayed home, and most of that time
    > was spent in the washroom. Then the power went out. Living in the
    > country, that means no water.... so no toilet flushing. With all that rain
    > and no power, it meant there was a serious risk of the basement flooding.
    > Not a great Christmas. :-(

    Next year have Santa bring you a generator.

  7. serene

    serene Guest

    On 30 Dec 2005 00:59:23 -0800, "ntantiques" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >serene wrote:
    >> Was gonna meet an rfc-er for shopping today, but when she called me, I
    >> was attending to my partner, who was getting, um, ill, in the next
    >> room. Then I got ill, too. Yucky. What a day. Can I have a do-over?
    >>
    >> serene

    >Oh my, hope it wasn't the oyster thread that did her in..

    *giggle* No, she's fine. It's our husband who was ill. But we're all
    fine now.

    >Hope you both
    >feel better in the am.

    Thanks so much! Now I'm trying to figure out what to cook today, and
    since we ate next to nothing yesterday, *everything* sounds good, ya
    know?

    serene

  8. serene

    serene Guest

    On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:13:24 -0500, Dave Smith
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >serene wrote:
    >
    >> Was gonna meet an rfc-er for shopping today, but when she called me, I
    >> was attending to my partner, who was getting, um, ill, in the next
    >> room. Then I got ill, too. Yucky. What a day. Can I have a do-over?

    >Bummer. I had a Christmas day like that about 15 years ago. My wife and
    >son had come down with an intestinal problem a few days before Christmas,
    >and it seemed to have a two day incubation period. I had been out to a
    >party on Christmas Eve and had a lot of rum laced egg nog. My stomach was
    >feeling a little iffy when I woke up on the 25th. It was pouring rain. We
    >sat down to breakfast and I just didn't feel like eating. What I did
    >manage to get down came back up 15 minutes later. My wife and son went for
    >Christmas dinner at my parents while I stayed home, and most of that time
    >was spent in the washroom. Then the power went out. Living in the
    >country, that means no water.... so no toilet flushing. With all that rain
    >and no power, it meant there was a serious risk of the basement flooding.
    >Not a great Christmas. :-(

    Oh, ick. I will consider myself lucky that I was only sick for a few
    hours.

    serene

  9. Serene,

    I think I know what you got, and it's nasty and highly virulent (as in
    from ten paces, with a wall between you and the other person). We all
    had it. Drink lots of fluids once you can and snuggle in... you should
    be better within oh, say, 36 hours (that's how long I was down with
    it).

    Feel better!

    Karen MacInerney
    Kitchen experimenter, family chauffeur, and culinary mystery author
    www.karenmacinerney.com

  10. serene

    serene Guest

    On 30 Dec 2005 16:18:31 -0800, "Karen MacInerney"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Serene,
    >
    >I think I know what you got, and it's nasty and highly virulent (as in
    >from ten paces, with a wall between you and the other person). We all
    >had it. Drink lots of fluids once you can and snuggle in... you should
    >be better within oh, say, 36 hours (that's how long I was down with
    >it).
    >
    >Feel better!

    Thanks, Karen. I'm able to eat and locomote today, but I still feel
    "off". I'm cooking up a storm, though, and that always makes me feel
    better. (That and good sex, so I'm two for two. ;-)

    serene

  11. On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:54:48 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"serene" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> Was gonna meet an rfc-er for shopping today, but when she called me, I
    >> was attending to my partner, who was getting, um, ill, in the next
    >> room. Then I got ill, too. Yucky. What a day. Can I have a do-over?
    >>
    >> serene

    >Yes. Just click your heels together 3 times. :)

    Aha! Now I know where those Ruby Slippers went!!

    --
    -denny-
    "Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

    "It's come as you are, baby."

    -over the hedge