OT - Rear View Motorcycle helmet

Euan

Guest
Watching Beyond Tomorrow and they had a piece on a rear view motorcycle
helmet, the Reevu.

From what I gather it uses the same principles as periscopes to get the
view from behind, which I think is pretty cool :)

Wonder if this tech could ever manifest in cycle helmets?
--
Cheers
Euan

Euan said:
Watching Beyond Tomorrow and they had a piece on a rear view motorcycle
helmet, the Reevu.

From what I gather it uses the same principles as periscopes to get the
view from behind, which I think is pretty cool :)

Wonder if this tech could ever manifest in cycle helmets?
--
Cheers
Euan
I dont care, I want one for my scooter !!!!!
So simple yet so brilliant

Euan wrote:
> Watching Beyond Tomorrow and they had a piece on a rear view motorcycle
> helmet, the Reevu.
>
> From what I gather it uses the same principles as periscopes to get the
> view from behind, which I think is pretty cool :)
>
> Wonder if this tech could ever manifest in cycle helmets?
> --
> Cheers
> Euan

Having had an old dental mirror attached to my glasses frame for many
years, I'm not much fussed if they do. The dental mirror is lighter,
cheaper, more compact and proof against most impacts, and best of all
you can build it yourself out of simple components. So what do I need a
periscope for?

steve46au wrote:
> Euan Wrote:
> > Watching Beyond Tomorrow and they had a piece on a rear view motorcycle
> > helmet, the Reevu.
> >
> > From what I gather it uses the same principles as periscopes to get the
> > view from behind, which I think is pretty cool :)
> >
> > Wonder if this tech could ever manifest in cycle helmets?
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Euan

Done in 2003, not yet hitting the streets

http://nomoresocks.newscientist.com/products/product/92/ReevuCycleHelmet.htm

In article <[email protected]>,
Euan <[email protected]> wrote:

> Wonder if this tech could ever manifest in cycle helmets?

It was; they were covered in cycling magazines, oh, at least a year ago
or so. The main complaint was weight.

In fact it looks like these motorcycle helmets are the company's Plan B.

--
Shane Stanley

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:12:42 GMT, Euan <[email protected]> wrote:

>Wonder if this tech could ever manifest in cycle helmets?

I saw a brouchure for one three years back and thought lacks
ventilation for summer. Sweat could be a problem.

On 2006-06-14, PiledHigher (aka Bruce)

> steve46au wrote:
>> Euan Wrote:
>> > Watching Beyond Tomorrow and they had a piece on a rear view motorcycle
>> > helmet, the Reevu.
>> >
>> > From what I gather it uses the same principles as periscopes to get the
>> > view from behind, which I think is pretty cool :)
>> >
>> > Wonder if this tech could ever manifest in cycle helmets?

> Done in 2003, not yet hitting the streets
>
> http://nomoresocks.newscientist.com/products/product/92/ReevuCycleHelmet.htm

"it was aimed at competitive and professional cyclists, to keep an eye
on the competition". Whilst I may have looked a little dorky last
crits, not having remembered to take off my battery pack, I have yet
to be brave enough to wear my helmet mirror. I do regularly use it on
the BR though, and love to make sure that I don't miss the jump when
GPL takes off.

--
TimC
"It was eleven more than neccessary."