OT RR Snow/Traffic/Bob Mould

Bill Wheeler

Guest
We just got about 6-8 inches of snow this morning. I knew my commute to work what going to be a
grueling, 2 hour, beltway, sh!tty drive. Well I better make the best of it. So I looked through some
old CD's and found the best thing that ever came out of the 80's, musically anyway.

Bob Mould's Workbook. Sweet, I should be able to listen to this about two times on my trip in to,
The Man In The Yellow Hat's realm.

Shoveled the drive and neighbors walk, waited for my neighbor to plow the street.

Sweet I'm on my way, Workbook blasting, sounding fVcking phenomenal! Haven't listened to it
in 10 years.

Hey, what's this? No traffic? SH!T! 30 minutes and I'm at the door, FVCK! Guess who took a long
lunch to finish listening to jams?

Peace, Bill(Workbook Is The BOMB!)Wheeler

:-]

Bill Wheeler wrote:
> We just got about 6-8 inches of snow this morning. I knew my commute to work what going to be a
> grueling, 2 hour, beltway, sh!tty drive. Well I better make the best of it. So I looked through
> some old CD's and found the best thing that ever came out of the 80's, musically anyway.
>
> Bob Mould's Workbook. Sweet, I should be able to listen to this about two times on my trip in to,
> The Man In The Yellow Hat's realm.

Hmm, reminds me, I really need to pick up a copy of Copper Blue by Sugar. Saw him in concert in
about '93/'94 and he'd forgotten all the words to his songs. Well impressed.

"Darsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was not gone long I know, but it felt like an eternity.
>
> This post I am certain, will not be for the faint of heart. I plan on holding nothing back...
>
> Here we go.

<snip>

> I was incorrect. She began talking about needles. I rolled my eyes up
and
> wanted to die. I spoke of needles and the possibility of great pain. The lump was not associated
> with my anus, but it as between the scrotum and
the
> anus. The needle would not be in my anus; was it consolation? I did not feel very well. I began
> muttering.

<snip>

Darsh,

Glad your back and okay. Nothing hits you like a reality check that huh?

BTW, the medical term for the area you speak of is the 'taint. ('taint your ass, 'taint your balls)

Lance

bomba wrote:
> Bill Wheeler wrote:
>> We just got about 6-8 inches of snow this morning. I knew my commute to work what going to be a
>> grueling, 2 hour, beltway, sh!tty drive. Well I better make the best of it. So I looked through
>> some old CD's and found the best thing that ever came out of the 80's, musically anyway.
>>
>> Bob Mould's Workbook. Sweet, I should be able to listen to this about two times on my trip in to,
>> The Man In The Yellow Hat's realm.
>
> Hmm, reminds me, I really need to pick up a copy of Copper Blue by Sugar. Saw him in concert in
> about '93/'94 and he'd forgotten all the words to his songs. Well impressed.

this reminds me: I am stuck with either CD's or really bad play list radio and I need some new music
to listen to while I work. I've got a pretty wide set of muscial taste, and I am very open to
suggestions, CD's or files to look for .

Would it help if I made a list of the ten last Cd's or so I burned for myself?

Penny

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 18:49:19 -0800, Penny S. wrote:

> this reminds me: I am stuck with either CD's or really bad play list radio and I need some new
> music to listen to while I work. I've got a pretty wide set of muscial taste, and I am very open
> to suggestions, CD's or files to look for .
>
> Would it help if I made a list of the ten last Cd's or so I burned for myself?

At least say what you're looking for in music to work by. I have to avoid anything with English
lyrics. Then again, I can't imagine too many people wanting to listen to the stuff I listen to.

BB wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 18:49:19 -0800, Penny S. wrote:
>
>> this reminds me: I am stuck with either CD's or really bad play list radio and I need some new
>> music to listen to while I work. I've got a pretty wide set of muscial taste, and I am very open
>> to suggestions, CD's or files to look for .
>>
>> Would it help if I made a list of the ten last Cd's or so I burned for myself?
>
> At least say what you're looking for in music to work by. I have to avoid anything with English
> lyrics. Then again, I can't imagine too many people wanting to listen to the stuff I listen to.

Hawaiin guitar is pretty cool.

Ok, taste ranges from Celtic to Latin to Blues to Rock. Last few Cd's I burned or listened to were
mixes by Nickle Creek, Bonnie Raitt, Indigo Girls... Other recent listens include Keb' Mo,
Pretenders, Beuna Vista Social Club, Sons of Champlain, Al Green, Big Head Todd,... you see almost
anything goes.

P.

Penny S. wrote:

> Ok, taste ranges from Celtic to Latin to Blues to Rock. Last few Cd's I burned or listened to were
> mixes by Nickle Creek, Bonnie Raitt, Indigo Girls... Other recent listens include Keb' Mo,
> Pretenders, Beuna Vista Social Club, Sons of Champlain, Al Green, Big Head Todd,... you see almost
> anything goes.

The one band that I've introduced to people that seems to be universally enjoyed is Ben Folds Five.
Ben Folds has gone solo now, and his first album was pretty good too.

I started out at 5 am on my way to the salt mine with a inch of dry snow. No traffic and the roads
were easy but a little harder pedaling. At 2 pm it was a mess of packed snow. So I looked for the
virgin snow and rode on and when there wasn't any it was a counter steer hell. I got home the bike
was dripping black muck so off it went to the shower. Now its a walk down the street to the rental
office to pick up some tools of the trade for my part time job. The pusses aren't there maybe they
went home early. They work 9 to 5 any way and most of the time they can't make that. Come to find
out they never came in. Well I made it with out their help by the skin of my teeth. 6 inches of snow
in a 12 hour or so period is to much for a driver with 4 wheels under them to go to work. What a
joke Puss in boots in the snow. Its not like they didn't clear the roads.

Fire up MTB 03

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 19:35:45 -0800, Penny S. wrote:

> Hawaiin guitar is pretty cool.

"Black Sand" by Led Kaapana is great stuff. "Soliloquy - Ka Leo O Loko" by Keola Beamer is really
pretty stress-reducing stuff.

> Ok, taste ranges from Celtic to Latin to Blues to Rock.

There's a great CD called "Romantica de Cuba" that can be had for about six bux. I've always liked
Gloria Estefan's "Mi Tierra", even though some don't consider it "real" Cuban music.

Get > Last few Cd's I burned or listened to were mixes by Nickle Creek, Bonnie
> Raitt, Indigo Girls... Other recent listens include Keb' Mo, Pretenders, Beuna Vista Social Club,
> Sons of Champlain, Al Green, Big Head Todd,... you see almost anything goes.

A compilation of 70's Soul (Al Green, Sly & the Family Stone, Staple Singers, etc) would be great
listening.

Bob Mould is OK. He came out of the closet, though, and got snubbed by the F'd up record industry.
If you like his stuff, go back a little further to Husker Du, every album rocks. Greg Miller

[email protected] (Bikerecker) wrote :
> Bob Mould is OK. He came out of the closet, though, and got snubbed by the F'd up record industry.
> If you like his stuff, go back a little further to Husker Du, every album rocks. Greg Miller

I didn't know that (about the industry, that is, I knew he came out). Huskers rule. New Day Rising
and Zen Arcade were the ****. Wow, Zen Arcade is almost 20 years old. I wish I hadn't realized that.

Ben