OT: Scrambled messages

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Westie, Dec 28, 2004.

  1. Westie

    Westie Guest

    Is it just me and my server, or are a lot of the messages here scrambled
    and asadfnk fkks°O±o..«e®y¬O¨S¦³¨àµ£¦w¥þÂꪺ..
    > : ¨àµ£¦w¥þÂê..¤@©w³£¬O¦b«á®yªùÃä¤W..
    > : ¥u¯à±qªù¥~¶}..¨®¤ºµLªk¶}±

    - -
    Westi¤Þ­z¡[email protected] (©¯ºÖªº·

    Tags:

  2. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    "Westie" wrote in message ...
    > Is it just me and my server, or are a lot of the messages here scrambled
    > and asadfnk fkks°O±o..«e®y¬O¨S¦³¨àµ£¦w¥þÂꪺ..
    > > : ¨àµ£¦w¥þÂê..¤@©w³£¬O¦b«á®yªùÃä¤W..
    > > : ¥u¯à±qªù¥~¶}..¨®¤ºµLªk¶}±

    > - -
    > Westi¤Þ­z¡[email protected] (©¯ºÖªº·

    Just you, or at least not me

    Parbs

  3. mark

    mark Guest

    "Parbs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Westie" wrote in message ...
    > > Is it just me and my server, or are a lot of the messages here scrambled
    > > and asadfnk fkks°O±o..«e®y¬O¨S¦³¨àµ£¦w¥þÂꪺ..
    > > > : ¨àµ£¦w¥þÂê..¤@©w³£¬O¦b«á®yªùÃä¤W..
    > > > : ¥u¯à±qªù¥~¶}..¨®¤ºµLªk¶}±

    > > - -
    > > Westi¤Þ­z¡[email protected] (©¯ºÖªº·

    > Just you, or at least not me
    >
    > Parbs

    I'm good too.

  4. "mark" <[email protected]> wrote let it be known in
    news:eek:[email protected]:

    >> "Westie" wrote in message ...
    >> > Is it just me and my server, or are a lot of the
    >> > messages here scrambled and asadfnk
    >> > fkksøOño..®e©yªOùSÝüù…æœÝw¾ç¶ˆ¦§..
    >> > - -
    >> > WestiÏèðz­[email protected] (¸î§™¦§ú

    The above is a post in a foreign language. You don't have the
    character set needed to display it properly, so you see
    'garbage'.

    The clue is the top level domain of '.tw', which is Taiwan. You
    probably aren't missing much, since most of the foreign language
    posts originating from that TLD are spam.

    --

    Curt Bousquet

    Road & Mtn. biking in Southern VT and Western Mass.

    My 2004 bike log:
    http://www.scanline.com/bikelog/2004.html

  5. Westie

    Westie Guest

    Curt Bousquet wrote:
    > "mark" <[email protected]> wrote let it be known in
    > news:eek:[email protected]:

    > The above is a post in a foreign language. You don't have the
    > character set needed to display it properly, so you see
    > 'garbage'.
    >
    > The clue is the top level domain of '.tw', which is Taiwan. You
    > probably aren't missing much, since most of the foreign language
    > posts originating from that TLD are spam.

    Well, given that I didn't post in a foreign language I find it a little
    peculiar that my message shows up with this stuff. What about the ones
    that aren't in a foreign language?
    I can understand some that seem to have quoted a message and are
    actually pages of rubbish quoted from some literature from somewhere -
    that's just a bot doing that I suppose. But some of the stuff including
    the (apparently) xmsgcancelled stuff and really random characters is
    just bizzare. Could a virus have corrupted my news-server data?
    --
    Westie