OT: Scrambled messages

Westie

Guest
Is it just me and my server, or are a lot of the messages here scrambled
and asadfnk fkks°O±o..«e®y¬O¨S¦³¨àµ£¦w¥þÂꪺ..
> : ¨àµ£¦w¥þÂê..¤@©w³£¬O¦b«á®yªùÃä¤W..
> : ¥u¯à±qªù¥~¶}..¨®¤ºµLªk¶}±

- -
Westi¤Þ­z¡[email protected] (©¯ºÖªº·

"Westie" wrote in message ...
> Is it just me and my server, or are a lot of the messages here scrambled
> and asadfnk fkks°O±o..«e®y¬O¨S¦³¨àµ£¦w¥þÂꪺ..
> > : ¨àµ£¦w¥þÂê..¤@©w³£¬O¦b«á®yªùÃä¤W..
> > : ¥u¯à±qªù¥~¶}..¨®¤ºµLªk¶}±

> - -
> Westi¤Þ­z¡[email protected] (©¯ºÖªº·

Just you, or at least not me

Parbs

"Parbs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Westie" wrote in message ...
> > Is it just me and my server, or are a lot of the messages here scrambled
> > and asadfnk fkks°O±o..«e®y¬O¨S¦³¨àµ£¦w¥þÂꪺ..
> > > : ¨àµ£¦w¥þÂê..¤@©w³£¬O¦b«á®yªùÃä¤W..
> > > : ¥u¯à±qªù¥~¶}..¨®¤ºµLªk¶}±

> > - -
> > Westi¤Þ­z¡[email protected] (©¯ºÖªº·

> Just you, or at least not me
>
> Parbs

I'm good too.

"mark" <[email protected]> wrote let it be known in
news:eek:[email protected]:

>> "Westie" wrote in message ...
>> > Is it just me and my server, or are a lot of the
>> > messages here scrambled and asadfnk
>> > fkksøOño..®e©yªOùSÝüù…æœÝw¾ç¶ˆ¦§..
>> > - -
>> > WestiÏèðz­[email protected] (¸î§™¦§ú

The above is a post in a foreign language. You don't have the
character set needed to display it properly, so you see
'garbage'.

The clue is the top level domain of '.tw', which is Taiwan. You
probably aren't missing much, since most of the foreign language
posts originating from that TLD are spam.

--

Curt Bousquet

Road & Mtn. biking in Southern VT and Western Mass.

My 2004 bike log:
http://www.scanline.com/bikelog/2004.html

Curt Bousquet wrote:
> "mark" <[email protected]> wrote let it be known in
> news:eek:[email protected]:

> The above is a post in a foreign language. You don't have the
> character set needed to display it properly, so you see
> 'garbage'.
>
> The clue is the top level domain of '.tw', which is Taiwan. You
> probably aren't missing much, since most of the foreign language
> posts originating from that TLD are spam.

Well, given that I didn't post in a foreign language I find it a little
peculiar that my message shows up with this stuff. What about the ones
that aren't in a foreign language?
I can understand some that seem to have quoted a message and are
actually pages of rubbish quoted from some literature from somewhere -
that's just a bot doing that I suppose. But some of the stuff including
the (apparently) xmsgcancelled stuff and really random characters is
just bizzare. Could a virus have corrupted my news-server data?
--
Westie