OT: Seagulls vs Steelers?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Andy, Feb 5, 2006.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    OK, Seahawks vs Steelers?

    Steelers!

    Andy

    Philadelphia Eagles have also been called Seagulls and they've deserved it,
    since I moved here anyway, imho. Should I should move??

    Honduras!?? Por favor, con su permisso, deseo escuchar el corazon?

    Tags:

  2. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "Andy" <q> wrote

    > OK, Seahawks vs Steelers?
    >
    > Steelers!

    How can I put this ... the steelers bamn well detter win!

    'nuff said.

    nancy

  3. Jazzy

    Jazzy Guest

    "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> wrote in news:ds5lh2$67h$1
    @news.monmouth.com:

    > "Andy" <q> wrote
    >
    >> OK, Seahawks vs Steelers?
    >>
    >> Steelers!

    > How can I put this ... the steelers bamn well detter win!
    >
    > 'nuff said.

    GO THE HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:
    > "Andy" <q> wrote
    >
    > > OK, Seahawks vs Steelers?
    > >
    > > Steelers!

    > How can I put this ... the steelers bamn well detter win!
    >
    > 'nuff said.

    You might be in trouble, I got $5 on the Steelers, and I rarely win
    bets on sporting events, all I can hope is that you do. Someone I know
    called not 20 minutes ago and asked who I wanted, I said you pick for
    me, I didn't even know who's playing, truth. I think my memory somehow
    recalls the Steelers are from Pittsburgh. (there's an association
    there). But I've not a clue about the Seahawks, never heard of them,
    didn't even know there was such a basketball team.

  5. Switch

    Switch Guest

    Andy wrote:

    > Honduras!?? Por favor, con su permisso, deseo escuchar el corazon?

    I got $100.00 on the Seahawks, and $50.00 on the Steelers

    I can't lose, Im going to win something!

    and the odds well cover my losses

  6. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Nancy Young wrote:

    >> How can I put this ... the steelers bamn well detter win!
    >>
    >> 'nuff said.

    > You might be in trouble, I got $5 on the Steelers, and I rarely win
    > bets on sporting events, all I can hope is that you do.

    (laugh)

    > Someone I know
    > called not 20 minutes ago and asked who I wanted, I said you pick for
    > me, I didn't even know who's playing, truth. I think my memory somehow
    > recalls the Steelers are from Pittsburgh. (there's an association
    > there). But I've not a clue about the Seahawks, never heard of them,
    > didn't even know there was such a basketball team.

    Silly boy, we're talking about bowling.

    nancy

  7. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    They're not Seagulls, they're Chickenhawks, I say, I say, son,
    You're a, I say, you're a chickenhawk boy....a chickenhawk!

    -sw

  8. Nancy Young wrote on 05 Feb 2006 in rec.food.cooking

    > Silly boy, we're talking about bowling.
    >
    > nancy

    lawn or lane?

    --
    The eyes are the mirrors....
    But the ears...Ah the ears.

  9. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Nancy Young wrote:
    > "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    > > Nancy Young wrote:

    > >> How can I put this ... the steelers bamn well detter win!
    > >>
    > >> 'nuff said.

    > > You might be in trouble, I got $5 on the Steelers, and I rarely win
    > > bets on sporting events, all I can hope is that you do.

    > (laugh)
    >
    > > Someone I know
    > > called not 20 minutes ago and asked who I wanted, I said you pick for
    > > me, I didn't even know who's playing, truth. I think my memory somehow
    > > recalls the Steelers are from Pittsburgh. (there's an association
    > > there). But I've not a clue about the Seahawks, never heard of them,
    > > didn't even know there was such a basketball team.

    > Silly boy, we're talking about bowling.

    Ah, then we got a good chance, I got a pair big enough for both of us!
    ;)

  10. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On 5 Feb 2006 14:39:52 -0800, "Switch" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I got $100.00 on the Seahawks, and $50.00 on the Steelers
    >I can't lose, Im going to win something!
    >and the odds well cover my losses

    You must be studying that "New Math" my mother always talked about
    when I needed help with my homework.

    Drunkard.

    -sw

  11. sf

    sf Guest

    On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 16:50:13 -0600, Steve Wertz wrote:

    > They're not Seagulls, they're Chickenhawks, I say, I say, son,
    > You're a, I say, you're a chickenhawk boy....a chickenhawk!

    Hubby says Seattle should have won. He didn't have a stake in it
    (neither one was our home team), so I believe him. Bad umpiring he
    says, predjudiced he says.... I dunno. I don't watch that stuff.

  12. : Andy wrote:

    : > Honduras!?? Por favor, con su permisso, deseo escuchar el corazon?

    : I got $100.00 on the Seahawks, and $50.00 on the Steelers

    : I can't lose, Im going to win something!

    : and the odds well cover my losses

    Looks like you lose $50.00!!! You didn't win squat.

  13. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

    >Hubby says Seattle should have won. He didn't have a stake in it
    >(neither one was our home team), so I believe him. Bad umpiring he
    >says, predjudiced he says.... I dunno. I don't watch that stuff.

    They don't call them the "Stealers" for nothin'!

    The Seahawks got screwed on bad calls throughout the game that greatly
    set them back but most notably the Darrel Jackson pass interference
    that should've been a touchdown.
    Lastly, Roethlisberger's touchdown was no touchdown as anyone with
    half an eyeball watching the review could see.
    lame game + lame commercials + lame half-time show ='s lame Superbowl.

    kev

  14. Cindy Fuller

    Cindy Fuller Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 16:50:13 -0600, Steve Wertz wrote:
    >
    > > They're not Seagulls, they're Chickenhawks, I say, I say, son,
    > > You're a, I say, you're a chickenhawk boy....a chickenhawk!
    > >

    > Hubby says Seattle should have won. He didn't have a stake in it
    > (neither one was our home team), so I believe him. Bad umpiring he
    > says, predjudiced he says.... I dunno. I don't watch that stuff.

    We were robbed. Even Skip Bayless, known toady for the Dallas Cowboys,
    agreed.

    However, we had a fine spread at our house. SO made chili and baked
    beans. Neighbor grilled up Boar's Head hot dogs. We also had sushi,
    assorted snacks, chips, beer, wine, and sparkling seltzer. Even SO's
    mother enjoyed herself.

    As the Chicago Cubs have been saying for nigh onto 100 years, wait until
    next year.

    Cindy

    --
    C.J. Fuller

    Delete the obvious to email me

  15. SD

    SD Guest

    Cindy Fuller wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > sf <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 16:50:13 -0600, Steve Wertz wrote:
    > >
    > > > They're not Seagulls, they're Chickenhawks, I say, I say, son,
    > > > You're a, I say, you're a chickenhawk boy....a chickenhawk!
    > > >

    > > Hubby says Seattle should have won. He didn't have a stake in it
    > > (neither one was our home team), so I believe him. Bad umpiring he
    > > says, predjudiced he says.... I dunno. I don't watch that stuff.

    > We were robbed. Even Skip Bayless, known toady for the Dallas Cowboys,
    > agreed.

    We watched it on ESPN Latin America, in Spanish. Even THOSE announcers
    agreed the Seahawks were robbed. It's hard to win when your team has
    the offense, defense and special teams while the other team has the
    offense, defense, special teams, and referees.

    SD