OT Segway working for Al Qaida?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, Jun 14, 2003.

  1. R.White

    R.White Guest

  2. RetracRedloh

    RetracRedloh New Member

    Joined:
    May 7, 2003
    Personally, I think that the Segway at $5000 a pop will never be more than a rich kids' toy. It's seriously aimed at the "Sharper Image" and "Hammacher Schlemmer" crowd. The inventor said the thing would "revolutionize" transportation. Not at THAT flippin' price! You could buy >500< cheap discount store bikes for that!

  3. "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "R.White"
    >
    > > Check out the Segway Type R! It's all the rage with the Fast & Furious crowd!]
    > >
    > > http://hibp.ecse.rpi.edu/~connor/segway-r.jpg
    >
    > Well it needs a pair of furry dice but apart from that it looks the business. :)

    FURRY DICE FOR SALE!

    fits Segway, cars, trucks, SUVs, and even TerraTrikes! (I had to get it back ON topic!) ;-)

    Kragen Auto has 'em.

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  4. Mlb

    Mlb Guest

    RetracRedloh <[email protected]> wrote in news:3eec9811$1_1 @news.chariot.net.au:

    > Personally, I think that the Segway at $5000 a pop will never be more than a rich kids' toy. It's
    > seriously aimed at the "Sharper Image" and "Hammacher Schlemmer" crowd. The inventor said the
    > thing would "revolutionize" transportation. Not at THAT flippin' price! You could buy >500< cheap
    > discount store bikes for that!

    The idea was that mass production would bring the price down, as it does for most things that make
    it to that stage.

  5. Didn't the manufacturers say that "only a real idiot can fall off a Segway"?

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  6. Mlb

    Mlb Guest

  7. Nathan

    Nathan Guest

    ===============================
    > The idea was that mass production would bring the price down, as it does for most things that make
    > it to that stage.
    The least of anyone concern is the price. More to the point, as complicated a beast as the Segway
    is, who is going to perform the service and at what price? After wear and tear set in, imagine the
    problems a intermittent, faulty control cable would cause and would you want to be on it when it
    went mittent??

  8. Seth Jayson

    Seth Jayson Guest

    He won't wear it. You think that logic and syntax comes from a lifetime of using and protecting
    one's brain?