OT SIM Cards

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Michael Hobby, Jan 15, 2006.

  1. Can anyone tell me the best way to dispose of an unwanted SIM Card please?

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Michael Hobby
    <[email protected]> writes
    >Can anyone tell me the best way to dispose of an unwanted SIM Card please?

    If it is still registered with a network call their customer support and
    get it cancelled. Then cut it in two.

    --

    Dominic Sexton

  3. Mike P

    Mike P Guest

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:53:26 -0000, "Michael Hobby"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    ... >Can anyone tell me the best way to dispose of an unwanted SIM Card please?
    ... >

    Swallow it and dial the number

    Mike P

  4. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > Can anyone tell me the best way to dispose of an unwanted SIM Card please?

    ???

    --
    To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
    where common sense dictates.

  5. JR

    JR Guest

    Just me or am I missing something with this question - like what the hell
    its got to do with walking :)

    "Michael Hobby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Can anyone tell me the best way to dispose of an unwanted SIM Card please?

  6. On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 17:35:35 -0000, "JR" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Just me or am I missing something with this question - like what the hell
    >its got to do with walking :)

    "OT" = "Off Topic" :)

    --
    Oppose ID cards and the database state - sign the pledge at
    http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse

  7. Alan Holmes

    Alan Holmes Guest

    "Michael Hobby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Can anyone tell me the best way to dispose of an unwanted SIM Card please?

    Remind me what is a SIM card?

    Alan

  8. Bitstring <[email protected]>, from the
    wonderful person Alan Holmes <[email protected]> said

    >"Michael Hobby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> Can anyone tell me the best way to dispose of an unwanted SIM Card please?
    >>

    >Remind me what is a SIM card?

    The 'personality' card in a mobile phone that tells the network(s) who
    you are. As for disposing of it, if the OP meant 'get rid of' then just
    cut it in half and stick it in the bin. They're reasonably fragile. If
    they meant 'sell it on to someone who wants to pretend to be you' then I
    bet there's a roaring trade on Ebay (unless it's illegal this week).

    --
    GSV Three Minds in a Can