OT: Smack the Penguin

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Jmcquown, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work
    have a competition going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows
    the status of our wide-area network, stats on our many servers, etc. And
    across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit the penguin how
    far! :)

    http://meph.eu.org/

    Jill

    Tags:

  2. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    jmcquown wrote:

    > If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
    > going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network, stats
    > on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit the
    > penguin how far! :)
    >
    > http://meph.eu.org/
    >
    > Jill

    Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
    http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf

    --
    Steve

  3. Steve Calvin wrote:
    > jmcquown wrote:
    >
    >> If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
    >> going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network, stats
    >> on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit the
    >> penguin how far! :)
    >>
    >> http://meph.eu.org/
    >>
    >> Jill
    >>

    > Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
    > http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf

    A bunch of sadists. Shame on you. Do you want PETA to get after you two? The poor Penguin. You
    better prepare a whole lot of fish for him, when he is done being thrashed.

  4. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Margaret Suran wrote:
    > Steve Calvin wrote:
    >> jmcquown wrote:
    >>
    >>> If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
    >>> going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network,
    >>> stats on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit
    >>> the penguin how far! :)
    >>>
    >>> http://meph.eu.org/
    >>>
    >>> Jill
    >>>

    >> Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
    >> http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
    >>
    > A bunch of sadists. Shame on you. Do you want PETA to get after you two? The poor Penguin. You
    > better prepare a whole lot of fish for him, when he is done being thrashed.

    Got tons and tons of tins of sardines for the penguin! <G>

    Jill

  5. Orion

    Orion Guest

    > If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition going.
    > We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network, stats on our
    > many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit the penguin
    how
    > far! :)
    >
    > http://meph.eu.org/
    >
    > Jill

    Here's an url for a faster version. http://laget.kicks-ass.net/pingvin/pingu4.swf Punt that baby out
    of the park. My last score was 3315.8. When I first saw this I thought you were referring to this
    ---->> http://games.on-lineuk.com/includes/games/games.asp?which=SpankMini.dcr

    Suzan

  6. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Steve Calvin wrote:
    > jmcquown wrote:
    >
    >> If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
    >> going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network, stats
    >> on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit the
    >> penguin how far! :)
    >>
    >> http://meph.eu.org/
    >>
    >> Jill
    >>

    > Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
    > http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf

    That's a Yeti, not a Goon! (laughing)

  7. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] wrote:

    > jmcquown wrote:
    >
    > > If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
    > > going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network,
    > > stats on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit
    > > the penguin how far! :)
    > >
    > > http://meph.eu.org/
    > >
    > > Jill
    > >

    > Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
    > http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf

    Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900. Too
    much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the time
    while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1-31-04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
    true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

  8. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> jmcquown wrote:
    >>
    >>> If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
    >>> going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network,
    >>> stats on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit
    >>> the penguin how far! :)
    >>>
    >>> http://meph.eu.org/
    >>>
    >>> Jill
    >>>

    >> Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
    >> http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
    >

    > Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
    > Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
    > time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.

    Must make sure everyone is playing on the same "ground" at the office!

    Hot chocolate sounds good. Barb,did you see that on the cover of the Penzey's catalog? I want one of
    those smiley mugs! <G> The recipe for tuna steak recipe with a soy and ginger sauce also looked
    great, although I doubt I'm going to cut tuna steaks into heart shapes.

    Jill(sie)

  9. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> jmcquown wrote:
    >>
    >> > If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
    >> > going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network,
    >> > stats on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit
    >> > the penguin how far! :)
    >> >
    >> > http://meph.eu.org/
    >> >
    >> > Jill
    >> >

    >> Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
    >> http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
    >

    > Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
    > Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
    > time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.

    It feels like spring here. 27 degrees and SUNNY! Rob is only getting hot chocolate? What a
    scrooge you are. You could at least make some cinnamon rolls for him. All that hard work, using
    the snow blower.

    Michael <- gets out of shoveling and snow blowing this season tee hee hee...

    --
    "The carp was dead, killed, assassinated, murdered in the first, second and third degree. Limp, I
    fell into a chair, with my hands still unwashed reached for a cigarette, lighted it, and waited for

  10. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
    >

    >>jmcquown wrote:
    >>

    >>>If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
    >>>going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network, stats
    >>>on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit the
    >>>penguin how far! :)
    >>>
    >>>http://meph.eu.org/
    >>>
    >>>Jill
    >>>

    >>Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
    >>http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
    >

    > Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
    > Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
    > time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.

    Lol, I know whatcha mean about too much time... the thing's addictive. The "known" record so
    far is 1218.2

    As for the white cr*p, keep it there. We're actually above freezing for the first time that I can
    remember! :)

    --
    Steve

  11. In article <[email protected]>, Dog3
    <[email protected];not> wrote:

    > > Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
    > > Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
    > > time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.
    >
    > It feels like spring here. 27 degrees and SUNNY! Rob is only getting hot chocolate? What a
    > scrooge you are. You could at least make some cinnamon rolls for him. All that hard work, using
    > the snow blower.
    >
    > Michael <- gets out of shoveling and snow blowing this season tee hee hee...

    It was a coffee-chocolate-Bailey's combination. Improved his disposition considerably. :) Might
    have to do another for him; he's working his magic on the patio right now -- with a shovel. At least
    it's light snow (rather than heavy).
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1-31-04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
    true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

  12. On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 10:26:40 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
    <[email protected]> arranged random neurons, so they looked
    like this:

    >Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
    >Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the time
    >while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.

    My personal best was 972.8 after 4 tries (took 3 tries to figure out that you have to click *before*
    the penguin gets near the whateveritis (Bigfoot?).

    Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd...havin' a lazy Sunday afternoon AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

    "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
    bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner." Anonymous.

    To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

  13. Bookwyrm

    Bookwyrm Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, Dog3 <[email protected];not> wrote:
    >

    >>>Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
    >>>Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
    >>>time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.
    >>
    >>It feels like spring here. 27 degrees and SUNNY! Rob is only getting hot chocolate? What a
    >>scrooge you are. You could at least make some cinnamon rolls for him. All that hard work, using
    >>the snow blower.
    >>
    >>Michael <- gets out of shoveling and snow blowing this season tee hee hee...
    >

    > It was a coffee-chocolate-Bailey's combination. Improved his disposition considerably. :) Might
    > have to do another for him; he's working his magic on the patio right now -- with a shovel. At
    > least it's light snow (rather than heavy).

    Stock up, Barb. I just heard -- 2-4 inches more tonight, 4-6 inches tomorrow. Bleah!

    'wyrm

  14. In article <[email protected]>, Bookwyrm <[email protected]> wrote: (snip)
    > > It was a coffee-chocolate-Bailey's combination. Improved his disposition considerably. :) Might
    > > have to do another for him; he's working his magic on the patio right now -- with a shovel. At
    > > least it's light snow (rather than heavy).
    >

    > Stock up, Barb. I just heard -- 2-4 inches more tonight, 4-6 inches tomorrow. Bleah! 'wyrm

    Ah'm ready! The second cup (after the patio and the roof) was with Amaretto instead of Bailey's.
    --
    -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1-31-04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
    true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

  15. Sf

    Sf Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > > jmcquown wrote:
    > > >
    > > > http://meph.eu.org/
    > > >
    > > > Jill
    > > >

    > > Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
    > > http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
    >

    > Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
    > Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
    > time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.

    Has anyone ever gotten that penguin snowball fight thing (it made the rounds before christmas)?

    I didn't understand it last year and I didn't understand it this year either. It appeared to be a
    game that the viewer wasn't allowed to play.

  16. Katra

    Katra Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 10:26:40 -0600, Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > > Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
    > > > http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
    > >

    > > Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over
    > > 900. Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this
    > > passes the time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he
    > > comes in.
    >
    > Has anyone ever gotten that penguin snowball fight thing (it made the rounds before christmas)?
    >
    > I didn't understand it last year and I didn't understand it this year either. It appeared to be a
    > game that the viewer wasn't allowed to play.
    >

    > Practice safe eating - always use condiments

    I'm sure it's not any worse that this:

    http://www.urban75.com/Mag/bubble.html

    Enjoy!

    K.

    --
    Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

    >,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<[email protected]>,,<

  17. "Steve Calvin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Melba's Jammin' wrote:

    > >>Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
    > >>http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
    > >

    > > Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
    > > Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
    > > time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.
    >
    > Lol, I know whatcha mean about too much time... the thing's addictive. The "known" record so far
    > is 1218.2
    >
    > As for the white cr*p, keep it there. We're actually above freezing for the first time that I can
    > remember! :)
    >
    > --
    > Steve
    1224.1 Ta-dah! janet

  18. Connieg999

    Connieg999 Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "jmcquown"
    <[email protected]> writes:

    >If you don't care for football, try this.

    Here's my favorite, VERY un-PC time-waster: http://website.lineone.net/~sheepcull/

    Somewhere on the site is a disclaimer that no sheep were harmed, they are all stunt sheep. (G)

    Connie
    My mind is like a steel...um, whatchamacallit.

  19. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    ConnieG999 wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, "jmcquown"
    > <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    >> If you don't care for football, try this.
    >
    > Here's my favorite, VERY un-PC time-waster: http://website.lineone.net/~sheepcull/
    >
    > Somewhere on the site is a disclaimer that no sheep were harmed, they are all stunt sheep. (G)
    >
    > Connie

    Do I get to keep the mutton? I'm thinking a nice stew with potatoes... ;)

  20. In article <[email protected]>, "Janet Bostwick" <[email protected]>
    wrote: (snip)

    > > > Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over
    > > > 900. Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this
    > > > passes the time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he
    > > > comes in.
    > >
    > > Lol, I know whatcha mean about too much time... the thing's addictive. The "known" record so far
    > > is 1218.2
    > >
    > > As for the white cr*p, keep it there. We're actually above freezing for the first time that I
    > > can remember! :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Steve
    > 1224.1 Ta-dah! janet

    well, ain'tchu speshul! <g> I had 1203 or a little more. OB Food: Don't eat the yellow snow.