OT: Smack the Penguin

Jmcquown

Guest
If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work
have a competition going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows
the status of our wide-area network, stats on our many servers, etc. And
across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit the penguin how
far! :)

http://meph.eu.org/

Jill

jmcquown wrote:

> If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
> going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network, stats
> on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit the
> penguin how far! :)
>
> http://meph.eu.org/
>
> Jill

Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf

--
Steve

Steve Calvin wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
>> going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network, stats
>> on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit the
>> penguin how far! :)
>>
>> http://meph.eu.org/
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
> http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf

A bunch of sadists. Shame on you. Do you want PETA to get after you two? The poor Penguin. You
better prepare a whole lot of fish for him, when he is done being thrashed.

Margaret Suran wrote:
> Steve Calvin wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
>>> going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network,
>>> stats on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit
>>> the penguin how far! :)
>>>
>>> http://meph.eu.org/
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
>> http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
>>
> A bunch of sadists. Shame on you. Do you want PETA to get after you two? The poor Penguin. You
> better prepare a whole lot of fish for him, when he is done being thrashed.

Got tons and tons of tins of sardines for the penguin! <G>

Jill

> If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition going.
> We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network, stats on our
> many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit the penguin
how
> far! :)
>
> http://meph.eu.org/
>
> Jill

Here's an url for a faster version. http://laget.kicks-ass.net/pingvin/pingu4.swf Punt that baby out
of the park. My last score was 3315.8. When I first saw this I thought you were referring to this
---->> http://games.on-lineuk.com/includes/games/games.asp?which=SpankMini.dcr

Suzan

Steve Calvin wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
>> going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network, stats
>> on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit the
>> penguin how far! :)
>>
>> http://meph.eu.org/
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
> http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf

That's a Yeti, not a Goon! (laughing)

> jmcquown wrote:
>
> > If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
> > going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network,
> > stats on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit
> > the penguin how far! :)
> >
> > http://meph.eu.org/
> >
> > Jill
> >

> Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
> http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf

Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900. Too
much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the time
while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1-31-04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
>>> going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network,
>>> stats on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit
>>> the penguin how far! :)
>>>
>>> http://meph.eu.org/
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
>> http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
>

> Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
> Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
> time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.

Must make sure everyone is playing on the same "ground" at the office!

Hot chocolate sounds good. Barb,did you see that on the cover of the Penzey's catalog? I want one of
those smiley mugs! <G> The recipe for tuna steak recipe with a soy and ginger sauce also looked
great, although I doubt I'm going to cut tuna steaks into heart shapes.

Jill(sie)

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> > If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
>> > going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network,
>> > stats on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit
>> > the penguin how far! :)
>> >
>> > http://meph.eu.org/
>> >
>> > Jill
>> >

>> Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
>> http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
>

> Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
> Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
> time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.

It feels like spring here. 27 degrees and SUNNY! Rob is only getting hot chocolate? What a
scrooge you are. You could at least make some cinnamon rolls for him. All that hard work, using
the snow blower.

Michael <- gets out of shoveling and snow blowing this season tee hee hee...

--
"The carp was dead, killed, assassinated, murdered in the first, second and third degree. Limp, I
fell into a chair, with my hands still unwashed reached for a cigarette, lighted it, and waited for

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
>

>>jmcquown wrote:
>>

>>>If you don't care for football, try this. A number of us in I.T. at work have a competition
>>>going. We have a big plasma screen monitor which shows the status of our wide-area network, stats
>>>on our many servers, etc. And across the bottom they've added streaming scores of who hit the
>>>penguin how far! :)
>>>
>>>http://meph.eu.org/
>>>
>>>Jill
>>>

>>Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
>>http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
>

> Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
> Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
> time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.

Lol, I know whatcha mean about too much time... the thing's addictive. The "known" record so
far is 1218.2

As for the white cr*p, keep it there. We're actually above freezing for the first time that I can
remember! :)

--
Steve

In article <[email protected]>, Dog3
<dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:

> > Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
> > Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
> > time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.
>
> It feels like spring here. 27 degrees and SUNNY! Rob is only getting hot chocolate? What a
> scrooge you are. You could at least make some cinnamon rolls for him. All that hard work, using
> the snow blower.
>
> Michael <- gets out of shoveling and snow blowing this season tee hee hee...

It was a coffee-chocolate-Bailey's combination. Improved his disposition considerably. :) Might
have to do another for him; he's working his magic on the patio right now -- with a shovel. At least
it's light snow (rather than heavy).
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 1-31-04 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail; a
true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn,that was fun!"

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 10:26:40 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
<[email protected]> arranged random neurons, so they looked
like this:

>Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
>Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the time
>while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.

My personal best was 972.8 after 4 tries (took 3 tries to figure out that you have to click *before*
the penguin gets near the whateveritis (Bigfoot?).

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd...havin' a lazy Sunday afternoon AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote:
>

>>>Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
>>>Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
>>>time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.
>>
>>It feels like spring here. 27 degrees and SUNNY! Rob is only getting hot chocolate? What a
>>scrooge you are. You could at least make some cinnamon rolls for him. All that hard work, using
>>the snow blower.
>>
>>Michael <- gets out of shoveling and snow blowing this season tee hee hee...
>

> It was a coffee-chocolate-Bailey's combination. Improved his disposition considerably. :) Might
> have to do another for him; he's working his magic on the patio right now -- with a shovel. At
> least it's light snow (rather than heavy).

Stock up, Barb. I just heard -- 2-4 inches more tonight, 4-6 inches tomorrow. Bleah!

'wyrm

In article <[email protected]>, Bookwyrm <[email protected]> wrote: (snip)
> > It was a coffee-chocolate-Bailey's combination. Improved his disposition considerably. :) Might
> > have to do another for him; he's working his magic on the patio right now -- with a shovel. At
> > least it's light snow (rather than heavy).
>

> Stock up, Barb. I just heard -- 2-4 inches more tonight, 4-6 inches tomorrow. Bleah! 'wyrm

Ah'm ready! The second cup (after the patio and the roof) was with Amaretto instead of Bailey's.
--

<[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
>
> > jmcquown wrote:
> > >
> > > http://meph.eu.org/
> > >
> > > Jill
> > >

> > Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
> > http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
>

> Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
> Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
> time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.

Has anyone ever gotten that penguin snowball fight thing (it made the rounds before christmas)?

I didn't understand it last year and I didn't understand it this year either. It appeared to be a
game that the viewer wasn't allowed to play.

sf <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 10:26:40 -0600, Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
> > > http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
> >

> > Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over
> > 900. Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this
> > passes the time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he
> > comes in.
>
> Has anyone ever gotten that penguin snowball fight thing (it made the rounds before christmas)?
>
> I didn't understand it last year and I didn't understand it this year either. It appeared to be a
> game that the viewer wasn't allowed to play.
>

> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

I'm sure it's not any worse that this:

http://www.urban75.com/Mag/bubble.html

Enjoy!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

>,,<Cat's Haven Hobby Farm>,,<[email protected]>,,<

"Steve Calvin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> >>Try this one on the large screen... bigger display and the "goon" hits harder...
> >>http://mironov.net/pingu/pingu3.swf
> >

> > Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over 900.
> > Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this passes the
> > time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he comes in.
>
> Lol, I know whatcha mean about too much time... the thing's addictive. The "known" record so far
> is 1218.2
>
> As for the white cr*p, keep it there. We're actually above freezing for the first time that I can
> remember! :)
>
> --
> Steve
1224.1 Ta-dah! janet

In article <[email protected]>, "Janet Bostwick" <[email protected]>
wrote: (snip)

> > > Wow, I'll say! I couldn't get past 588 on the first one. My first hit on your link was over
> > > 900. Too much time on my hands. OTOH, we just got about 4" of snow dumped on us and this
> > > passes the time while Rob blows it out. :) I'll have some hot chocolate ready for him when he
> > > comes in.
> >
> > Lol, I know whatcha mean about too much time... the thing's addictive. The "known" record so far
> > is 1218.2
> >
> > As for the white cr*p, keep it there. We're actually above freezing for the first time that I
> > can remember! :)
> >
> > --
> > Steve
> 1224.1 Ta-dah! janet

well, ain'tchu speshul! <g> I had 1203 or a little more. OB Food: Don't eat the yellow snow.