OT - sorry !

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Sandy, Sep 4, 2005.

  1. Sandy

    Sandy Guest

    Yes, off topic, but I can't find anything on the web, and no inquiry on
    r.b.marketplace gets a reply.

    Of the wonderful shop owners out there, is there one who could lead me to a
    source for mount kits for a Vetta HR1000 computer-cardiometer. My last
    surviving one was assaulted by a neighbor child thing today. I'll take 3, if
    they may be availble. Vetta seems not to have any distributor or dealer in
    Europe who will answer a simple e-mail.

    Thanks for being patient.
    --
    Sandy
    Verneuil-sur-Seine

    La vie, c'est comme une bicyclette,
    il faut avancer pour ne pas perdre l'équilibre.
    -- Einstein, A.

    Tags:

  2. On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 07:44:30 +0200, "Sandy" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Yes, off topic, but I can't find anything on the web, and no inquiry on
    >r.b.marketplace gets a reply.
    >
    >Of the wonderful shop owners out there, is there one who could lead me to a
    >source for mount kits for a Vetta HR1000 computer-cardiometer. My last
    >surviving one was assaulted by a neighbor child thing today. I'll take 3, if
    >they may be availble. Vetta seems not to have any distributor or dealer in
    >Europe who will answer a simple e-mail.
    >
    >Thanks for being patient.

    Dear Sandy,

    If nothing else works out, there's a Vetta HR1000 being
    auctioned on eBay:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Vetta-HR1000-He...ryZ30108QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

    No magnet, but it looks like the mount is there.

    The Vetta HR1000 doesn't appear in the eBay
    completed-auction listings, which cover the last month.

    You can email the seller with questions about the mount and
    about international shipping. The auction ends in a week, so
    you have time to sign up if you don't have an eBay account.
    All you need is a credit card and an email account.

    If you're desperate, send me an email to work out the
    details and I can bid for you and re-ship it if it's won.

    Carl Fogel

  3. Bill Sornson

    Bill Sornson Guest

    Sandy wrote:
    > Yes, off topic, but I can't find anything on the web, and no inquiry
    > on r.b.marketplace gets a reply.
    >
    > Of the wonderful shop owners out there, is there one who could lead
    > me to a source for mount kits for a Vetta HR1000
    > computer-cardiometer. My last surviving one was assaulted by a
    > neighbor child thing today. I'll take 3, if they may be availble. Vetta
    > seems not to have any distributor or dealer in Europe who will
    > answer a simple e-mail.
    > Thanks for being patient.

    OK, I'll bite. How is this off topic? (Oh, because this is TECH? Please!
    : LOL )

    Bill "you have seen some of Jobst's crap, right?" S.

  4. Sandy

    Sandy Guest

    Dans le message de news:[email protected],
    Bill Sornson <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
    > Sandy wrote:
    >> Yes, off topic, but I can't find anything on the web, and no inquiry
    >> on r.b.marketplace gets a reply.
    >>
    >> Of the wonderful shop owners out there, is there one who could lead
    >> me to a source for mount kits for a Vetta HR1000
    >> computer-cardiometer. My last surviving one was assaulted by a
    >> neighbor child thing today. I'll take 3, if they may be availble.
    >> Vetta seems not to have any distributor or dealer in Europe who will
    >> answer a simple e-mail.
    >> Thanks for being patient.

    > OK, I'll bite. How is this off topic? (Oh, because this is TECH? Please!
    >> LOL )

    > Bill "you have seen some of Jobst's crap, right?" S.

    Exactly - because some folk don't like it. Thought I'd give fair warning.
    Hate the net police.

  5. Jay S. Hill

    Jay S. Hill Guest

    Sandy wrote:
    > Yes, off topic,

    This isn't off-topic.

  6. App

    App Guest

    <snippage of source query for Vetta HR100 mount/receiver>

    Use your google - that's what its there for. I purchased, online, a
    wireless mount for my second bike and a wired mount (with cadence) for
    my bike in the trainer. Can't recall the site, but I found them by
    googling "hr100 second bike wireless mount" or "hr100 wired mount".
    Got at least four or five hits.

    I don't know whether the on-line sources ship overseas, but I can't
    imagine they wouldn't.

    App

  7. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    App wrote:
    > <snippage of source query for Vetta HR100 mount/receiver>
    >
    > Use your google - that's what its there for. I purchased, online, a
    > wireless mount for my second bike and a wired mount (with cadence) for
    > my bike in the trainer. Can't recall the site, but I found them by
    > googling "hr100 second bike wireless mount" or "hr100 wired mount".
    > Got at least four or five hits.

    The OP is looking for a HR1000 kit, not HR100

  8. Neal

    Neal Guest

    "Kevin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > App wrote:
    >> <snippage of source query for Vetta HR100 mount/receiver>
    >>
    >> Use your google - that's what its there for. I purchased, online, a
    >> wireless mount for my second bike and a wired mount (with cadence) for
    >> my bike in the trainer. Can't recall the site, but I found them by
    >> googling "hr100 second bike wireless mount" or "hr100 wired mount".
    >> Got at least four or five hits.

    > The OP is looking for a HR1000 kit, not HR100

    Vetta does not make an HR1000. The correct model is HR100

  9. On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 18:07:00 -0400, "Neal" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >"Kevin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> App wrote:
    >>> <snippage of source query for Vetta HR100 mount/receiver>
    >>>
    >>> Use your google - that's what its there for. I purchased, online, a
    >>> wireless mount for my second bike and a wired mount (with cadence) for
    >>> my bike in the trainer. Can't recall the site, but I found them by
    >>> googling "hr100 second bike wireless mount" or "hr100 wired mount".
    >>> Got at least four or five hits.

    >> The OP is looking for a HR1000 kit, not HR100

    >Vetta does not make an HR1000. The correct model is HR100

    Dear Neal,

    Vetta did make an HR1000, which is the ancient model that
    Sandy mentions.

    Here's the HR1000 manual cover from the current eBay
    auction:

    http://i1.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/da/d4/5c_1_b.JPG

    Carl Fogel

  10. Sandy wrote:
    > Yes, off topic, but I can't find anything on the web, and no inquiry on
    > r.b.marketplace gets a reply.

    The USA office emailed me today; "long discontinued, sorry no parts
    available".

    Plan B? --D'y

  11. Sandy

    Sandy Guest

    Dans le message de
    news:[email protected],
    [email protected] <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
    > Sandy wrote:
    >> Yes, off topic, but I can't find anything on the web, and no inquiry
    >> on r.b.marketplace gets a reply.
    >>

    > The USA office emailed me today; "long discontinued, sorry no parts
    > available".
    >
    > Plan B? --D'y

    That was nice of you to try. I did that some time ago, also.
    Guess I will have to leave my hopes on eBay ...

  12. Sandy wrote:
    > That was nice of you to try. I did that some time ago, also.

    'Nada, M. Sandy.

    Well, this request came from the USA, so maybe a little less likely to
    be blown off so to speak.

    > Guess I will have to leave my hopes on eBay ...

    I had an ancient Vetta, cycloputer only, that had a clock readout
    window. I thought it was kinda dumb at first, but missed it for a long
    time after that one started showing 8's. Good luck. --D-y