OT - Sort of - Crying over Spilt Milk

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lisa Ann, Jan 20, 2006.

  1. Lisa Ann

    Lisa Ann Guest

    Tags:

  2. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    Lisa Ann wrote:

    > From Fark.com...
    >
    > http://wcco.com/watercooler/local_story_019145409.html
    >
    > I just wonder why this was considered a Hazmat situation...

    Me too. I used to work in commercial motor vehicle enforcement
    and taught the course on Dangerous Goods. Milk is not on the
    list of dangerous goods. I did a little net surfing and found
    a site that said that when spilled in large quantities it kills
    insects, but not the mosquitoes that carry yellow fever.
    WTF?

  3. maxine in ri

    maxine in ri Guest

    On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:29:57 GMT, "Lisa Ann" <[email protected]>
    connected the dots and wrote:

    ~From Fark.com...
    ~
    ~http://wcco.com/watercooler/local_story_019145409.html
    ~
    ~I just wonder why this was considered a Hazmat situation...
    ~
    ~Lisa Ann
    ~
    Couple of possibilities: it's a foreign substance to the waters,
    polluting them until thoroughly diluted.

    Think of what it would smell like after a while at above freezing
    temperatures. Air pollution.

    Dunno their reason.

    maxine in ri

  4. Karen